To make a bad day worse

Buffalo716

I turned an ankle a few months ago. Missed last step in basement moving too damn fast. Boom, there I am on basement floor with a face full of litter box staring at me from 6" away. Laid there for about 10 minutes thinking that wife & daughter would have heard the 200# bag of rocks hitting the basement deck... After 11 minutes, I realized I was on my own and needed to pick my lazy azz up & move on. Cavalry, reinforcements were nowhere in sight, probably sitting 20 feet away on upstairs couch reading a picture book or something. :-/

Still don't feel right @ times... Probably a high ankle sprain.

Rub some dirt on it, and move on! Okay, not until you elevate and ice it for a day or two or three... ;-)

I turned an ankle a few months ago. Missed last step in basement moving too damn fast. Boom, there I am on basement floor with a face full of litter box staring at me from 6" away. Laid there for about 10 minutes thinking that wife & daughter would have heard the 200# bag of rocks hitting the basement deck... After 11 minutes, I realized I was on my own and needed to pick my lazy azz up & move on. Cavalry, reinforcements were nowhere in sight, probably sitting 20 feet away on upstairs couch reading a picture book or something. :-/

Rub some dirt on it, and move on! Okay, not until you elevate and ice it for a day or two or three... ;-)

Dang man they left you out to dry!

It was low in my ankle and I heard some bad noises but I'm icing it up and moving on. I don't think I need to go to the doctors. I'm just gonna be a bit less mobile for a while I guess

probably ignoring you intentionally

So, um, you haven't seen either your daughter or wife since before that incident?

It was low in my ankle and I heard some bad noises but I'm icing it up and moving on. I don't think I need to go to the doctors. I'm just gonna be a bit less mobile for a while I guess

That's the spirit. Screw doctors. Set your own broken bones, like I do.

Yeah... Doctors smockters... I didn't go either... LoL. It wasn't pretty. I was like to myself: "Man you really did it this time!" Like you, I didn't sound good at all. I was praying it wasn't broken.

You got the right frame of mind, that's how I handled it. Get better!

That's the spirit. Screw doctors. Set your own broken bones, like I do.

See... You got to one idiot out there: Me!

:-)

So, um, you haven't seen either your daughter or wife since before that incident?

They probably wish that!!!!

Saw an electrician yesterday, nice # of Fibula coming off a ladder. That was about 3 months ago. Ice and pain killers before consultation. No Drs. No medical review. Hes scheduled for surgery Wednesday, will need plating it to hold it together.

Saw an electrician yesterday, nice # of Fibula coming off a ladder. That was about 3 months ago. Ice and pain killers before consultation. No Drs. No medical review. Hes scheduled for surgery Wednesday, will need plating it to hold it together.

I am dumb, but not that dumb. Maybe somebody needed their bathroom wiring done in the meantime?

My sister the nurse was like that with an MCL/ACL (whatever the one Smokin' Jay Cutler had) skiing. She was trying to keep up with her 25 year old son. What a knucklehead, tears her knee and is on it for weeks after. She even had the "sled ride of shame" down the mountain... And still she follows up with no doctor until much later, then needs surgery!

Mine... I am back to running (after the first weekend)... But still ankle is sore at times, even now. I have rheumatoid arthritis... Battled through worse in my years. Mine was a simple ankle sprain. But with the RA, I don't look forward to getting older.

Hey Buff716... I figure I post this. I stayed @ a Holiday Inn Express:

"The Ottawa ankle rule is a simple, widely used rule to help differentiate fractures of the ankle or mid-foot from other ankle injuries that do not require x-ray radiography. It has a specificity of nearly 100%, meaning that a patient who tests negative, according to the rule almost certainly does not have an ankle fracture"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_ankle_rules

LoL... Who needs a doctor when you got Wikipedia. :lol:

Hey Buff716... I figure I post this. I stayed @ a Holiday Inn Express:

"The Ottawa ankle rule is a simple, widely used rule to help differentiate fractures of the ankle or mid-foot from other ankle injuries that do not require x-ray radiography. It has a specificity of nearly 100%, meaning that a patient who tests negative, according to the rule almost certainly does not have an ankle fracture"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_ankle_rules

LoL... Who needs a doctor when you got Wikipedia. :lol:

Thanks man

I am looking at Ottawa rule tests and seeing how they relate to my ankle!

Who stayed at a holiday inn last night??! I need a second opinion!

I definitely have pain in the malleolar zone but i am not 100% sure about the others.

Edited by Buffalo716

Thanks man

I am looking at Ottawa rule tests and seeing how they relate to my ankle!

Who stayed at a holiday inn last night??! I need a second opinion!

I definitely have pain in the malleolar zone but i am not 100% sure about the others.

With the price of doctors these days, gotta go old school. Yeah, good thing we have Wiki. They have a "sprained ankle" page:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprained_ankle

Some of those pics are nasty, second & third degree sprains... If it looked like that, I'd be in the emergency room! Oh, boy!

Now I didnt know that mild discomfort could last a year or so. I never had to take anything for my twist, but even after a month and a half, I can still tell that the ankle I twisted is still not as strong as the other. I was even @ doc for checkup last month, I didn't say anything because I forgot too.

"Prognosis:

Most people improve significantly in the first two weeks. However, some still have problems with pain and instability after one year (5-30%). Re-injury is also very common."~Wikipedia, "Sprained Ankle"

Get well! Hopefully you wouldn't notice it the next time Bills play! :-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois