Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

Keep winning then they can do/say whatever they want.

That's why Jim is on the field.

Does Brett Favre parade himself on the Packers sidelines or Joe Montana show up every game for the 49ers or Dan Marino in Miami? No, say what you want but Jerry has a legitimate beef. I get Kelly's a team ambassador but to me he's nothing more than a glorified fan and don't think he should be on the sidelines either.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry will be gone in a few years, Jim will still be on the sidelines.

Good luck with this fight, Jerry.

Jerry will be gone but someone will take his place and Kelly will be a smaller footnote in history. Those days are long gone and none of these young guys give 2 cents about the "glory" years

not good.. dont like Hughes comment... like hughes.. dont like his BS after the whistle penalties.. best he just STHU.. No room for diversity Jerry?

Ok for Jim to publicly call out Shady but not okay for Jerry to call out Jim? Seems fair.

The team had a meeting to decide how to handle this difficult issue, to allow enough room for differing views and yet to remain unified as a team. Not one person on that team publicly expressed their disagreement with any other member of the team. They publicly expressed their differing views on the issue by kneeling, not kneeling and holding hands. They did not do so by dissing any players as Kelly did. It seems to me that what they did was an excellent solution to the problem. They created a way for team members to disagree passionately and yet remain united to accomplish the task at hand, beating Denver.

Trade Kelly for a third rounder

Thats more than we can get for our current QB :D

Jerry will be gone but someone will take his place and Kelly will be a smaller footnote in history. Those days are long gone and none of these young guys give 2 cents about the "glory" years

Only the long time fans remember.....having Kelly around is called "marketing" folks....the last vestage of respectible football seen at NEw ERA field.

Thats more than we can get for our current QB :D

Only the long time fans remember.....having Kelly around is called "marketing" folks....the last vestage of respectible football seen at NEw ERA field.

how is Kelly on the sideline marketing? People go to games and buy Bills stuff because Kelly is hanging out on the sideline?

not that you'll have the fortitude to ever respond, but it legal speak should is about as definitive as must.

As a lawyer with 29 years of experience, I think that I can shed some light on the vast, endless complexities involved in defining, in "legal speak" how the word "should" is defined so let me help: "should" means "should" and does not mean "must".

The Supreme Court has held that the word "shall", in a statute means "may". The Federal Register instructs that "must" is the only word that, in a statute, creates a legal obligation. The word "should" is never used in statutes precisely because laws are concerned with mandatory actions or omissions, things you must do or that you must not do.

It is important to note that many states have First Amendment protections which extend to and include the workplace. Further, the players have a collective bargaining agreement with the NFL and, along with individual contracts, it is the primary if not the exclusive source of the obligations of players and owners.

As a lawyer with 29 years of experience, I think that I can shed some light on the vast, endless complexities involved in defining, in "legal speak" how the word "should" is defined so let me help: "should" means "should" and does not mean "must".

The Supreme Court has held that the word "shall", in a statute means "may". The Federal Register instructs that "must" is the only word that, in a statute, creates a legal obligation. The word "should" is never used in statutes precisely because laws are concerned with mandatory actions or omissions, things you must do or that you must not do.

It is important to note that many states have First Amendment protections which extend to and include the workplace. Further, the players have a collective bargaining agreement with the NFL and, along with individual contracts, it is the primary if not the exclusive source of the obligations of players and owners.

which is what many of us have been saying

Awesome! So I can go around stealing and coveting and killing and all that other stuff those pesky commandments leashed on me?! This is a great day!!

Thank You for your expertise and perspective to shed light on the subject. :thumbsup:

which is what many of us have been saying

I haven't read all 45 pages of posts on this so maybe I missed something but in the post I read, you said that "should is about as definitive as must". I said, in sum, that should is most definitely not as definitive as must. So I think that we clearly are not saying the same thing.

Awesome! So I can go around stealing and coveting and killing and all that other stuff those pesky commandments leashed on me?! This is a great day!!

Glad to help. That will be $500 please.

I haven't read all 45 pages of posts on this so maybe I missed something but in the post I read, you said that "should is about as definitive as must". I said, in sum, that should is most definitely not as definitive as must. So I think that we clearly are not saying the same thing.

Glad to help. That will be $500 please.

SCOTUS wrote that when it was written it was defined as a must in their belief but could not define the intention of the word only the definition.

I was reading on it last week

Untrue. But if they were to make a movie, jmc12290 would be "Dumber."

this Winter, America's favorite hot headed defensive end pairs with an everyday guy to have a simple conversation about life. America, get ready, because you're about to laugh as these two go at it in the funniest film in decades "Dumb & Dumber.". Rated NC17 for gratuitous nudity and explicit love making.