I found this quote by losman interesting

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, and maybe this was posted in another thread if so sorry. I'm too lazy to search so yeah...

"Everyone knows I'm coming into a great situation," he said. "We have a stellar defense. We have receivers that are out of this world. We've got a running back that's amazing, and a line that - they've just got so much heart and they're ready to go out and do it."

Obviousily he's giving a great deal of respect to our defense, moulds, evans, mcgahee. Maybe it's just the way it was written but to me it seems by that quote Losman is worried about the oline and doesn't think too much of it.

Whether it's through free agency or the draft or both we need to improve the line. We're dangerously thin on starters and depth. Infact I believe our only depth is dylan mcfarland/Lawrence smith and jason peters. I know this has been beaten to death but the oline has been ignored for far too long and I for one want to see the bills put losman in the best possible position to succeed, and just don't see that happining behind our current remaining linemen.

We're weak in the interior especially c/lg, and a gaping whole at lt. I guess in donahoe and mcnally I trust. I'm hoping for the best B-)

We're all hoping for the best. I'm sure Donahoe has some sort of plan to bring in help for the line. With the loss of our starting left tackle, the need to upgrade the line takes center stage. That's good, because they've been less than stellar in addressing it before and now they're going to have to deal with it.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, and maybe this was posted in another thread if so sorry. I'm too lazy to search so yeah...

"Everyone knows I'm coming into a great situation," he said. "We have a stellar defense. We have receivers that are out of this world. We've got a running back that's amazing, and a line that - they've just got so much heart and they're ready to go out and do it."

Obviousily he's giving a great deal of respect to our defense, moulds, evans, mcgahee. Maybe it's just the way it was written but to me it seems by that quote Losman is worried about the oline and doesn't think too much of it.

That's exactly what he's saying.

That's exactly what he's saying.

262570[/snapback]

Well its obvious that the weakness is the O-line, so I think JP was brgging about how great the team is, and overstepped himself. BUT! He's a smart guy and recoverd quickly. How's that?

I hope he's that quick-thinking on the field!

262603[/snapback]

I think he's goig to be fine, just don't expect miracles the first season. This is a long term move for you. give it two years, expect the Pats and Jets at the top of the conference this year, and my Fins and your Bills fighting for 8-8 or 9-7.

Or... I would not be shocked, if its a three team race at the top of the AFC East again, like this past year and it takes the Fins two years to rebuild. All I'm saying is dont' expect Losman to be 11-5 or anything ridiculous. Im happy if my Fins just look good this year.

I think a lot will depend on how dedicated the team is to building a solid offensive line. Even with Losman's mobility being better than Bledsoe's, he still will need good pass protection and we still will need to be able to run the ball between the tackles. Now, if our line is solid, with the abilities Losman does have, we could be in great shape.

Well, seeing that TD and Ralph have both already intimated that the O-line needs work, I don't think it's a stretch to think that JP believes the same thing.