Politics

Ice bowl 67

Anyone agree with me that politics has no place in football. To me it's the same as going to work and talking politics on the clock. Most times you'll be fired. I'm sick of it getting into our entertainment world. I just can't believe what has happened to our country. Anyone else agree with me. I just wish we could make football great again by standing for the anthem, respecting our flag and no more of this kneeling. God Bless America! We need God back in our country.

I agree. I'm sick of it. This country is so divided more than ever. All over my Facebook feed people have been fighting over the National Anthem protests since Sunday and it's Wednesday now. The arguments are turning into a political debate over Donald Trump and Clinton again. Ready to cancel FB too.

Anyone agree with me that politics has no place in football. To me it's the same as going to work and talking politics on the clock. Most times you'll be fired. I'm sick of it getting into our entertainment world. I just can't believe what has happened to our country. Anyone else agree with me. I just wish we could make football great again by standing for the anthem, respecting our flag and no more of this kneeling. God Bless America! We need God back in our country.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I agree with getting politics out of football, where it should never have gone in the first place. Blame the owners for their money grab with the US military. Anyway, it needs to go as it is only giving one side the chance to make their point. Most of us don't care what these players think about things not related to football . It's likely best if we don't know. I'm all for standing for the anthem, without the players present for it. Like it used to be. Or just get rid of it altogether. I don't know about the statement to referring to God as I am an atheist. I am not however " offended" by players making religious getstures after plays or talking about their faith. I think mostly what we need in this country again is to just forget about politics for a few hours and not care about anything but a game and a whole community rooting for its team.

Okay let me be the person to spit on your parade. A couple hours ago, with the TV on in the background, I saw a woman who was identified as the wife of NFL player Brandon Marshall speak.

Now, I wasn't paying enough attention to know if she was the wife of great talent but idiot coach killer WR Brandon Marshall, or I have no idea if he is Malcolm X or MLK linebacker of the Broncos Brandon Marshall.

But the little I listened she made a good point.

She said, breast cancer USES the NFL as a platform for their cause. The NFL is obviously in cahoots and no one really complains that these people are using this platform for their cause.

And that's what these players are doing.

Pretty good point.

Some of course will say they are not doing it during the sacred anthem. But the pink is omnipresent on every play.

So is the pink doing anything other than drawing attention to their cause? During the game? Are they disrespectful to the game?

Ummm, no.

I would prefer they stand. And I definitely did not like Shady ignoring the anthem entirely and doing his stretching. That said, If the owners allow their employees to use this time to stage a peaceful protest I can live with it. Freedom means being able to express one's views, and being able to object when one does so. That kind of freedom is what America is all about.

It takes about 2 minutes to sing the anthem. It does not ruin the game for me that some players choose to kneel silently during that time.

Okay let me be the person to spit on your parade. A couple hours ago, with the TV on in the background, I saw a woman who was identified as the wife of NFL player Brandon Marshall speak.

Now, I wasn't paying enough attention to know if she was the wife of great talent but idiot coach killer WR Brandon Marshall, or I have no idea if he is Malcolm X or MLK linebacker of the Broncos Brandon Marshall.

She said, breast cancer USES the NFL as a platform for their cause. The NFL is obviously in cahoots and no one really complains that these people are using this platform for their cause.

Pretty good point.

Some of course will say they are not doing it during the sacred anthem. But the pink is omnipresent on every play.

So is the pink doing anything other than drawing attention to their cause? During the game? Are they disrespectful to the game?

Ummm, no.

Breast cancer just doesn't use the nfl for their platform.

It has transplanted to every single level of football. High school kids wear pink all October and so do College kids. So do youth football players. I sold football equipment and every October was rabid for pink gear. Everything, socks, mouth guards, sleeves, eye paint

Pretty good point.

Ummm, no.

This skits around the issue nearly completely.

The idea that we should work to fight cancer is in no way controversial, and doesn't make ugly charges, baseless or otherwise, against anyone in the viewing audience.

The same cannot be said for what these players are doing.

A lot of people view Football as their refuge from the daily bull **** that surrounds us, which includes politics.

If I were a professional athlete I'd make sure to not get politics involved not just because I believe it doesn't mix well with sports but because if I took any sort of a stand, there is a good chance that I'd be alienating a decent segment of my fanbase.

If you want to use your high profile for a certain advocacy there are plenty of platforms that you could use to get your message across. Twitter, Facebook, interviews etc. Just keep it away from the sport itself, that would be my advice.

A lot of people view Football as their refuge from the daily bull **** that surrounds us, which includes politics.

If I were a professional athlete I'd make sure to not get politics involved not just because I believe it doesn't mix well with sports but because if I took any sort of a stand, there is a good chance that I'd be alienating a decent segment of my fanbase.

If you want to use your high profile for a certain advocacy there are plenty of platforms that you could use to get your message across. Twitter, Facebook, interviews etc. Just keep it away from the sport itself, that would be my advice.

when i give a bullcrap about people's politics, I'll remember to ask first

the last thing i care about is what an athlete thinks, they aren't being paid for anything but to be a working animal out there for billionaires and fans cheers

Pretty good point.

Ummm, no.

Tom Brady is a pinko.

Normally I hate when celebrities whine about politics, especially at award shows. But this was too great to pass up...

George Clooney, This was his response from after Trump accused him of being a "hollywood elite".

"Heres the thing: I grew up in Kentucky. I sold insurance door-to-door. I sold ladies shoes. I worked at an all-night liquor store. I would buy suits that were too big and too long and cut the bottom of the pants off to make ties so Id have a tie to go on job interviews. I grew up understanding what it was like to not have health insurance for eight years. So this idea that Im somehow the Hollywood elite and this guy who takes a **** in a gold toilet is somehow the man of the people is laughable. People in Hollywood, for the most part, are people from the Midwest who moved to Hollywood to have a career. So this idea of coastal elites living in a bubble is ridiculous. Who lives in a bigger bubble? He lives in a gold tower and has twelve people in his company. He doesnt run a corporation of hundreds of thousands of people he employs and takes care of. He ran a company of twelve people! When you direct a film you have seven different unions all wanting different things, you have to find consensus with all of them, and you have to get them moving in the same direction. Hes never had to do any of that kind of stuff. I just look at it and I laugh when I see him say Hollywood elite. Hollywood elite? I dont have a star on Hollywood Boulevard, Donald Trump has a star on Hollywood Boulevard! !@#$ you!"

Normally I hate when celebrities whine about politics, especially at award shows. But this was too great to pass up...

George Clooney, This was his response from after Trump accused him of being a "hollywood elite".

"Heres the thing: I grew up in Kentucky. I sold insurance door-to-door. I sold ladies shoes. I worked at an all-night liquor store. I would buy suits that were too big and too long and cut the bottom of the pants off to make ties so Id have a tie to go on job interviews. I grew up understanding what it was like to not have health insurance for eight years. So this idea that Im somehow the Hollywood elite and this guy who takes a **** in a gold toilet is somehow the man of the people is laughable. People in Hollywood, for the most part, are people from the Midwest who moved to Hollywood to have a career. So this idea of coastal elites living in a bubble is ridiculous. Who lives in a bigger bubble? He lives in a gold tower and has twelve people in his company. He doesnt run a corporation of hundreds of thousands of people he employs and takes care of. He ran a company of twelve people! When you direct a film you have seven different unions all wanting different things, you have to find consensus with all of them, and you have to get them moving in the same direction. Hes never had to do any of that kind of stuff. I just look at it and I laugh when I see him say Hollywood elite. Hollywood elite? I dont have a star on Hollywood Boulevard, Donald Trump has a star on Hollywood Boulevard! !@#$ you!"

Yes, Trump is a hypocrite, and Clooney would win a pissing contest with him.

But Clooney's still full of ****. He's Hollywood Elite.

Yes, Trump is a hypocrite, and Clooney would win a pissing contest with him.

But Clooney's still full of ****. He's Hollywood Elite.

He's one of few I like. He's known as a great guy to all production people. Really hard worker. I met him at a small talk and he was very self-deprecating. I'm sure people don't like some of his views but for who he is he's great.

He's one of few I like. He's known as a great guy to all production people. Really hard worker. I met him at a small talk and he was very self-deprecating. I'm sure people don't like some of his views but for who he is he's great.

I like him too. But bitching from your Italian villa about being called a Hollywood Elite is disingenuous at best.