I wonder where the professional TT haters are now?

I'm glad the Bills are winning....no fan is ever going to hope for their team to fail. But if you think I'm eating any kind of crow or humble pie related to Tyrod's playing abilities thus far, then you and I are watching different games. He continues to do what he's done well: be an incredible athlete and quite good at throwing downfield. What doesn't do well is stand in the pocket and make the passes, anticipate and throw receivers open, consistently make the throws I would expect an NFL QB to make such as the last few games having wide open receivers and not even coming close or asking his receivers to dive for the ball when it should have been at least within arms length of making the catch.

And yet, if you go the NFL official stats, Taylor is tied for eighth by passing rating - with that Aaron Rodgers fellah. Even though he can't make the simplest throws, TT's completing 65.7% of his passes (14th in the league). Even though he's incapable of finding open receivers, he's tied for tenth at average yards per attempt with that Drew Brees guy, both at 7.5. First down throws? There he gets the better of Brees, coming in at 10th, to Drew's 11th.

Pretty amazing what Taylor's accomplished given how incompetent he is, huh?

Edited by grb

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing their psychopathy and narcissism, they will problem say something like "give it time" and are still secretly hoping he will fail.

But it's nice now they are gone and eating crow and huge amounts of humble pie.

Calm down chief.

Do you think the Atlanta game is some sort of proof that Tyrod is something more than he has been in the past?

He's still the same guy and his play was not one of the top 4 or 5 most important factors in that win.

If you think it was, you aren't watching.

Doesn't mean we can't all enjoy the hell out of the win though.

What is it with this breed of cat on this board that posts primarily to go after other posters, like that is their reason for contributing here?

How about discussing football or the team or something other than attacking anonymous strangers via the internet.

My God, how empty are some of these posters lives?

The Bills need to go 8-1 for me to be sold on TT

Sigh. I wish you wouldn't do that. The Bills go 8-1, you realize what you've committed to, your head explodes, and then everyone is robbed of your presence. Think of us, willya?

I'm not a Tyrod hater, he is what he is. He can scramble and make plays when there isn't one. Him and McCoy are the only offensive weapons on this team. But he still can't make the easy plays. If you are this excited about 180 yards passing then you probably haven't watched a real QB in a while. Let's not get it twisted. The DEFENSE and Hauschka won that game

I'm PRESENT!!

The Bills need to go 8-1 for me to be sold on TT

That is correct. Did I say he couldn't? Did I imply he couldn't?

Why not go 8-1? With this defense we have no excuses as long as TT plays his good games.

That's what irked me last season. TT couldn't carry a bad defense to big wins.

Who knows what his game is like if he were to always pass 30 or more times.

Show me you can do it when needed and I'll be happy.

I never demanded he pass 300 a game. I use it as a milestone to reach or exceed

So if he goes 7-2 which would put us at 10-3 with 3 games to go he is just the same ole Tyrod? That's what I mean by unrealistic. You are essentially saying that unless he wins every game he isn't good enough. Yeah I know you said 8-1 but still that's a lot to demand.

He's still the same guy and his play was not one of the top 4 or 5 most important factors in that win.

If you think it was, you aren't watching.

Um sorry, he was absolutely a key factor in us winning that game. There is literally no argument to be made that removes the importance TT played in our last 2 wins. To say so is to completely disregard the 49 points we have scored in 2 games. And yes I know one score this week came from a defensive TD, but TT has mostly carried this offense the last 2 weeks, heck actually most the whole season really, and that is in despite of our HC and OC going heavily conservative to protect leads both weeks late in the game.

Run game has fallen off from last year, the OL is beat up, our OC is still finding the groove for the offense, our WRs are struggling with routes, separation, catching, and health. TT has easily been the best player on offense this season so far. The good news is that the run game looked improved this past week and the bad news is we just lost our best WR for a month.

:lol: How many QBs in the NFL can? Brady and Rodgers are about it. Oh yeah, Peterman too. :rolleyes:

Does it matter how many can?

Why is it wrong for me to want to see more from my starting QB?

Also

Can we drop the hostility?

I've made it a point to be polite to you. Can you do the same?

I want more INT s from the D

I want more sacks from the D

I want to see more forced fumbles

Does that mean I hate them all?

No it does not.

So if he goes 7-2 which would put us at 10-3 with 3 games to go he is just the same ole Tyrod? That's what I mean by unrealistic. You are essentially saying that unless he wins every game he isn't good enough. Yeah I know you said 8-1 but still that's a lot to demand.

He may be the same old Tyrod but he would be a consistent TT playing more good to great games than bad games.

To date I see a .600 team. We need more to make the playoffs.

Tyrod can do it if he plays smart.

Not good enough to Sell me he's truly a top 5 QB

Sigh. I wish you wouldn't do that. The Bills go 8-1, you realize what you've committed to, your head explodes, and then everyone is robbed of your presence. Think of us, willya?

LMAO 😂 Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Also

No it does not.

Then quit with the dumb hyperbole. Wanting to see more from the QB does not equate to expecting a QB to win games on his own when a defense plays bad. Very few QBs do that. Brady didn't yesterday.

If they go 8-1 the next 9 games it won't be entirely because of the QB. Nor if they go 7-2 should be discounted. Football is a team game, and the team will win if they continue to have good defensive and special teams performances, and if the offense can continue playing mistake free ball, and keep making long scoring drives. Drives which happened in no small part to the performance of the QB.

Also

No it does not.

He may be the same old Tyrod but he would be a consistent TT playing more good to great games than bad games.

This team can do it. That's where I am at. I don't really feel there are more than a couple QBs that can truly carry a team. I realize that Tyrod couldn't do it without this defense. I have always felt if he had a defense he at the very least could be a playoff QB and maybe even win a game or two there.

I think the OP is clueless, starting this thread because TT has not pissed his pants bad.

After 4 games averaging 186 passing yards.... Yea we got Joe Montana

Making threads like this should cause the OP to loose the new thread privilege.

Also

No it does not.

There is no hostility other than what you might be perceiving. You're trying to hold Tyrod to a standard that is beyond him and almost every QB in the entire league. I simply think it's not realistic. You put your ideas on Tyrod out there for critique and I did just that. No need to play victim as it's not very becoming.

Also

No it does not.

It isn't, but you've developed a reputation for yourself. You like to downplay or completely ignore things that the QB does do well while highlighting anything that paints him in a negative light. I've yet to see you post anything remotely close to that about our defense, let alone in the volume you do with Tyrod. You can't have a posting history like that and then be upset when people base your motives on that history.

Example from a thread earlier today that I found funny:

Stats are USELESS...

*insert negative stat about TT*

STATS ARE USELESS.

Thank you for your participation.

You just don't get it.

Having the fewest passing yards in the NFL is NOT a great achievement. It may hide faults when he is called upon to be a passing QB.

when he passes for 35 or more times TT is roughly 2-7. If anything I'm off by 1 game at most.

It isn't, but you've developed a reputation for yourself. You like to downplay or completely ignore things that the QB does do well while highlighting anything that paints him in a negative light. I've yet to see you post anything remotely close to that about our defense, let alone in the volume you do with Tyrod. You can't have a posting history like that and then be upset when people base your motives on that history.

Example from a thread earlier today that I found funny:

Stats are USELESS...

*insert negative stat about TT*

Stats are fun. But they do not correlate to Wins and losses.

I'm guilty of highlighting what I perceive as TTs weaknesses.

I do applaud his achievements (hard to believe huh). I just won't buy all in on Taylor being the best we've ever had because his stats are great

People are getting carried away. The biggest change in this team is the D and overall aggressiveness by the coaching staff. We punt and don't kick that last field goal we lose. Old playing "not to lose" staff would have punted. Ryan ties it up and Falcons win in OT. We also got lucky on the BS call on the Ryan fumble. The secondary and pass rush combo has been fantastic. TT is the same old TT to me. Maybe a bit better. I don't think he sucks he's just Tyrod. Not horrible, not great. Average. In the current qb market average is selling higher than it should. IMHO we cannot win a playoff game against a good team with him. He's a serviceable qb but that's it.

There is no hostility other than what you might be perceiving. You're trying to hold Tyrod to a standard that is beyond him and almost every QB in the entire league. I simply think it's not realistic. You put your ideas on Tyrod out there for critique and I did just that. No need to play victim as it's not very becoming.

See Peterman comment

Beyond a let's tank thread

When was the last time I called for Nate to replace Tyrod?

you won't find it.

So. Are we good?