RIP Tom Petty (confirmed)

YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, simool said:

Does not really matter. He is still gone, and far too soon.

Yes, it really matters.  The way SOME doctors prescribe opioids makes those doctors nothing but white collar drug dealers.  It needs attention and it needs to be addressed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yes, it really matters.  The way SOME doctors prescribe opioids makes those doctors nothing but white collar drug dealers.  It needs attention and it needs to be addressed.

I am not denying this does not exist but does not appear to be the underlying cause in this case from the family’s public message. He was in extreme pain & prescription patches to address that pain are appropriate. However, the accidental overdose may have occurred when he believed his dosage was not relieving his pain & chose to add more patches to achieve that relief. Non-opioid pain relievers would be a welcome product & hope our pharma companies can deliver that asap. This is a high priority at several big pharma & smaller biotechs & expect submissions would be fast tracked by the FDA due to a gap in effective & safe non-opioid pain relievers. Full transparency...I work in pharma R&D.

3 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

I am not denying this does not exist but does not appear to be the underlying cause in this case from the family’s public message. He was in extreme pain & prescription patches to address that pain are appropriate. However, the accidental overdose may have occurred when he believed his dosage was not relieving his pain & chose to add more patches to achieve that relief. Non-opioid pain relievers would be a welcome product & hope our pharma companies can deliver that asap. This is a high priority at several big pharma & smaller biotechs & expect submissions would be fast tracked by the FDA due to a gap in effective & safe non-opioid pain relievers. Full transparency...I work in pharma R&D.

kappa agonists hold great promise...pain relief non-addictive (theoretically). 

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Okay there holier than thou. Unbunch your panties.  Yes there is an opioid problem, has been for quite sometime.  Trying to use a rock artist that demanded to go on tour in spite of numerous ailments including a fractured hip is probably not the best place to start.  If a doctor had not have given him a script for it, I guarantee Petty would have had no problem getting it himself.  Clearly he would of.  He did not need the money, he was doing it because he loved it. So no it does not matter, regardless of how much you squawk about it.

Save your sermons for someone that gives two craps as to what oozes from your mouth.

Yep...in that way, it didn't matter.  He was going to do what he was going to do.  But truly, fentanyl is dangerous, dangerous to the point that it's reckless.  It probably shouldn't be prescribed....actually I feel the same way about all the !@#$ing opioid pain killers prescribed, they have really caused more problems than they've solved.

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Fentanyl is so dangerous

alot of kids in my neighborhood have died recently of Heroine mixed with fentanyl

its an epidemic. It's everywhere and it's a tragedy

As you may know...carfentanyl killed my son....only 24...

4 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

Yes i know. I couldn't imagine what you've been through and I have said prayers for your son and your family as well

This is serious stuff... kids are dying daily

I pray Jesus stops this epidemic 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, simool said:

Okay there holier than thou. Unbunch your panties.  Yes there is an opioid problem, has been for quite sometime.  Trying to use a rock artist that demanded to go on tour in spite of numerous ailments including a fractured hip is probably not the best place to start.  If a doctor had not have given him a script for it, I guarantee Petty would have had no problem getting it himself.  Clearly he would of.  He did not need the money, he was doing it because he loved it. So no it does not matter, regardless of how much you squawk about it.

Save your sermons for someone that gives two craps as to what oozes from your mouth.

I don't know what your problem is, or if you're just trolling.  I'm assuming you're just an ignorant ass.  If you truly believe what you wrote, then you're obscenely stupid.

2 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

Carfentanil is insanely dangerous.  Enough that, if aerosolized, it would make an extremely effective WMD; as the lethal concentration is roughly comparable to G-series nerve gas (e.g. Sarin).

It's only practical use is putting elephants to sleep.  I'd be perfectly happy if they banned that ****.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

kappa agonists hold great promise...pain relief non-addictive (theoretically). 

CNTX-4975 (Centexion) received fast track approval by the FDA just a few days ago for osteoarthritis knee pain. This is a non-opioid pain reliever but not a kappa agonist.

Centexion Therapeutics is focused on non-opioid pain relief and have a number of these type of compounds/treatments in their pipeline http://centrexion.com/our-pipeline/. Their CEO is Jeff Kindler...but have some good scientific research leaders. I do not work for Centexion.

The good news is safe and effective non-opioid pain-relief solutions are coming to market. Perhaps some relief can be provided to the tragic opioid crisis. 

9 hours ago, Mr Info said:

CNTX-4975 (Centexion) received fast track approval by the FDA just a few days ago for osteoarthritis knee pain. This is a non-opioid pain reliever but not a kappa agonist.

Centexion Therapeutics is focused on non-opioid pain relief and have a number of these type of compounds/treatments in their pipeline http://centrexion.com/our-pipeline/. Their CEO is Jeff Kindler...but have some good scientific research leaders. I do not work for Centexion.

The good news is safe and effective non-opioid pain-relief solutions are coming to market. Perhaps some relief can be provided to the tragic opioid crisis. 

Kindler???? Doooomed!!!  Great news about the non-opioids though, I know they have been given a high priority in NIH. NIDA funding.

On 1/20/2018 at 10:01 PM, Mr Info said:

Nice.  I'm probably going to need that within a year or so. 

On 1/20/2018 at 7:58 PM, DC Tom said:

Carfentanil is insanely dangerous.  Enough that, if aerosolized, it would make an extremely effective WMD; as the lethal concentration is roughly comparable to G-series nerve gas (e.g. Sarin).

It's only practical use is putting elephants to sleep.  I'd be perfectly happy if they banned that ****.

Training @ work... Some sort of DoD safety, drug training... Opioid awareness thing... I recall it mentioning that carfentanil is 10,000 times stronger than heroin.  If that is really true (I hope they aren't pumping me full of fake news <_<) I can see how easy it would be to screw up and OD.

Crazy bad. YET, who's controlling the natural stuff, poppy fields and putting a squeeze on that ****?  Then the unintended consequences of people turning to the synthesized junk because that's cheap/easier to find to feed the physical aspects of their addiction.

Sure the drug is killing people, but why are they turning to the synthesized garbage?

The road to perdition is paved with good intentions.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois