Catalonian Independence

Can a republic just be torn apart by an election? This is the way to do it.The stupid Confederates should have peacefully tried to institute their depraved slave holders Republic. This should be interesting to watch

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/03/catalonia-holds-general-strike-protest-referendum-violence

Several thousand demonstrators gathered outside the Barcelona headquarters of Spain’s national police force on Tuesday amid strikes in protest at police violence during the disputed referendum on Catalonian independence.

As Madrid comes under growing international pressure to resolve its worst political crisis in decades, the crowd gathered in the Catalan capital, chanting “independence”, calling Spanish police an “occupying force” and urging them to leave the region.

In Barcelona, municipal police said about 15,000 people had stopped traffic as they rallied, many draped in the blue, yellow and red Estelada flag used by Catalan separatists, shouting: “The streets will always be ours.”

The protest came as several small labour unions and grassroots pro-independence groups urged workers throughout Catalonia to go on partial or full-day strikes.

Can a republic just be torn apart by an election? This is the way to do it.The stupid Confederates should have peacefully tried to institute their depraved slave holders Republic. This should be interesting to watch

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/03/catalonia-holds-general-strike-protest-referendum-violence

That IS what the Confederates did, you dunce.

That IS what the Confederates did, you dunce.

Just shut up Mr. Robert E Lee was more of an abolitionist than Lincoln. You are an idiot

You forget they fired on the American flag? The same flag--with less stars--that so many Republicans are butt hurt over when football players won't stand. Yes, save the Confederate monuments! But stand for the flag, blah blah.

Should be a fun Real Madrid/Barca game

and the smaller teams in both regions that nobody cares about as well

last time it was a choice between Communism and Fascism

neither please, North American is just fine without either.... thankfully....

• 3 weeks later...

Drudge is celebrating this on his headline.

No chance this won't be a big thing here soon. If and win the Dems win secessionitis will break out all over the south and mid west. Russia is already push it on facebook and twitter to those places.

I'd be happy to get rid of them, honestly. Might be a messy breakup but if they can do it peacefully I'll say good bye and no regrets

Drudge is celebrating this on his headline.

No chance this won't be a big thing here soon. If and win the Dems win secessionitis will break out all over the south and mid west. Russia is already push it on facebook and twitter to those places.

I'd be happy to get rid of them, honestly. Might be a messy breakup but if they can do it peacefully I'll say good bye and no regrets

Leave it to you to **** once again on democracy.

Loving people exercising their democratic rights?

Yeah. I'm a fan.

Shocking that you think the will of the people is secondary to the will of the government. You're a good little fascist.

Too bad that didn't apply in 2016. And so that's a yes?