Deshawn Watson is better then Tyrod. Yes I said it

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping they'd draft him. Thought he was the best of the guys coming out. But they didn't. Unlike many I don't go all crazy when the Bills make a decision I don't agree with, since they have access to a ton more data than I do as a casual fan.

We'll see how he turn out. Right now he looks really good. So does Tra'Daveous. But of course you'd rather have a QB that looks really good vs. a CB.

This isnt big news many said DW was a QB the Bills should have taken and now the truth is being played out.

Many say this team needs so much we need to fill in better players at other positions first, how has that type of thinking done for the Bills? Get a low grade QB like Tyrod/Fitz add a better WR like Watkins and boom playoffs baby.SMH

Truth is in my opinion is it all starts with a franchise worthy QB, until you have one it just doesn't matter about the rest of the team. Look at Luck he is on a Indy team that needs better players just like the Bills but yet when Luck is healthy they are a playoff contender every season he plays, very good QB play elevates the entire team.

Edited by xRUSHx

Just to be fair, 90% of the people on here didn't want the Bills to draft Watson. They complained about his arm strength due to slow ball velocity.

Haha, where did you pull this %? I was slow to the Watson train but I was completely sold after the second time he light up Alabama in the NC. He was a big game player who seemed like a total leader. I wanted him or Mahomes.

Tyrod is ok. But he doesnt elevate teams. Mahomes and Watson might make a few more mistakes but they are willing to risk it to make plays to win games.

Nothing triumphs a franchise qb.

Haha, where did you pull this %? I was slow to the Watson train but I was completely sold after the second time he light up Alabama in the NC. He was a big game player who seemed like a total leader. I wanted him or Mahomes.

Tyrod is ok. But he doesnt elevate teams. Mahomes and Watson might make a few more mistakes but they are willing to risk it to make plays to win games.

Nothing triumphs a franchise qb.

I always chuckle when people post about how guys might make mistakes, but that the risk is worth it. I absolutely guarantee if we had a QB that made risky throws and got picked off that the board would blow up over the QB being reckless, that we need a guy to manage games, etc., etc. etc.

This isnt big news many said DW was a QB the Bills should have taken and now the truth is being played out.

Many say this team needs so much we need to fill in better players at other positions first, how has that type of thinking done for the Bills? Get a low grade QB like Tyrod a better a WR like Watkins and he will light up the board.SMH

Truth is in my opinion is it all starts with a franchise worthy QB, until you have one it just doesn't matter about the rest of the team. Look at Luck he is on a Indy team that needs better players just like the Bills but yet when Luck is healthy they are a playoff contender every season he plays, very good QB play elevates the entire team.

The colts DISPROVE "the only way is franchise QB" thesis.

They're on their third mediocre season running now with a tanked for franchise QB on the roster.

I always chuckle when people post about how guys might make mistakes, but that the risk is worth it. I absolutely guarantee if we had a QB that made risky throws and got picked off that the board would blow up over the QB being reckless, that we need a guy to manage games, etc., etc. etc.

If he got picked off 5 times and had 17 TD's? No. That's a full season for TT.

They're on their third mediocre season running now with a tanked for franchise QB on the roster.

They have made the playoffs 3/5 seasons after drafting Luck.

The Bills haven't made the postseason in 17 years.

I was hoping they'd draft him. Thought he was the best of the guys coming out. But they didn't. Unlike many I don't go all crazy when the Bills make a decision I don't agree with, since they have access to a ton more data than I do as a casual fan.

We'll see how he turn out. Right now he looks really good. So does Tra'Daveous. But of course you'd rather have a QB that looks really good vs. a CB.

I didn't go crazy either. I never expected them to draft him but thought they should. I think the kid is going to have a very good career, but it is in the past for the Bills. The focus now turns to the 2018 draft as a route for getting a franchise Quarterback and in the meantime let's hope we get more good Tyrod than bad Tyrod and find a way to take advantage of this week AFC to sneak a playoff spot.

How many times has Indy been to the playoffs in the Bills longest playoffless drought in all of sports?

Went all in on Manning/Luck but had no supporting cast. Blame the GM/coaches in my opinion but without those two franchise worthy QBs Indy would be in the same exact playoffless loser streak the Bills are in now in my opinion.

Edited by xRUSHx

I can only speak myself, but Id rather have Brett Favre than Alex Smith. It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Obviously, Watson can regress but after 4 starts, he looks miles better as a passer than Tyrod has after 7 years.

I can only speak myself, but Id rather have Brett Favre than Alex Smith. It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Obviously, Watson can regress but after 4 starts, he looks miles better as a passer than Tyrod has after 7 years.

How many times has Indy been to the playoffs in the Bills longest playoffless drought in all of sports?

Went all in on Manning/Luck buy had no supporting cast. Blame the GM/coaches in my opinion but without those two franchise worthy QBs Indy would be in the same exact playoffless loser streak the Bills are in now in my opinion.

Went all in on Manning/Luck buy had no supporting cast. Blame the GM/coaches in my opinion but without those two franchise worthy QBs Indy would be in the same exact playoffless loser streak the Bills are in now in my opinion.

The same guy that built the bills super bowl teams built the colts team there. Manning wasn't just a Franchise qb, he is one of the greatest of all time. And there were loads of talented players that will come up during enshrinement talks including a center, fullback, two WRs safety and a DE.

So If you arguing that the Bills just need to get a generational all time great QB... ok that'd be nice. All but 2 current NFL team share that dream.

Luck on the other hand has result in the same success as Osweiler/Fitzpatrick/weedon/mallet/Yates/Keemun/schaub/hoyer/savage

Luck doesn't prove the argument no matter how many times you say it.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

The same guy that built the bills super bowl teams built the colts team there. Manning wasn't just a Franchise qb, he is one of the greatest of all time. And there were loads of talented players that will come up during enshrinement talks including a center, fullback, two WRs safety and a DE.

So If you arguing that the Bills just need to get a generational all time great QB... ok that'd be nice. All but 2 current NFL team share that dream.

Luck on the other hand has result in the same success as Osweiler/Fitzpatrick/weedon/mallet/Yates/Keemun/schaub/hoyer/savage

What?

How many AFC Championship Games did those guys all play in?

What?

How many AFC Championship Games did those guys all play in?

Ha! Only us bills fans can consider that the pinnacle of achievement.

But so I understand your revision to the "only way to win is a franchise QB"

is now

"the only way to get throttled 45-7, one game further into the playoffs once in 5 years is to get a franchise QB"?

Ha! Only us bills fans can consider that the pinnacle of achievement.

But so I understand your revision to the "only way to win is a franchise QB"

is now

"the only way to get throttled 45-7, one game further into the playoffs once in 5 years is to get a franchise QB"?

The pinnacle of achievement? No. But you can't win the Super Bowl without making the playoffs. And even then, you gotta make the playoffs A LOT to win the SB, usually. Because it's actually kinda hard.

Shocking concepts.

I see your point though. There's no reason to try to find a franchise QB, going 8-8 and 7-9 in perpetuity is a blast. There hasn't been a QB drafted since 2012 who has won a Superbowl. And if you consider that an outlier, you'd have to go back to the 2008 draft to find a QB who won the Super Bowl.

Guess we should stop looking!

Is playoffs the ultimate goal?

How many Super Bowl winners had to make the playoffs first?