Joe B: Five things to watch for against Atlanta.

JM2009

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-5-things-to-watch-for-in-buffalo-bills-atlanta-falcons-9_30_17-

"McCoy gets back on track in Atlanta
- For two weeks in a row now, star running back LeSean McCoy has been muted on the ground by a couple of really good defenses. After watching all of the plays back, you can hardly blame him for the lack of an output for a few reasons. First, the defenses were really talented and many top players have struggled against them before. Second, those really talented defenses keyed on him when he was on the field, taking him getting legitimate gains on the ground out of the equation. And lastly, the majority of the offensive line has played quite poorly over the last two weeks, which has led to no push along the front and no room to turn nothing into something. However, I think this is a healing matchup for the Bills and McCoy. With their most talented pass rusher (Vic Beasley) and their top defensive end (Courtney Upshaw) having to sit this game out, that will help the offensive line up front. I think the Bills can handle defensive tackle Dontari Poe — who struggles to move off his spot — on the inside. From there, the linebackers (Deion Jones and De’Vondre Campbell) are aggressive and show a minor tendency to guess incorrectly. This all leads to one conclusion: there will be space available both in the middle of the field and on the perimeter for McCoy to jumpstart his 2017 once again. While it might not be as effective as his Week One performance against the Jets, I don’t doubt for a second that McCoy can get over 100 yards from the line of scrimmage against the Falcons defense and their personnel. If the Bills cannot get McCoy going against this team, that is a major problem for them moving forward.

4) Another Clay day
- He’s been doing so quietly, but starting tight end Charles Clay has been the most dependable option on the offensive side of the ball since the start of the season. While he has dropped a couple of passes along the way, he couldn’t have been more efficient against the Broncos — catching all six of his targets for 39 yards and a touchdown. This matchup, mostly working against linebacker De’Vondre Campbell, is one that Clay can win. Last week, Campbell was lined up against Detroit tight end Eric Ebron, and even though Ebron was labeled a super athletic tight end coming out of college in his draft year, he’s been anything but. He struggles to separate and is slow out of his breaks — and he was still winning on his routes against Campbell. Clay’s route running and ability to separate is much stronger than Ebron’s, which leads me to believe he can have a pretty solid day for Tyrod Taylor and the Bills. It’s going to be a struggle on the outside — as it has been all season for the Bills — with their receivers, and specifically against cornerbacks Robert Alford and Desmond Trufant. When the ball goes through the air, it seems Clay and McCoy will be the ones that have the best chance to help them move the ball down the field based on the individual matchups."

I think Atlanta will win, but their will be opportunities for the offense to score in this game. The running game should get back on track this week.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-5-things-to-watch-for-in-buffalo-bills-atlanta-falcons-9_30_17-

- For two weeks in a row now, star running back LeSean McCoy has been muted on the ground by a couple of really good defenses. After watching all of the plays back, you can hardly blame him for the lack of an output for a few reasons. First, the defenses were really talented and many top players have struggled against them before. Second, those really talented defenses keyed on him when he was on the field, taking him getting legitimate gains on the ground out of the equation. And lastly, the majority of the offensive line has played quite poorly over the last two weeks, which has led to no push along the front and no room to turn nothing into something. However, I think this is a healing matchup for the Bills and McCoy. With their most talented pass rusher (Vic Beasley) and their top defensive end (Courtney Upshaw) having to sit this game out, that will help the offensive line up front. I think the Bills can handle defensive tackle Dontari Poe — who struggles to move off his spot — on the inside. From there, the linebackers (Deion Jones and De’Vondre Campbell) are aggressive and show a minor tendency to guess incorrectly. This all leads to one conclusion: there will be space available both in the middle of the field and on the perimeter for McCoy to jumpstart his 2017 once again. While it might not be as effective as his Week One performance against the Jets, I don’t doubt for a second that McCoy can get over 100 yards from the line of scrimmage against the Falcons defense and their personnel. If the Bills cannot get McCoy going against this team, that is a major problem for them moving forward.

4) Another Clay day

- He’s been doing so quietly, but starting tight end Charles Clay has been the most dependable option on the offensive side of the ball since the start of the season. While he has dropped a couple of passes along the way, he couldn’t have been more efficient against the Broncos — catching all six of his targets for 39 yards and a touchdown. This matchup, mostly working against linebacker De’Vondre Campbell, is one that Clay can win. Last week, Campbell was lined up against Detroit tight end Eric Ebron, and even though Ebron was labeled a super athletic tight end coming out of college in his draft year, he’s been anything but. He struggles to separate and is slow out of his breaks — and he was still winning on his routes against Campbell. Clay’s route running and ability to separate is much stronger than Ebron’s, which leads me to believe he can have a pretty solid day for Tyrod Taylor and the Bills. It’s going to be a struggle on the outside — as it has been all season for the Bills — with their receivers, and specifically against cornerbacks Robert Alford and Desmond Trufant. When the ball goes through the air, it seems Clay and McCoy will be the ones that have the best chance to help them move the ball down the field based on the individual matchups."

I think Atlanta will win, but their will be opportunities for the offense to score in this game. The running game should get back on track this week.

This is some decent work, and not just because I agree.

The O line needs to get sorted this week, in the run game especially.

I will simplify this for those who don't want to hack through the Joe B comments with a machete.

Watch for Atlanta to scythe through our D like Tom Brady on his finest day.

If we can stop that, and if our O can stay on the field long enough to keep the D rested, we have a chance.

- For two weeks in a row now, star running back LeSean McCoy has been muted on the ground by a couple of really good defenses. After watching all of the plays back, you can hardly blame him for the lack of an output for a few reasons. First, the defenses were really talented and many top players have struggled against them before. Second, those really talented defenses keyed on him when he was on the field, taking him getting legitimate gains on the ground out of the equation. And lastly, the majority of the offensive line has played quite poorly over the last two weeks, which has led to no push along the front and no room to turn nothing into something. However, I think this is a healing matchup for the Bills and McCoy. With their most talented pass rusher (Vic Beasley) and their top defensive end (Courtney Upshaw) having to sit this game out, that will help the offensive line up front. I think the Bills can handle defensive tackle Dontari Poe who struggles to move off his spot on the inside. From there, the linebackers (Deion Jones and DeVondre Campbell) are aggressive and show a minor tendency to guess incorrectly. This all leads to one conclusion: there will be space available both in the middle of the field and on the perimeter for McCoy to jumpstart his 2017 once again. While it might not be as effective as his Week One performance against the Jets, I dont doubt for a second that McCoy can get over 100 yards from the line of scrimmage against the Falcons defense and their personnel. If the Bills cannot get McCoy going against this team, that is a major problem for them moving forward.

4) Another Clay day

- Hes been doing so quietly, but starting tight end Charles Clay has been the most dependable option on the offensive side of the ball since the start of the season. While he has dropped a couple of passes along the way, he couldnt have been more efficient against the Broncos catching all six of his targets for 39 yards and a touchdown. This matchup, mostly working against linebacker DeVondre Campbell, is one that Clay can win. Last week, Campbell was lined up against Detroit tight end Eric Ebron, and even though Ebron was labeled a super athletic tight end coming out of college in his draft year, hes been anything but. He struggles to separate and is slow out of his breaks and he was still winning on his routes against Campbell. Clays route running and ability to separate is much stronger than Ebrons, which leads me to believe he can have a pretty solid day for Tyrod Taylor and the Bills. Its going to be a struggle on the outside as it has been all season for the Bills with their receivers, and specifically against cornerbacks Robert Alford and Desmond Trufant. When the ball goes through the air, it seems Clay and McCoy will be the ones that have the best chance to help them move the ball down the field based on the individual matchups."

Typical Joe B. comments. Here's how he analyzes things: "Lesean is good. The Falcons have an ok defense." "Charles Clay is good. He's better than Ebron". "If we can use Lesean and Clay, and if our O line plays "good" we should have a "good" offensive day".

He waits way too long for his points to be open (not college open) before he makes them, he runs his mouth a little too early under false pressure, and he sometimes misses wide open targets.

:lol: