The Jake Plummer Offense

Kelly the Dog

This is exactly what I was hoping for before the season started and they started to do it after the first two series and it finally allowed Tyrod to do what he does well. The reverse bootlegs and rollouts also made the pocket later in the game easier to block because the rushers couldn't just tee off.

I have no idea why Dennison didn't do it for two and a quarter games but it's obvious that is the kind of offense they should run. Plummer wasn't a great QB either but he was effective with a lot of roll outs and bootlegs. It played to his strengths. And it keeps the defense off balance.

Dennison was the OL coach when it worked the best and then became the OC the next year under Shanahan and Kubiak.

It's especially surprising given that Dennison said in the offseason that they would be doing more of this stuff. That's what I was hoping to see. But not seeing it the first two weeks had me puzzled.

It's the perfect type of offense for Tyrod. Nice to see, finally.

Interesting comparison... however if I remember correctly, Plummer had tendencies to be a turnover machine. Tyrods the complete opposite.

A couple years in his career he was but not in those good Denver years as I recall. The 2005 year they were 13-3, he was efficient, they were like 7th in scoring and 5th in offense.

Tyrod was out for a while and the line needed time to gel (or more specifically the gelly lineman did not need to start) so perhaps these plays were added & practiced between games.

Could be. He was out. And Peterman would not be equipped nor asked right off the bat to do this stuff at the expense of his learning curve. That's a good point. Although I would imagine these type plays would have been a large part, one of the main parts, of their base offense as soon as Dennison was hired and knew TT was their guy.

Dennison ran this the entire game today and worked great. Hats off to him. Outside of relying too much on atolbert, who sucks, Dennison called a great game.

Yeah, I'm sure there's a line of thought that he's pounding away at the interior but I still think they call his number too much.

Dennison is doing a pretty good job of setting up the offense.

You can't go all waggle and boot every time you do PA because D ends will adjust and take away the corner.

Keep pounding the rock . Stretch , stretch, than waggle.

Shannahan/Dennison have had mobile QBs for years. Elway, Griese, Plummer, Cutler. It's an offense that is tailor made for the mobile QB... just need to stay patient

Dennison is doing a pretty good job of setting up the offense.

You can't go all waggle and boot every time you do PA because D ends will adjust and take away the corner.

Keep pounding the rock . Stretch , stretch, than waggle.

Shannahan/Dennison have had mobile QBs for years. Elway, Griese, Plummer, Cutler. It's an offense that is tailor made for the mobile QB... just need to stay patient

No question you don't do it always. They didn't do it always with Plummer either. But the drop back is way, way easier when the DEs can't just rush hard because they need to worry about keeping TT under control. That's why TT has had time later in the game on straight drops for the most part.

No question you don't do it always. They didn't do it always with Plummer either. But the drop back is way, way easier when the DEs can't just rush hard because they need to worry about keeping TT under control. That's why TT has had time later in the game on straight drops for the most part.

Definitely.

This is an offense that has been created , tailored and tweeked for 20 years.

It has all the principles and nuances a top scheme needs.

Versatilie run game

Waggle/ bootlegs

Stretch field horizontally

Stretch field vertically

Spread ball around

1st down possession target (clay)

X FACTOR- TT wheels

Makes us very tough to stop for 4 quarters

If we stay healthy we should continue to gel and get better