Anyone watch south Park tonight?

boyst

South Park is losing my interest. Trying to be too current, and political. I really enjoy the early episodes, like when Wendy had the substitute teacher shot into the sun. I think for me it started going downhill after the Imaginationland episodes. I'll still watch it, but really don't care if I see it Wednesday night or a few days later OnDemand.

They might - I was wondering that as well once I noticed the time on that tweet. I don't know how they could integrate them into the show in real time though.

I didn't watch yet, but South Park doesn't deliver their episodes to the network to air until an hour before they air. For a live-action show that's insane, for an animated show it's almost an impossible feat. But it lets them do things like that easier than other shows.

I didn't watch yet, but South Park doesn't deliver their episodes to the network to air until an hour before they air. For a live-action show that's insane, for an animated show it's almost an impossible feat. But it lets them do things like that easier than other shows.

An hour? How? That's beyond insane.

An hour? How? That's beyond insane.

I'm friends with a few people who worked on the show (some still do) and insane is the word they use. The amount of pressure on show weeks is intense but the staff knows it makes the show great because it lets them stay current. The network knows they need SP more than Trey or Matt need the network, and they've said they'd walk if the network tried to change the delivery schedule, so CC just lets them do whatever they want.

I imagine the pressure is even worse on the network side, especially in Standards and Practices (the censors) who have minutes to a job they normally have weeks to do. It always makes me think of this 30 Rock bit with Kenneth... I couldn't find the full scene, but here's the end. This happens after Kenneth successfully attempts to live-censor Tracy's stand up act:

They do every episode in 6 days time in case they want to fit something extremely current in. Only missed 1 CC deadline IIRC.

:beer: Beat me to it.

I'm friends with a few people who worked on the show (some still do) and insane is the word they use. The amount of pressure on show weeks is intense but the staff knows it makes the show great because it lets them stay current. The network knows they need SP more than Trey or Matt need the network, and they've said they'd walk if the network tried to change the delivery schedule, so CC just lets them do whatever they want.

I imagine the pressure is even worse on the network side, especially in Standards and Practices (the censors) who have minutes to a job they normally have weeks to do. It always makes me think of this 30 Rock bit with Kenneth... I couldn't find the full scene, but here's the end. This happens after Kenneth successfully attempts to live-censor Tracy's stand up act:

:beer: Beat me to it.

I don't watch anymore, but Stone and Parker were WAY ahead of their time..the time when they dropped acid and went to the Academy Awards in drag? Complete f-you to Hollywood...so legendary.

I don't watch anymore, but Stone and Parker were WAY ahead of their time..the time when they dropped acid and went to the Academy Awards in drag? Complete f-you to Hollywood...so legendary.

Then they come down in the middle of it and realize how stupid they look :lol:

I imagine the pressure is even worse on the network side, especially in Standards and Practices (the censors) who have minutes to a job they normally have weeks to do.

Which is probably the second-biggest reason they maintain that delivery schedule.

I've seen a few S&P memos (pre-internet) before. They're pretty hilariously uptight.

Which is probably the second-biggest reason they maintain that delivery schedule.

I've seen a few S&P memos (pre-internet) before. They're pretty hilariously uptight.

Very true. :lol:

I'll have to find some to share from some of my older shows. The S&P memos on Criminal Minds were always hilarious considering the macabre nature of the show (though they at least had a sense of humor).

I seriously doubt S&P would have allowed those Garrison/North Korea Asian slurs if they had enough time to review the episode.

Very true. :lol:

I'll have to find some to share from some of my older shows. The S&P memos on Criminal Minds were always hilarious considering the macabre nature of the show (though they at least had a sense of humor).

I'd love to see some of the memos for House. A pill-popping unethical doctor must have driven them nuts.

I still think of them (when I think of S&P, which is rare) as "Open-Mouthed Broadcast Standards." From Star Trek production memos I've seen, which is what the production team called them, because every single BS memo had at least two statements of "No open-mouthed kisses."