Can we stop with "McBeane?"

At what point is it okay to separate the 2? I feel good about McDermott but have real questions about Beane(or the talent evaluators in general). We constantly lump them together and it's time to separate the coaching from the roster building.

I agree the that the name is silly.

Beane is there to find talent McD is there to run the team.

All teams work in tandem. That's not unique to the Bills. McDermott may (and probably does) have more say than your typical HC. Chip Kelly was a better coach than he was a personnel guy. The point is that at some point we need to separate those 2 things, talent evaluation and coaching because they aren't the same.

We probably need to Beane to run his own draft before separating the two.

It's emerging right now, but the Bills did pass on Watson in the draft. It's beginning to look like he's a legit prospect and possibly a franchise quality QB. Who owns that decision? McDermott? Whaley? Beane on the down low?

Too much behind-the-scenes shenanigans right now, so it's easier to just lump them together.

Neither do I, that's why some of us use the term "McBeane". The 2017 Buffalo Bills have the duos vision imprinted all over them.

I think coaching has been great, but personnel moves have been questionable. The issue is that I see McD as having an influence (or at least a say) on those personnel moves.

getting personnel from the bottom of the barrel is insane.

this is some of the worst quality football in history right now. there is no depth in the league right now.

The term has run it's course. Almost as annoying as snowflake.

How about McBFlake?

There is still a line between personnel and coaching. We shouldn't keep putting them together in our evaluation. The coaching has been good imo the roster building is a question.

Is that your observation across the board?

I agree. The coaching on the field has been night and day over the coaching in previous years (granted still question the offensive side) and some of in game decisions.

However i cannot just blame all the roster build on Beane seeing he came here after the draft. So McDermott shares blame and credit in how this roster was constructed

well said. i dont mind not saying McBeane but i dont think we can absolve him from these moves. Furthermore, McDermott wanted to bring in Beane. they have discussions about personnel. So we have to see what comes of this... I hate to say it but we have to trust the process and stop trying to figure it out

At what point is it okay to separate the 2? I feel good about McDermott but have real questions about Beane(or the talent evaluators in general). We constantly lump them together and it's time to separate the coaching from the roster building.

They have kind of made themselves a hydra like figure because of their past connection and whatnot.

Can we stop with " the process" ? That is far more annoying and overused imo

Edited by Boatdrinks

They have kind of made themselves a hydra like figure because of their past connection and whatnot.

Can we stop with " the process" ? That is far more annoying and overused imo

I HATE TRUST THE PROCESS. I say it now more than ever when I wanna be sarcastic.

I will continue to lump them in together because these guys work in tandem with many of the decisions they make. Beane so far has made very good choices that have already yielded good results and the best is yet to come in 2018. McD has done a very good job with getting this team playing good fundamental football. We just need some more talent on both sides of the ball and this team is ready to take it to the next level. The Cavalry is coming, but not until 2018.