Kimmell calls out Sen. Cassidy

Cugalabanza

The issues are that the proposed legislation only says you get access to care and not care. Insurers could set premiums so high you can't afford them. And states can apply for waivers, meaning they can restrict coverage.

They could set premiums so high that no one could afford them... and very quickly be out of business.

They could apply for waivers and could seek to restrict coverage, and could not be granted those waivers.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They could set premiums so high that no one could afford them... and very quickly be out of business.

They could apply for waivers and could seek to restrict coverage, and could not be granted those waivers.

That is the issue. No one knows for sure what would take place.

Chances are insurance companies will give sick people the benefit of the doubt, and go way out of their way to make it as cheap as possible and as easy to do because they care.

Right. People tend to forget how things were ten years ago. No coverage for pre-existing conditions. My office would fight with insurers daily to get simple things covered. It was ridiculous.

if you don't know what would take place why are you spouting off on it?

du.

du

duuuu

dumbass

Because it could take away care people currently have. It is abundantly clear you do not understand the issue.

:thumbsup:

I work for a large health care organization. I take care of patients. That is our job. When legislation could threaten our ability to do that I get concerned. And that is the issue.

If the barn door gets opened and the horse runs out, it's too late to close the barn door.

Because it could take away care people currently have. It is abundantly clear you do not understand the issue.

I work for a large health care organization. I take care of patients. That is our job. When legislation could threaten our ability to do that I get concerned. And that is the issue.

If the barn door gets opened and the horse runs out, it's too late to close the barn door.

but you don't know that for sure but here you are. And as an expert on the civil rights of those in this country I want to chime in. I've been practicing law in Bridgeport for 33 years as a constitutional lawyer and have seen the destructive path of our nation.

:thumbsup:

as a psychologist who spent time dabbling in arts over the last 16 yrs I find these emogies to be a downfall in conversation and emotional well being. They do not take in to account the colors of all Americans.

but you don't know that for sure but here you are. And as an expert on the civil rights of those in this country I want to chime in. I've been practicing law in Bridgeport for 33 years as a constitutional lawyer and have seen the destructive path of our nation.

as a psychologist who spent time dabbling in arts over the last 16 yrs I find these emogies to be a downfall in conversation and emotional well being. They do not take in to account the colors of all Americans.

Well Dr. Boyst, Esq., I'm still waiting for you to deliver my pizza. Tick Tock. It's been 28 minutes already, that mother!@#$er better not be cold!

Edited by Koko78

• 3 weeks later...

That would explain why you have no understanding of health care.

Health care isn't exempt from the basic laws of economics.

You can't increase demand while holding supply relatively constant without a corresponding increase in price.

And prices are soaring. A catastrophic plan costs more now than a standard plan did 10 years ago. The costs are hurting a lot of people in a very real way. This is by design. If the mechanism in place is allowed to continue it will collapse.

At this point single payer would be better. The quality of service will suffer, but middle class people will be able to live without being slaves to the medical industrial complex.

When your medical insurance costs as much as your mortgage something is very wrong.

You can't increase demand while holding supply relatively constant without a corresponding increase in price.

And prices are soaring. A catastrophic plan costs more now than a standard plan did 10 years ago. The costs are hurting a lot of people in a very real way. This is by design. If the mechanism in place is allowed to continue it will collapse.

At this point single payer would be better. The quality of service will suffer, but middle class people will be able to live without being slaves to the medical industrial complex.

When your medical insurance costs as much as your mortgage something is very wrong.

That was the entire point of Obamacare.

Yes, because further government intervention obviously leads to affordability. Overwhelming historical track record be damned.

Yes, because further government intervention obviously leads to affordability. Overwhelming historical track record be damned.

Government intervention has a pretty awesome track record of making health care available, innovative and preventive. Without it the many of the elderly would go back to living in poverty instead of being some of the best off of citizens, life saving techniques, technologies and institutions would not exist and there would be a lot more misery and suffering in the country. The government has been nothing short of awesome in this regards. Just shows how people can be riled up into hating something that is wonderful.

Just to clarify, I think single payer would be a disaster. I'm just getting to the point that I'd rather do away with the whole medical industry and risk death rather than sacrifice all else for !@#$ing medical insurance.

Government intervention has a pretty awesome track record of making health care available, innovative and preventive. Without it the many of the elderly would go back to living in poverty instead of being some of the best off of citizens, life saving techniques, technologies and institutions would not exist and there would be a lot more misery and suffering in the country. The government has been nothing short of awesome in this regards. Just shows how people can be riled up into hating something that is wonderful.

Anything can look awesome if you only look at one side of the equation.