House Democrat: Pelosi, Hoyer & Clyburn need to go away

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's well known as total !@#$ and scumbag.

But that's okay because he's a Party guy. So this will soon be part of an old news cycle, and much sooner than if this had been an election year when Inner Party members would be compelled to publicly distance themselves

So, you think your party needs to go even further to the left?

Tea Party did well in '10 elections despite people scoffing at them. Republicans do a better job of running a candidate that matches how conservative their district is. Democrats have to do the same as far as how liberal their constituents are.

Edited by Doc Brown

But that's okay because he's a Party guy. So this will soon be part of an old news cycle, and much sooner than if this had been an election year when Inner Party members would be compelled to publicly distance themselves

I assume people liked his money. He would throw it around at times. I have never heard of anyone that liked him.

ANN ALTHOUSE ON HARVEY WEINSTEIN: “And the idea that he’s going to make it all up to us by going after the NRA and Trump — disgusting.

And to drag his mother and his Bar Mitzvah into it. A Bar Mitzvah signifies that you became a man when you were 13 years old and you became responsible for your actions. It’s 52 years later, and you’re assembling a team to help you figure out the basics of human behavior and you’re trying to distract us with accusations against the NRA and the President of the United States. Grotesque.”

From the comments: “This is what a deplorable looks like.”

ADDED:

In a link-laden post, Ace of Spades asks, “Didn’t people in the media know, given that Weinstein was, you know, a notorious figure in the media?”, also pondering about how much knowledge the Democrats he donated to had, and the past Disney connection to Weinstein.

“Weinstein was a strong supporter of Hillary Clinton 2016 run, donated to her campaigns 10 times between 1999 & 2016,” the Hollywood Reporter notes.

He made 13 visits to the Obama White House. Malia Obama interned for him.

DLZa_3ZVwAADWKk.jpg

Edited by B-Man

He's also a well-known leftist.

If he was a rightie and this came out, the entire media would be banging on the door of every freaking member of the GOP asking them to denounce the disgusting pig.

Oh, I'm sure they'll get around to asking Hillary about the Weinstein donations any moment now. Right after they ask her about the donations she got before releasing uranium to Russia.

Aaaaany moment now.

The Corporate Neoliberal Wing of the Democratic Party is done. The grassroots Progressive base is the core centrist ideology of the country. You'll see.

Yes. It feels a lot like it did in February of 1917 in Petrograd. FORWARD Comrade!!! FORWARD!!!

Oh, and don't forget to wear your Che shirt.

The Corporate Neoliberal Wing of the Democratic Party is done. The grassroots Progressive base is the core centrist ideology of the country. You'll see.

How do you win elections without money? Competing against the Koch brothers and Sheldon Addelson and the rest of the deep pockets isn't easy.

On top of that, Democrats would be foolish to ignore the corporate world where so much of our innovation and progress originates.

Anyone who worked for Harvey and Corky have any info?

Never personally although I've got a few close friends who have. Let's say none of this is news in the industry, and it's going to get much uglier for HW when the rest of his dirty laundry surfaces. What's telling to me is how many in Hollywood are not commenting - because they signed NDAs after previous HW run ins.

Personally I'm hoping it leads to several other big names, with similar resumes of revulsion, being run out of the biz.

You mean a man famous for flying into fits of rage at the drop of the hat isn't a good person? Shocking. :beer:

Anyone who's spent more than five minutes in a room with HW knows he's a sociopath.

How do you win elections without money? Competing against the Koch brothers and Sheldon Addelson and the rest of the deep pockets isn't easy.

Have better ideas. The Hildabeast outspent Trump but she was morally and ethically bankrupt.