Tre White named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month

CWink07

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sure McD ran the draft

I dont doubt MCD was pretty much running things, but Whaley had absolutely zero influence? Id find that hard to believe since im sure in the weeks and months leading up to the draft Whaley had probably worked on it.

I doubt McD was doing much draft prep in dec/jan

Edited by bobobonators

Yes but whose scouting was McD using?

Whaley's. It was under Whaley's infrastructure.

The way it most likely went down, McD communicated to Whaley all the prototypical sort of players he is looking for out of each position, Whaley created a list of the top prospects of the mold that McD wanted, created a draft board based off of the sort of player that Whaley scouted. McD reviewed and together they most likely agreed on certain players and early on decided he had a few players that he believed would be available after a trade down with the Chiefs and when the Bills went on the clock, White ended up being the top guy on the board when they picked.

Edited by Magox

Whaley's. It was under Whaley's infrastructure.

The way it most likely went down, McD communicated to Whaley all the prototypical sort of players he is looking for out of each position, Whaley created a list of the top prospects of the mold that McD wanted, created a draft board based off of the sort of player that Whaley scouted. McD reviewed and together they most likely agreed on certain players and early on decided he had a few players that he believed would be available after a trade down with the Chiefs and when the Bills went on the clock, White ended up being the top guy on the board when they picked.

You are being too reasonable.

I dont doubt MCD was pretty much running things, but Whaley had absolutely zero influence? Id find that hard to believe since im sure in the weeks and months leading up to the draft Whaley had probably worked on it.

I doubt McD was doing much draft prep in dec/jan

influence on the final call on draft day? No, I don't think he had much, if any. His team had done the pre-draft work on all the players though, so that is a part of it.

Yes he was a lame duck GM, but the draft isnt a singular event. I highly doubt that from the time MCD was hired in January to the time of the draft in late April, that Whaley was sitting at his desk filing papers.

I think he set the draft chart but McDermott made the final call. Everyone knew Whaley was getting fired and I doubt Pegula/McDermott would have a guy in that position made the final decision on players.

What is it about Buffalo and CB's? We draft them high and they all have success. All the way back to Winfield. Leodis was probably the least succesful of the highly drafted CB's. But he wasn't exactly a bust either.

Great to see White off to a fantastic start. Now will he be on the team for more than his rookie contract?

What is it about Buffalo and CB's? We draft them high and they all have success. All the way back to Winfield. Leodis was probably the least succesful of the highly drafted CB's. But he wasn't exactly a bust either.

Great to see White off to a fantastic start. Now will he be on the team for more than his rookie contract?

There are two positions the Bills are great drafting/ finding: cbs and rbs.

if the same coaching staff and FO are here, and he remains productive and available and out of trouble, then it's very likely he will be extended. If they switch systems again, probably not. Edited by YoloinOhio

if the same coaching staff and FO are here, and he remains productive and available and out of trouble, then it's very likely he will be extended. If they switch systems again, probably not.

It depends if he is injured half the time and wants top 5 pay regardless.