People with blue eyes all have one thing in common

Saxum

My son has blue eyes and is part Asian.

I have blue eyes, but my son is half Lebanese and my grandson's mother is half Native American Indian, so no one expected the grandson to be a little blue eyed lefty with light hair. He's almost 4 years old, so it seems to have stuck.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My eye color sounds a lot like yours. I also have a lot of yellow at times. Father had blue eyes, mother had hazel.

My brother in law, who also had blue eyes, had cancer on the optic nerve of one eye. He lost one eye to that. The army doctor he had told him, blue eyed people should make sure they wear eye protection in the sun. Something you typically wouldn't think about.

I wear purple lenses because of my sensitivity to sun. Tried sun glasses and other colors (green, brown) but the purple ones seem to block the portion of the spectrum which bothers my eyes the most including light from florescents.

I am going to have to disagree with you. My eye doctor has even made notes on chart on my current eye color and said it is part of reason my eyes are so light sensitive.

Yes, this is true. I have had a lot of eye surgery in my life. My blue eyes help my eyes contract faster than dark eyes. I am also more light sensitive than people with dark eyes. This info comes from the ophthalmologists who have operated on my eyes.

Yes, this is true. I have had a lot of eye surgery in my life. My blue eyes help my eyes contract faster than dark eyes. I am also more light sensitive than people with dark eyes. This info comes from the ophthalmologists who have operated on my eyes.

May I be so forward... Whats wrong with your eyes?

My father has macular degeneration, that's the only person I knew that has eye trouble. Started having eye trouble w/glaucoma years ago. He's in his 80s now.

May I be so forward... Whats wrong with your eyes?

My father has macular degeneration, that's the only person I knew that has eye trouble. Started having eye trouble w/glaucoma years ago. He's in his 80s now.

My retinas have detached a three times (more than once in one eye, once in the other eye) and it isn't from a sport's related injury (when a retina detaches during a sports injury it is (usually) a healthy retina, and laying down and not moving until it heals is (usually) enough). I have bands in my eyes to hold my retinas in place.I have also had a lot of tears in my retinas which require laser surgery (and if anyone tells you laser surgery does not hurt, they lie). And, I had my cataracts done at 41 (which were not bad operations).

My father has (wet) macular degeneration which is the "bad" one but can be stopped from accelerating (supposedly). I wish your father the best. Eye issues are not fun.

My retinas have detached a three times (more than once in one eye, once in the other eye) and it isn't from a sport's related injury (when a retina detaches during a sports injury it is (usually) a healthy retina, and laying down and not moving until it heals is (usually) enough). I have bands in my eyes to hold my retinas in place.I have also had a lot of tears in my retinas which require laser surgery (and if anyone tells you laser surgery does not hurt, they lie). And, I had my cataracts done at 41 (which were not bad operations).

My father has (wet) macular degeneration which is the "bad" one but can be stopped from accelerating (supposedly). I wish your father the best. Eye issues are not fun.

take care of yourself....

He will be the Presidfent one day.

When I was his age I wanted to be President so I could have a color TV in every room.

lots of lefties have been POTUS recently

a large % of accounting specialty lines are lefties (receivership, forensic and that stuff...)

lots of lefties have been POTUS recently

a large % of accounting specialty lines are lefties (receivership, forensic and that stuff...)

I think it actually goes way back, but of course I'm too lazy to investigate.

My mother is dealing with dry macular degeneration now, and that's scary enough. Best of luck to you and your father. We take the gift of sight for granted far too often. I can't imagine what a life changer that would be.

My mother is dealing with dry macular degeneration now, and that's scary enough. Best of luck to you and your father. We take the gift of sight for granted far too often. I can't imagine what a life changer that would be.

Best wishes to your mom. Eye diseases are truly terrible.

Best wishes to your mom. Eye diseases are truly terrible.

Thanks, she turns 90 next month, but her worst fear is to be a burden to others. Getting old is tough. I keep telling myself I'm fine, then I'm seeing people drop like flies all around me. Long term disability insurance is the biggest thing on my agenda, but I'd rather go the way of the priest on Caddyshack.

Are you talking about the Who concert and the trampling?

Yes, but it wasn't trampling. They all died standing up. It got so compressed some people actually couldn't breath. I was there with my college rugby team, and we friggin' ran away! We were bigger than average and went all around the stadium looking for something more reasonable. It was cold and rainy, the lights went down and they started playing Quadrophenia. People thought the concert had started and got impatient. They had a grand total of TWO ticket gates open, right next to each other, manned by geriatrics in no particular hurry. One of my buddies went down saying he tripped over something. It took several of us to get him up. But people died standing up, getting the air crushed out of them. the city tried to blame "those damn kids on drugs", but toxicology proved that to be a lie. Sore topic....

We saw ambulances, but figured some people were just too wasted. After the concert we went back to the campus bar for the end of Monday night football. People freaked out when we walked in...WTF? Then the broke into the football to explain what we saw...but didn't understand. The city was to blame, but they tried to turn it on the kids.

Thanks, she turns 90 next month, but her worst fear is to be a burden to others. Getting old is tough. I keep telling myself I'm fine, then I'm seeing people drop like flies all around me. Long term disability insurance is the biggest thing on my agenda, but I'd rather go the way of the priest on Caddyshack.

Yes, but it wasn't trampling. They all died standing up. It got so compressed some people actually couldn't breath. I was there with my college rugby team, and we friggin' ran away! We were bigger than average and went all around the stadium looking for something more reasonable. It was cold and rainy, the lights went down and they started playing Quadrophenia. People thought the concert had started and got impatient. They had a grand total of TWO ticket gates open, right next to each other, manned by geriatrics in no particular hurry. One of my buddies went down saying he tripped over something. It took several of us to get him up. But people died standing up, getting the air crushed out of them. the city tried to blame "those damn kids on drugs", but toxicology proved that to be a lie. Sore topic....

Ugh. I remember they were smashed against fences but thought it was trampling. That sounds worse if possible.

Sore topic... But... I have a funny story about that horrible incident.

The concert before the Cincinnati show, I think the last one before that show, was in Buffalo. I was at Fredonia at the time. My college gf accused me, with no real evidence, of going to the show with another girl. This hot blonde girl. I said no way! Why would you even say that?! I did not!

But the deaths at the concert in Cinci were then the cover story in Time Magazine that week. And there was a huge story in that issue. And included in that story was a picture of the last concert in Buffalo and they showed the crowd and there were about maybe 50 people shown in the photo in Time Magazine, but one of them was clearly me, and on one side was clearly one of my best buds, and on the other side, right next to me, was clearly the blonde girl my gf accused me of going to the Who concert with, that I vehemently denied.

Oops.

You cannot trust those lefty magazines.