Concerning rushing stat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not well-versed in blocking schemes but have to wonder how long Mcdermott will endure this. Taylor, or McCoy , could get killed back there. Would more 'shot gun" help? Longer drops?

They started to do that against the Broncos. They ran more shotgun, play action, and 7 step drops and they ran zero 3 step drops. I'm curious to see if they run a little more power run plays versus almost all zone. This line doesn't seem to be very good at running zone run plays consistently.

Per Joe B.

Total #Bills dropback numbers:

Shotgun - 20

Rollout - 7

7-Step Drop - 5

5-Step Drop - 2

3-Step Drop - 0

Play Action - 13

https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/912693258278588416

Edited by elroy16

I dont understand totally changing up a scheme that was very effective. Our guys up front were maulers last year, very entertaining to watch, especially pulling guards.

This is the most frustrating part. With the same personnel they were fantastic.

He literally has zero room to run so far this year. This includes his big day in the opener so the last two games has been yikes.

YardsPerPass @YardsPerPass

McCoy is averaging 1.17 yards before contact per carry so far on the season, 32nd in NFL

Was #1 in 2016 w/ 2.99 yards per carry

for the moment, I'll put that down to the 2 top 5 defenses we faced these last 2 weeks.

I hope I'm right.

He literally has zero room to run so far this year. This includes his big day in the opener so the last two games has been yikes.

YardsPerPass @YardsPerPass

McCoy is averaging 1.17 yards before contact per carry so far on the season, 32nd in NFL

Was #1 in 2016 w/ 2.99 yards per carry

These stats don't surprise me - or probably anyone else. We see it.

I'm very worried about Dennison's run scheme.

I get we've played against good run D's. I'd still expect better. Shady's fantastic in space and Rico's got to succeed in getting him some.

The OL is awful. He has nowhere to go

Agreed, and what's worse, it's pretty much the same guys who were EVIL (in a good way) and fun to watch last year.

These stats don't surprise me - or probably anyone else. We see it.

I'm very worried about Dennison's run scheme.

I get we've played against good run D's. I'd still expect better. Shady's fantastic in space and Rico's got to succeed in getting him some.

I'm more worried about Castillo. He's kind of looking to me like the Marrone of OL coaching. And Baltimore's OL looks better this year (so far)

They started to do that against the Broncos. They ran more shotgun, play action, and 7 step drops and they ran zero 3 step drops. I'm curious to see if they run a little more power run plays versus almost all zone. This line doesn't seem to be very good at running zone run plays consistently.

Per Joe B.

https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/912693258278588416

I may be wrong but wasn't the zay drop/holmes td a 3 step drop?

Edit. Nope, shotgun.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos