RIP Tom Petty (confirmed)

YoloinOhio

RIP BROTHER!

Because his music sucks. A lot.

I'm not bitter. Why do you assume there's something wrong with me? He's the no-talent hack.

Your name says it all. DC. As in Washington DC Im guessing. Had the misfortune of going there a couple times. Biggest collection of self important a-holes on the planet

Edited by Billsmovinup

Because his music sucks. A lot.

I'm not bitter. Why do you assume there's something wrong with me? He's the no-talent hack.

so you just thought you would pollute the thread with you're opinion on his music?

but hey even the great and famed tbd member DC Tom can be, yes, I will manually post it, an idiot.

not bitter, quite the contrary. just my observation.

great songwriter, lost another legend

r.i.p. tom.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

RIP BROTHER!

Your name says it all. DC. As in Washington DC Im guessing. Had the misfortune of going there a couple times. Biggest collection of self important a-holes on the planet

I'll have yoi know, I was a self-important !@#$ LONG before I got to DC.

And I'm okay with that, as at least I know the difference between music and the whining of a mewling eunuch.

so you just thought you would pollute the thread with you're opinion on his music?

You thought I wouldn't? You must be new here.

You're REALLY going to be upset with me if penguins go extinct.

Too all the Newbs, DC means no disrespect to Petty and his death. Tom Petty's music has been a longstanding irritation for DC... For what ever reason many can't understand (maybe too formulaic, sound, etc...) it. I guess we are all idiots for not understanding the hate.

DC is a good guy even if he has super villain hideouts he calls the "Wolfsschanze" & "Kehlsteinhaus." As a human, he is sad for Tom Petty the man, just not sad about the abrupt end to Petty's music.

Hard to figure out for us mere plebians with normal ears.

Too all the Newbs, DC means no disrespect to Petty and his death. Tom Petty's music has been a longstanding irritation for DC... For what ever reason many can't understand

"Mewling eunuch." What's so hard to understand? "Mewling eunuch."

As a human, he is sad for Tom Petty the man, just not sad about the abrupt end to Petty's music.

Which I'd said before: his friends and family have my heartfelt condolences. Just not my ear-felt ones. It's hard to be upset about the passing of the music of a man who's musical skills remain basically unchanged...

They say deaths happen in threes. The last week hasn't been any different. Hugh Heffner, Tom Petty, now Tom Petty again.

When will it stop?!?!?

did they have custody of the body, as opposed to Casey Kasem?

I'll have yoi know, I was a self-important !@#$ LONG before I got to DC.

And I'm okay with that, as at least I know the difference between music and the whining of a mewling eunuch.

You thought I wouldn't? You must be new here.

You're REALLY going to be upset with me if penguins go extinct.

Don't bring Gator/Tiberius into this!

RIP. Learning to Fly was my favorite song

He had some good videos back in the day when MTV was still decent

That was your favorite TP song? Even Tom Petty would say, "are you !@#$ing kidding me?"

In all the coverage of his death, I have not heard one mention of the song "Refugee." An oasis in the desert of disco. My favorite song of his.

So many great tunes to choose from.

You Got Lucky has always been one of my faves. I love the lyrics. They make me laugh. Just a great tune, all around.

Refugee is definitely an awesome tune, too.

So many great tunes to choose from.

You Got Lucky has always been one of my faves. I love the lyrics. They make me laugh. Just a great tune, all around.

Refugee is definitely an awesome tune, too.

I get why some people don't like him. I liked some of his stuff but not other stuff. Never got Runnin Down a Dream for example. American Girl has to be the top song, no? Even ahead of Refugee. Most underrated = A Woman in Love. I saw him live a few times and he was very good as others have said. He also always seemed like a good dude. RIP. Underrated song, simple but a little different from the norm and sort of clever IMO:

Edited by 4merper4mer

That was your favorite TP song? Even Tom Petty would say, "are you !@#$ing kidding me?"

Criticizing someone for their favorite Tom Petty song is superfluous, since the mere existence of a "favorite Tom Petty song" indicates a complete lack of musical taste to begin with.