Deshawn Watson is better then Tyrod. Yes I said it

Yep, this is now two quarterbacks in back-to-back seasons (Dak Prescott being the other one) who many considered to be a bad fit for the NFL but are now killing it at the highest level.

Who's next? Baker Mayfield?

Love Baker Mayfield. He was my fave at start of this College season and still is. I know he's not the classic physical profile they look for but he's a QB through and through.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that really sucks. Watson was proving me wrong and the NFL needs more QBs to stay interesting. What is up with all these non contact injuries lately?

could it be the cleats? the fields? something is going on

Well there goes the Houston season up in flames.

wild card contenders. them and the Broncos have their backups playing now. actually good news for us but still sad

In which case which ROTY QBs who soon lost their jobs and dropped out of the league were you referring to not one page back in this thread?

Because aside from RGIII and Vince Young the only QBs to win OROTY since Dennis Shaw of the Bills in 1970 are:

Big Ben;

Matt Ryan;

Sam Bradford;

Cam Newton; and

Dak Prescott

All of whom as far as I am aware are still starting Quarterbacks in the NFL. Two of them are top 6 QBs in this league.

No offense GunnerBill, but you have grossly misread the posts you are referencing from me.

The QB's I referenced in that previous comment were in fact guys like VY, RG3, and Kap. However, I did NOT state that Watson WOULD certainly follow that path. I stated I remain cautiously optimistic because its TOO EARLY to make any concrete declarations (good or bad) about any rookies over a small sample size. The same way its foolish to call Zay a bust because he started slow. The NFL history is littered with guys who started fast and fell off, as well as guys who started slow and came on (see Brees for example).

Then in the more recent post, I once again pointed out that NO ONE is declaring he will fizzle like those guys, some of us just want to see more and sustained success before we crown him.

And now you are trying to twist it (most likely because you have misread it, and not intentionally) to infer I or others stated his future will be more like VY, RG3, and Kap which I did NOT say at any point. I have said many times in threads and even in private messages back and forth that I like the kid, love watching him play and am rooting for him.

Furthermore it was a real bummer when he got hurt today, I sincerely feel for the kid and hate that it happened.

Don't let him off the mat!

You really are on a quest to be the least respected poster on this board aren't you. Good news for you, its working and you're gaining ground.

• 4 weeks later...

So here we are weeks later since Watson went down for the Season. Now the Texans are having problems getting over 20 points a game. After scoring like 34 a game with Watson. So in retrospect why do teams like Cleveland and the Bills keep passing QB’s. Like Cleveland trading back twice in the last 2 years Passing on Wentz 2 years ago and then last year trading with Texans so the Texans could then Draft Watson. Then Andy Reid says boy I need a game changing QB and he trades up for Mahomes. So the Bills basically passed on Watson and Mahomes in the last draft. 

Just like when we Drafted WR T. J. Graham in the 3rd round and passed on Russell Wilson. It’s no wonder that we’re just in a bad dream and can’t get out of it. When are these teams going to wake up and do the right thing and draft a QB when it’s there for the taking. To not take that 10th pick the Bills had and not draft a QB is a travesty in my opinion. It just delays the whole process.