OL MIKE GANDY

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the nflplayers.com website

2003: Started career-high 14 games at LT, including the first 13 of the season, while missing 2 games to injury ... Made first career opening-day start at SF (9/7) ... Made 24th consecutive start at GB (12/7), but left game in 4th qtr. due to shoulder injury ... Inactive Games 14-15 due to shoulder injury, but returned to start season finale at KC (12/28).

2002: Made his NFL debut for the Bears 4 weeks into the season and went on to establish himself as a starter at 2 different positions over the final 11 games of the campaign ... Started at LG Games 6-10 before moving to LT for Games 11-16 ... Inactive for the first 2 games before being active for the first time in his career vs. NO (9/22); active but DNP ... Made NFL debut at BUF (9/29) on special teams ... Subbed for injured LG Rex Tucker vs. GB (10/7) ... Took over starting LG position with first NFL start at DET (10/20) ... Moved to LT when Marc Colombo was lost for the year to injury and made first career start at the position vs. DET (11/24) after never having played the position before at any level during his career.

2001: Inactive for all of Chicago's 16 regular season games and the playoff contest.

third round pick of 2001 draft. here's what they said of him at the time:

2. Mike Gandy, Notre Dame -- Late-developing standout, really coming into his own over the last two seasons in South Bend. Remember, at the prep level in Texas, he operated at TE and DE. When you combine his solid senior year with his impressive showing at the Senior Bowl practices, it shouldn't surprise anyone if Gandy ends up in the second round of the draft like I'm expecting. Drafted by Chicago, third round (68th)

John Rigas > "We have money at the trade deadline"

Sabres at the 11th hour > "BOB FREAKING CORKUM"!!!!!!

:devil:  :angry:  :P

263002[/snapback]

I just noticed your signature line......that's pretty damn funny

John Rigas > "We have money at the trade deadline"

Sabres at the 11th hour > "BOB FREAKING CORKUM"!!!!!!

:devil:  :angry:  :P

263002[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Remember, Corkum was a GREAT faceoff guy!!!! Too bad after he won faceoffs nobody else could score!!!!!

NFL.com page

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235212

Starter in the Dick Jauron era who was cut  by Lovie Smith and crew probably because they signed Ruben. Then brought in late to start again this year when the Bears were hit by injury..

263003[/snapback]

So a flyer on a guy who could provide some dept...

Wake me up when we sign someone.

I'll never understand...everyone was on McNally's jock, hoping he would come here because he is such a great line coach. Then, the Bills sign a young guy, whom McNally will mentor, and everyone automatically writes him off.

Seems like one of those things where if he projected as a versatile back-up to solidify depth, it is a great move. If he is brought in to fill a hole and start on our line right now it is very questionable. I do have faith in McNally and the kid obviously has some potential and experience, and it's fairly remarkable that he was inserted at LT in the last game of the season never having played the position at any level, and then went on to start virtually the entire next season there before being hurt. That says a lot about the guy's smarts, not to mention being a Golden Domer. This has McNally written all over it, but again, I hope he has been brought in to replace Price and not Jennings.

I'll never understand...everyone was on McNally's jock, hoping he would come here because he is such a great line coach.  Then, the Bills sign a young guy, whom McNally will mentor, and everyone automatically writes him off.

263016[/snapback]

I'm not on McNally's jock and I think you bring a few guys like this on the team and some will pan out, some will not. Nothing to be too excited about. Better than nothing...

I'll never understand...everyone was on McNally's jock, hoping he would come here because he is such a great line coach.  Then, the Bills sign a young guy, whom McNally will mentor, and everyone automatically writes him off.

263016[/snapback]

Thats true...

I was a little concerned that he was cut in Novemeber...but maybe they see something we do not...I do not know much about him, but like people have said here several times before....there are a lot of OL who are picked up off of the waiver wire, low draft picks etc who turn out to be very good.

from what I understand. Could be good depth who could step in and start. Seems to have football smarts ala another ross tucker type player who could play numerous positions on the oline. Nothing wrong with having good depth who knows if he is projected to start he could turn out pretty good.

In MOUSE MCNALLY I TRUST :devil: