Deon Lacey Named MMQB ST POTW

26CornerBlitz

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/25/nfl-week-3-peter-king-mmqb-awards-quotes-factoids

SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK

Deon Lacey, linebacker, Buffalo. Last minute of the third quarter. Fourth-and-two, Denver ball at its 31. Punt formation. FAKE! Upback De’Angelo Henderson takes a direct snap, and here comes Lacey, not falling for the fake, tackling Henderson after a one-yard gain. A huge play in a close game by a man plucked off the waiver wire from the Dolphins. The stuff helped the Bills upset the previously unbeaten Broncos.

MeagerGrouchyHarrier-max-14mb.gif

Nice to see the guy get recognition. :thumbsup:

Glad to see the Bills' Special teams recognized, but I read that Joe Webb was the guy that sniffed out the fake when he noticed the starting Denver OL remained on the field, he yelled out "Fake Alert" and Lacey made the play.

Glad to see the Bills' Special teams recognized, but I read that Joe Webb was the guy that sniffed out the fake when he noticed the starting Denver OL remained on the field, he yelled out "Fake Alert" and Lacey made the play.

McDermott said it was Colt Anderson.

@SalSports

McDermott credits Colt Anderson for being first to recognize the Broncos' look before their fake punt and having defense ready for it.

McDermott said it was Colt Anderson.

@SalSports

McDermott credits Colt Anderson for being first to recognize the Broncos' look before their fake punt and having defense ready for it.

He justified their commitment to him with that play. Nice going, Colt!

And I saw Webb make a ST's tackle. Never seen a Bills 3rd string QB ever play except in emergency (I think), much less on ST's.