Interesting highlights of Buffalo

Saxum

millennials or whatever you want to call the younger generation entering the workforce take a lot of crap, but I give them a lot of credit for the upswing in Buffalo and Detroit, among others. They are taking the chances of moving into run-down areas, fixing up houses and buildings in very eclectic styles, starting boutique businesses etc. A lot of us boomers fled the area in droves, they seem to be coming to the area and taking advantage of low house prices etc. Granted being able to work remotely gives people the ability to stay put and not follow the company as it uproots, but I still give millennials, hipsters etc a lot of credit for having the balls to rebuild.

Buffalo has certainly come a long way in even the past 5 years. unfortunately the millenials are now getting priced out of downtown Buffalo due to inflated prices. if they aren't there already then it's too late. prices are nuts now. a lot of investors from outside the area are buying up properties. a realtor that i know gets cash offers from NY, London, HK. unfortunately we are back at pre housing crash prices around the country so hopefully the bubble doesn't burst again and hurt the progress we've made downtown

Buffalo has certainly come a long way in even the past 5 years. unfortunately the millenials are now getting priced out of downtown Buffalo due to inflated prices. if they aren't there already then it's too late. prices are nuts now. a lot of investors from outside the area are buying up properties. a realtor that i know gets cash offers from NY, London, HK. unfortunately we are back at pre housing crash prices around the country so hopefully the bubble doesn't burst again and hurt the progress we've made downtown

There are plenty of other neighborhoods to homestead, First Ward, the Valley, Broadway Market. Still dirt cheap housing in those places.