Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

Ok, here's something on which we can heartily and totally agree! Oh my, when I think about moving back to the WNY area for the less stressful living, I worry that I'll balloon to 300 lbs. because of all the comfort food, particularly Paula and her donuts. I started going there when I worked at Worldwide Records on Main St. and I would stop at the Kenmore Ave location, apparently right about from when it opened. So glad to see how well they are doing, and have to get there every time I visit Buffalo. You can't get peanut donuts in NYC (well, artisan shops occasionally have something, but it's not the same and they are three dollars). We had them at our fantasy football draft this year and I had to stop myself at three (and i was supposed to be eating healthy while recovering from pneumonia, but Paula's, dam).

Let's make this thread about doughnuts!!!!!

The Bills may not be very good, but I am undefeated in shifting the focus of threads to food

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait what?

Is this your attempt at satire? Please tell me it is...

Otherwise we found the most racist guy on TBD.

Ah yes, pull the racist card. Anyone who doesn't share your beliefs must be a racist. Mods, put this crap on PPP, it has no place around here.

This is basically the opinion that the President isn't allowed to voice an opinion.

I doubt you truly feel that way about everything that's been said by every President.

No, it very much is not, but if it were, how is it any different from all the people here who are saying that the football players should not express their opinions> He is doing a job, and it is irresponsible of him, in that powerful position, to call for others to be fired for expressing their own opinions. But, hey, through 70 years plus, that's how he's run his life, and that's how he runs his presidency, so I guess it's par for the course...but speaking of par, at least he's not playing golf all the time...oh wait.

I'm okay with white supremacists being fired, I am not okay with requiring Americans to stand for the anthem in any circumstance. Pretty simple.

If you wanted to make a point entirely unrelated to the one I was making why did you quote my post?

The point was that if people were really that concerned about players losing their jobs for controversial speech on PRINCIPLE they would have a consistent position when people lost their jobs for speech they disagree with.

They don't, therefore they are not standing on principle.

Actually , yes. Fans feel a deep connection to their teams. Customers often protest businesses. What is rare is workers protesting causes unrelated to their work while on the job .

Well it has become a revenue Mine. No one can say any longer it is once was about.

It is now more Fantasy Football than your Local Team.

especially the Bills who have had so much turnover in Coaches and schemes.

I would suggest not taking it to seriously any more.

The camaraderie developed over the years and the bond to like minded fans, thats something I can get behind

Workers mostly live scared to keep their jobs. I work in a Union within a Corporate shop. scared as well.

protesting anything is highly unlikely when you do not have any leverage.

Thats why I respect the ones that take that risk for a belief ingrained that they must answer.

Colin aint playin' football nor collecting that NFL check. He knew that going in.

Dude has balls

I'm not a Trump fan, and somehow I manage to move on with my life utterly unfazed by his buffoonery

Not to shift the topic back from food (mmm, food), but I'm glad, and in many ways it can be a good quality to be able to ignore it, and sometimes wish I could avoid getting upset at some of his acts of buffoonery -- especially, considering that plays right into what he probably wants anyway. However, it's become harder for me lately as some of his actions would impact me specifically or people for whom I care about in a potentially catastrophic way, so I'm sorry if I get a bit strident sometimes (and am also not sorry in a sense).

No, it very much is not, but if it were, how is it any different from all the people here who are saying that the football players should not express their opinions> He is doing a job, and it is irresponsible of him, in that powerful position, to call for others to be fired for expressing their own opinions. But, hey, through 70 years plus, that's how he's run his life, and that's how he runs his presidency, so I guess it's par for the course...but speaking of par, at least he's not playing golf all the time...oh wait.

I respectfully disagree.

There will always be a threat in the backing of his power.

The President says energy costs too much? That's a "threat" against power companies.

The President says health care is broken? That's a "threat" against insurance companies, hospitals, doctors, pharmaceuticals etc.

The President references a black criminal justifiably killed by police in a positive light? That's a "threat" against the police all across the country,

You simply cannot separate the man from the office at this point. If you wanna say he's pressuring the NFL by saying something about them, he's pressuring everyone he ever references. Ever.

If you disagree, I think you're merely picking and choosing what to apply this concept to. Basically playing the, "Yeah, but...." card. Which again, respectfully, I think is wrong.

I respectfully disagree.

There will always be a threat in the backing of his power.

The President says energy costs too much? That's a "threat" against power companies.

The President says health care is broken? That's a "threat" against insurance companies, hospitals, doctors, pharmaceuticals etc.

The President references a black criminal justifiably killed by police in a positive light? That's a "threat" against the police all across the country,

You simply cannot separate the man from the office at this point. If you wanna say he's pressuring the NFL by saying something about them, he's pressuring everyone he ever references. Ever.

If you disagree, I think you're merely picking and choosing what to apply this concept to. Basically playing the, "Yeah, but...." card. Which again, respectfully, I think is wrong.

And pressuring the Government to do better is always good.

As long as he is running it like a business and not a series of off the hip tweets.

thanks for the discourse btw

Did you just say and do you actually believe the president of the US can't take away anyone's rights?

I don't even know which comments they are meeting over, but he's the president of our country. Most powerful man in the world. He has the power to do just about anything. He might not get away with everything. But I don't think anyone's going to stop them from actually doing just about anything.

It's become apparent that you don't understand how the United States Government works.

And pressuring the Government to do better is always good.

As long as he is running it like a business and not a series of off the hip tweets.

thanks for the discourse btw

The government doesn't have a monopoly on energy or health care. Some of those are private or semi-private industries.

To about 40% of the country, yes. For the rest of us white supremacists are the worst of our country. If someone kneeling during the anthem if as offensive to you as white supremacy we're coming from two completely worlds.

I actually think the people who murder and rape people (and children) are the worst of our country.

Two worlds huh? I can see that.

Edited by jmc12290

a lot of the anger is coming from those who are tired of hearing about it and tired of an issue that has been proven false continue to get attention for a political goal which is dangerous to our country.

That's where the anger is. No one can simply ignore this issue.

You never seen to tire of chiming in on the subject, though.

Not to shift the topic back from food (mmm, food), but I'm glad, and in many ways it can be a good quality to be able to ignore it, and sometimes wish I could avoid getting upset at some of his acts of buffoonery -- especially, considering that plays right into what he probably wants anyway. However, it's become harder for me lately as some of his actions would impact me specifically or people for whom I care about in a potentially catastrophic way, so I'm sorry if I get a bit strident sometimes (and am also not sorry in a sense).

I ignored the news for over a decade, and even then i watched BBC or international news.

Trumpster has affected my interest/worry.

true story.

today i was heading home on the highway i drive regularly. Traffic was nearly stopped in an unusual location. After i moved on i saw no accident or reason. And folks were driving very slow in general..

It was truly odd.

this continued after i left the highway and was travelling down the streets to get home.

It was so significant I though about turning on the radio, which i never do. I really wondered if North Korea had done something or USA had.

I started looking at drivers to see if they were freaking out.

Turns out it was a huge motorcade for a Police officer's burial proceedings.

Yep The President has had no affect on my Life at all.

so yes i pay attention to his rants

To about 40% of the country, yes. For the rest of us white supremacists are the worst of our country. If someone kneeling during the anthem if as offensive to you as white supremacy we're coming from two completely worlds.

That was never the point, but now that you mention it, why is black supremacy less offensive than white supremacy?

Well it has become a revenue Mine. No one can say any longer it is once was about.

It is now more Fantasy Football than your Local Team.

especially the Bills who have had so much turnover in Coaches and schemes.

I would suggest not taking it to seriously any more.

The camaraderie developed over the years and the bond to like minded fans, thats something I can get behind

Workers mostly live scared to keep their jobs. I work in a Union within a Corporate shop. scared as well.

protesting anything is highly unlikely when you do not have any leverage.

Thats why I respect the ones that take that risk for a belief ingrained that they must answer.

Colin aint playin' football nor collecting that NFL check. He knew that going in.

Dude has balls

I hate fantasy football and always have. I don't play it. Why? Because I can't root for guys that I hate, though many are good ball players. I avoid it. It has diluted loyalties, and I dislike that about it as well. If I hate New England, that means Indont want them to score , ever. Fantasy makes many people to annoying to watch games with.

I'm in a union too. I'm not scared to keep my job, I know I do it well. We as union mambers have a lot more leverage than many workers in America. The bottom line is, nobody has the right to say whatever they want while at work. It's no big deal really, most of us abide by it rather easily. I don't give anyone respect for trying to advance a myth as fact, no matter how strongly they believe it. They are still incorrect. I'd have more respect if they were protesting a real problem, ( and did it in a way that didn't trample on the flag) like gang on gang violence and murders. Most of which go without the due process that these protestors bring up with such reverence. Largely because of the code of silence and not being a " snitch". Even though many of these victims friends and even relatives know who the murderer is. From a statistical standpoint , this is a far greater problem in America and far more likely to happen to people of color. Far more than a statistically trivial amount of Police shootings that happen per annum. Colin already made enough money that it probably doesn't matter too much to him anyway. It was just a job.

The government doesn't have a monopoly on energy or health care. Some of those are private or semi-private industries.

I actually think the people who murder and rape people (and children) are the worst of our country.

Two worlds huh? I can see that.

I was thinking better and more efficient Gov. Like one wants to run a business.

I was not speaking about private business being affected by what leverage Trump might wield in Congress or the House

The Bills may not be very good, but I am undefeated in shifting the focus of threads to food

Ha! And many thanks to you for that. And hopefully the Bills surprise us.

Prediction: Buffalo 28, Denver 20 (or am i going off-topic)

Edited by thurst44