SNF: Chiefs at Texans

YoloinOhio

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pah! He'd be Tyrod's backup. Happy Days says so.

First rookie to throw 10 TDs in the first 5 games of his rookie season. He is terrible though. I read it here.

Duuuude. Why even bring up Tyrod here? Cant we just enjoy the game at hand?

(Btw, jones wouldve turned the wrong way on that ball and dropped it. Lol/jk

First rookie to throw 10 TDs in the first 5 games of his rookie season. He is terrible though. I read it here.

And we're seeing it again: the rookie QBs who've "got it" often usually show it right away. Wentz and Prescott last year. Watson this year. Goff may be an exception?

Correct with Sammy, but I'm talking about those 3rd (Hunt) to 5th (Hill) round picks that are really viewed as pure speed guys. Guys like Goodwin or TJ Graham ....

To be fair Hunt was seen as a 3 down back not a pure speed guy. Small school and running back is why he was a 3rd round pick.

Our shots on speed guy receivers have stunk though.

Haha that drive was a Tyrod clone! Great run, dodge a pass rusher and throw a deep ball. That is Tyrod's game summed up in 2 plays except we don't have a solid deep threat right now. Watson's problem is he throws a ton of near-picks and ball placement is poor on the easier throws. He has 128 total yards right now! That's impressive to you?

Duuuude. Why even bring up Tyrod here? Cant we just enjoy the game at hand?

(Btw, jones wouldve turned the wrong way on that ball and dropped it. Lol/jk

Fair enough. I am just irritated beyond belief by the way certain fans who will defend him to the bitter end then come into game threads and do nothing but rag other QBs.

Happy Days would rather be back in the 50s I assume. Watson's single handedly brought Texans back into this game.

Fair enough. I am just irritated beyond belief by the way certain fans who will defend him to the bitter end then come into game threads and do nothing but rag other QBs.

I hear ya.

Hunt is a BEAST. Im so jealous of the Chiefs. I feel if this franchise had been properly coach starting 2yrs ago we could be well on our way to be like the Chiefs.

Because all you do is make game by game judgments. I'd put the number much closer to 12. Just because Big Ben as an example has had a slow start to this year does not mean he could not get better production than Tyrod. Basically anyone who throws it rather than holds onto it. And Tyrod himself has proven that. His best game this season was the game he got the ball out fastest. A Quarterback's job is to throw the damn ball. Get it out of your damn hands.

But stick with your agenda. You think Tyrod is a borderline top 10 QB and all others suck and you will come into every prime time game thread to tell us that other Quarterbacks suck.

What do you mean I make game by game judgments? I actually don't know what that means. I just wanted you to tell me which QBs you think could throw to Zay Jones, Kaelin Clay, and Nick O'Leary against a good defense on the road in the rain and have a good passing day. I'm not even saying they'd all look as bad as our passing offense looked today, but barely anyone in the league could have done much better.

Really? did he show that off in college? I seem to recall him struggling with long throws in SF, and early in KC career. It was the reason he got labelled "game manager". He had Maclin last year. I don't remember bombs or didn't see enough of their games.

I saw quite a few of his games at Utah. He's a tremendous athlete. Here's one of the scouting reports, in which one scout is quoted as saying he had the best pre-draft workout "since Troy Aikman."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2015296

Haha that drive was a Tyrod clone! Great run, dodge a pass rusher and throw a deep ball. That is Tyrod's game summed up in 2 plays except we don't have a solid deep threat right now. Watson's problem is he throws a ton of near-picks and ball placement is poor on the easier throws. He has 128 total yards right now! That's impressive to you?

He has played the best team in the league and has 3 TDs in his 4th game as a starter. He has been far from perfect tonight... and yet he has made plays.

What do you mean I make game by game judgments? I actually don't know what that means. I just wanted you to tell me which QBs you think could throw to Zay Jones, Kaelin Clay, and Nick O'Leary against a good defense on the road in the rain and have a good passing day. I'm not even saying they'd all look as bad as our passing offense looked today, but barely anyone in the league could have done much better.

I reckon any of 12 or 13 QBs. You won't agree with them but frankly I don't care. I know what your agenda is. I'll be sure to check in on Thursday for your criticsm of Carson Wentz.

I saw quite a few of his games at Utah. He's a tremendous athlete. Here's one of the scouting reports, in which one scout is quoted as saying he had the best pre-draft workout "since Troy Aikman."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2015296

I'll take your word then. Too bad SF didn't have coaches who got that out of him.

I'll take your word then. Too bad SF didn't have coaches who got that out of him.

Smith is the exception that proved the rule in many ways. He took a long time to develop as an NFL passer. But he was horribly, horribly managed in SF. New OCs every week or so it seemed. Edited by GunnerBill

I hear ya.

Hunt is a BEAST. Im so jealous of the Chiefs. I feel if this franchise had been properly coach starting 2yrs ago we could be well on our way to be like the Chiefs.

The Texans tonight have more rush yards than Watson has passing yards. Run game is important and ours has sucked. Imagine our offense today if the run game was ripping off 6.9 YPC. We would have won easily even if everything else was the same.