Taylor has only thrown 12 passes of 10+ yards this season

SaviorPeterman

Saw this on the weekly Rochester D&C game preview.

On average his passes are traveling 4 yards in the air. These are putrid metrics regardless of the talent around him on offense.

I mean how do you expect to win football games with these type of numbers? Would a 5th round rookie truly be a downgrade?

Yes it's early but if this regime really believes in this guy we are in a lot of trouble and it brings into question what type of QB they might look for with a 1st round pick next year.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool now go to that website they use and tell me Aaron Rodger air yards this year.

Here i will help.

TT completed air yards per. 5.0

Other QBs around him

Flacco 4.3

Cousins 4.7

Rodgers 4.8

Carr 5.1

Smtih 5.7

I think TT needs to be replaced more than likey anyone here. But to push out this really is bogus. It is affected by the type of offense you run. Notice all those QBs are more of a Rythem Timiming WCO varient offense?

However HERE is the issue

Time to Throw

TT 2.86

Those same QBs that run a Rythem Timing offense

Rodgers 2.8

Flacco 2.64

Smith 2.68

Carr 2.07

Cousins 2.5

Funny how in the old offense when he had a solid , healthy WR corp, TT numbers were very good in 2015. I believe they were near the top of the league in completing passes over 20 yards. A new offense with a bottom five WR corp and no real deep threat won't work for this QB. Not using his strengths.

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/11/09/tyrod-taylor-leads-the-nfl-in-accuracy-4-other-surprising-stats/

Ooo and those thinking gonna sack Siemian. Good luck with his 2.27 TIme to Throw

Funny how in the old offense when he had a solid , healthy WR corp, TT numbers were very good in 2015. I believe they were near the top of the league in completing passes over 20 yards. A new offense with a bottom five WR corp and no real deep threat won't work for this QB. Not using his strengths.

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/11/09/tyrod-taylor-leads-the-nfl-in-accuracy-4-other-surprising-stats/

Because it is a Transition Year to a timing. And 2 years ago is an eternity. Show the 2016 stats. I know why you dont.

Buffalo led the league in points scored outside the red zone by a wide margin with 194, and Taylor was fifth in the NFL in yards per completion (12.54).

Ooo and those thinking gonna sack Siemian. Good luck with his 2.27 TIme to Throw

Because it is a Transition Year to a timing. And 2 years ago is an eternity. Show the 2016 stats. I know why you dont.

The offense, if they kept Watkins and Gillisee and stuck to Lynn's scheme, it didn't need to be fixed. assuming Watkins stayed healthy,which is why 2016 suffered a bit. But a solid second slot type guy, a rookie and kick returners are the worst group of all the three seasons he's been QB.

You probably said he sucked in 2015 too. I wasn't on here. But that seems like you. It doesn't matter what he does or when or the circumstances.

Edited by JM2009

Buffalo led the league in points scored outside the red zone by a wide margin with 194, and Taylor was fifth in the NFL in yards per completion (12.54).

The offense, if they kept Watkins and Gillisee and stuck to Lynn's scheme, it didn't need to be fixed. assuming Watkins stayed healthy,which is why 2016 suffered a bit. But a solid second slot type guy, a rookie and kick returners are the worst group of all the three seasons he's been QB.

Was Lynn (Romans offense) going to stay in Buffalo? NOPE. So they looked at what offense fits this nee NFL and decided on McCoy (who went elsewhere) and Dennison was next close.

Tell me how is Lynns Offense doing in LA right now? With a top QB curious

I just think at this point we are prolonging the inevitable with Taylor, he is what he is and doing what most experts and astute fans have expected and that's look exactly the same as he has the last few years, if not worse in this new offense that's obviously not a fit for him.

And while I agree in theory it's too early to pull the plug this week, when we are sitting at 1-3 in a few weeks (and we will be if we lose against Denver because we certainly aren't winning in Atlanta) what is the harm of making a QB change and seeing what Peterman can do? Because we all know this team don't have the talent to climb out of that type of hole and the season will be over for all intents and purposes anyway.

Worst case scenario is we find a quality backup to our future 1st round pick next year and he'll have 10+ games of experience under his belt. And if for some reason Peterman looks great or even decent when he plays we probably don't have to waste a bunch of picks to move up into the top 5 in next years draft and can stay put and take a QB later in the 1st round or 2nd round to compete with Peterman.

Was Lynn (Romans offense) going to stay in Buffalo? NOPE. So they looked at what offense fits this nee NFL and decided on McCoy (who went elsewhere) and Dennison was next close.

Tell me how is Lynns Offense doing in LA right now? With a top QB curious

Worked fine for us. that's all that matters. It fit what TT does very well. But you don't like that. That 2015 offense and this defense would be a playoff team. Should have been then if the defense was better.

Edited by JM2009

You probably said he sucked in 2015 too. I wasn't on here. But that seems like you. It doesn't matter what he does or when or the circumstances.

Nope i was inpressed by his 2015 play and was hopeful it wasnt his ceiling (because he did have alot to improve on). Then 2016 happened and i saw it was his ceiling and he didnt improve, now 2017 same issues exists.

But keep the excuses and blaming everything but him

Worked fine for us. that's all that matters. It fit what TT does very well. But you don't like that. That 2-15 offense and this defense would be a playoff team. Should have been then if the defense was better.

Then your saying they just should have hired Lynn thats really the crutch. Your upset they didnt hire the guy to build a very specific offense to fit a flawed QB.

Let me guess Tebow should still be in the league too right, OCs just didnt keep the offense that works for him.

Edited by MAJBobby

I just think at this point we are prolonging the inevitable with Taylor, he is what he is and doing what most experts and astute fans have expected and that's look exactly the same as he has the last few years, if not worse in this new offense that's obviously not a fit for him.

And while I agree in theory it's too early to pull the plug this week, when we are sitting at 1-3 in a few weeks (and we will be if we lose against Denver because we certainly aren't winning in Atlanta) what is the harm of making a QB change and seeing what Peterman can do? Because we all know this team don't have the talent to climb out of that type of hole and the season will be over for all intents and purposes anyway.

Worst case scenario is we find a quality backup to our future 1st round pick next year and he'll have 10+ games of experience under his belt. And if for some reason Peterman looks great or even decent when he plays we probably don't have to waste a bunch of picks to move up into the top 5 in next years draft and can stay put and take a QB later in the 1st round or 2nd round to compete with Peterman.

This offense doesn't fit him. and the WR group is bottom of the league. I challenge you to tell me he sucked in 2015 when he had healthier WRs that were good and Lynn's scheme.

Sergeant Short Pass

He's nothing more than Trent Edwards with mobility.

And just like with Edwards, some of the key metrics with Taylor are misleading because he doesn't take chances with the football and is quick to check down, wildly overthrown downfield attempts, etc. That's why his INT count has always been low.

Remember in 2010 when we benched Edwards after 2 games in which the offense was putrid and could move the ball? Fitzpatrick (who wasn't great either) came in and the offense looked completely different the rest of the season starting the very next week when he threw for 300+ against the Pats even in a loss.

Guarantee the same will happen when Peterman takes over for Taylor at some point because by default he's a better fit for this offense and a real NFL QB in terms of being able to throw with more precision and accuracy.

Nope i was inpressed by his 2015 play and was hopeful it wasnt his ceiling (because he did have alot to improve on). Then 2016 happened and i saw it was his ceiling and he didnt improve, now 2017 same issues exists.

But keep the excuses and blaming everything but him

Then your saying they just should have hired Lynn thats really the crutch. Your upset they didnt hire the guy to build a very specific offense to fit a flawed QB.

Let me guess Tebow should still be in the league too right, OCs just didnt keep the offense that works for him.

The numbers he put up in 2015 were in the top tier in the NFL in many catagories. Tebow didn't do that.

This offense doesn't fit him. and the WR group is bottom of the league. I challenge you to tell me he sucked in 2015 when he had healthier WRs that were good and Lynn's scheme.

Yes that's why he needs to be benched for Peterman who at least looked serviceable in preseason.

And yes never said Taylor sucked per se, he's certainly had his moments when everything else was working around him but he's not the answer here and it's time to move on.

Clarification whose scheme again? Romans you mean right.

The anger shows. I just ruined your agenda that he sucks. with better players, and the right scheme, he doesn't suck. I think the one poster was right-he didn't sign an autograph for you, or something like that.

The anger shows. I just ruined your agenda that he sucks. with better players, and the right scheme, he doesn't suck. I think the one poster was right-he didn't sign an autograph for you, or something like that.

Really who was the OC in 2015. So whos scheme again. Your lack of knowledge shows.