RWS lease

Bills can leave the area by paying a buyout fee that decreases every year. Right now, it's obviously too late for 2005 season. However, Bills could move next yr for a $14 million buyout. (Buyouts doubled if Ralph no longer owns team)

I still believe that once LA builds a new facility, Bills will be a target and LA will undoubtedly be used as leverage to try to get more money for the stadium OR new stadium. The former more likely than latter, but the possibility still exists until another team relocates or expansion team awarded

I hope we would get an expansion team if the Bills moved away.

263740[/snapback]

If Erie County is truly struggling to financially adhere to the terms of the current lease, there's no way it has the wherewithal to put together the type of incentive package it would take to lure a new team to the Buff. ;)

If Erie County is truly struggling to financially adhere to the terms of the current lease, there's no way it has the wherewithal to put together the type of incentive package it would take to lure a new team to the Buff.  ;)

263777[/snapback]

No, the NFL would never give an expansion team to Buffalo. It would not matter if we had the $$ or not?!? We are not viewed in similar light as Green Bay or Cleveland....even though we should be.

You can forget that ever happening.

263742[/snapback]

Really, why? Wasn't the city of Baltimore in a similar situation when they lost the Colts? The city was in bad shape if I remember. Didn't have the $$ for a new stadium. You could even make the Browns an example. Yes the city would have to improve their economy but it could happen. I know Golisano has said he wants the team when Ralph goes and with the NHL dying off he might want it more.

Fowler bought the Vikings with the help of some money men from NYC I think. So Tommie G hooks up with Danny Wegmans, J. Jacobs, Celino and Barnes, Jim Kelly!!!! and a couple of other silent partners. They could Git Er Done.

263941[/snapback]

I have to agree Hammered. I have to believe their would be a joint effort by wealthy business men in the area and JK to buy the team if Ralgh said goodbye.