Kimmell calls out Sen. Cassidy

Cugalabanza

I see patients every single day. When patients do not have insurance they have to pay out of pocket if they do not qualify for Medicare or Medicaid. And when they can't afford it they don't come in

If you come to a hospital can you always get health care services? It depends. If you are told you have to work out a payment plan and you know you can't afford it, then you don't. Or you come into the ER where you have to take care of the patient, at much inflated cost because they are generally sicker, and even then hospitals are having to change their policies. We had to restrict ER treatments to zip codes that our network covers because hospitals several hours away were dumping patients on us because they did not want to cover the cost. So now if it's a true emergency we of course take care of the patient, but if they come into the ER and really need routine care we send them back to the referring hospital.

If you truly work in insurance you should know that insurance companies are making it even more difficult to pursue emergency care, because some still use the ER for primary care. Anthem for example will not allow us to treat a broken arm in the ER, they have to be seen at out urgent care center or medcheck because a broken arm isn't a life threatening emergency.

You know all this but you'd rather throw out gratuitous insults rather than have an actual discussion.

Preventive care and primary care are health care. What exactly are you trying to say?

insurance companies are trying to survive in over regulation and all of hat ****

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

insurance companies are trying to survive in over regulation and all of hat ****

When you were a resident, how much time did you have to fight with insurance companies for reimbursement for procedures that they covered? I have had patients bring in their policy showing that a procedure is covered, but when the charges are filed they are denied. Happens all the time.

When you were a resident, how much time did you have to fight with insurance companies for reimbursement for procedures that they covered? I have had patients bring in their policy showing that a procedure is covered, but when the charges are filed they are denied. Happens all the time.

as a resident it was not my responsibility, as part of the Hippocratic oath I was responsible for making sure my patients had the best overall coverage. And as a medical professional I found a way to ensure that, even if there was creativity and gray area. In the actual medical field, which I understand you've ever been apart of there is a lot of ways to ensure our customers are well cared for. Since coming over to the dark side and insurance I can promise you that patients are not number one, it is all about ensuring the prophets against the risk. I'm using voice to text because I'm driving to a date, so deal with it another destring profit and profit profit is how much you make while I am also a prophet because I'm God... Anyway in insurance, we often find a way to best service the balance of the healthcare patient and the health care provider and you must admit that. It goes directly against what Healthcare is all about, which is not good health insurance is about

Insurance companies are the biggest evil.

Pharma companies are the second biggest evil

Incompetence is the third biggest evil.

Greed by various companies and individuals and hospitals is the fourth biggest evil.

Government is probably the fifth biggest evil.

People can argue the hierarchy of these, and more, but there is a lot of blame even though everyone knows it's Hillary's emails.

You are being ridiculous. Health care is not medical treatment? Do you have any idea how absurd that is?

Yes, when patients have access to insurance they can come see a doctor who can examine them and perform screening tests. They can prescribe medication.

By any definition that is medical care.

The manner of payment for goods and services is not part of those goods and services themselves.

That confusion of health insurance and health care is the single biggest impediment to meaningful reform: You can't just give people insurance and say "There, you have care!"

Which illustrates my point. How can you say this and argue that health insurance is health care?

The manner of payment for goods and services is not part of those goods and services themselves.

That confusion of health insurance and health care is the single biggest impediment to meaningful reform: You can't just give people insurance and say "There, you have care!"

Which illustrates my point. How can you say this and argue that health insurance is health care?

Health insurance is not health care and nowhere have I said that. But without health insurance some patients cannot afford adequate health care.

Let me also say here I am not an advocate for single payer.

Nor do I think the ACA is without serious flaws. Health care is a very complex issue and deserves more planning and work than this 11th hour approach. Sen Grassley's statement sums it up: there are at least 10 reasons to be against the Cassidy/Graham bill but because Republicans promised to repeal the ACA he'll vote for it.

Do what Sen McCain wants. Regular order. Debate. Input from both sides of the aisle. Deal with issues like drug costs, tort reform, pre-existing conditions, end of life care, cross state plans to create competitive pricing. That gives a better chance of having something that actually works.

There is no !@#$ing way JB was ever a resident.

the joke is still waiting. It I grew tired and went on a date. Got my fingers wet. Being a resident at a hospital. ... Resident... Of a mental hospital

Health insurance is not health care and nowhere have I said that. But without health insurance some patients cannot afford adequate health care.

Let me also say here I am not an advocate for single payer.

Nor do I think the ACA is without serious flaws. Health care is a very complex issue and deserves more planning and work than this 11th hour approach. Sen Grassley's statement sums it up: there are at least 10 reasons to be against the Cassidy/Graham bill but because Republicans promised to repeal the ACA he'll vote for it.

Do what Sen McCain wants. Regular order. Debate. Input from both sides of the aisle. Deal with issues like drug costs, tort reform, pre-existing conditions, end of life care, cross state plans to create competitive pricing. That gives a better chance of having something that actually works.

what is adequate health care? Show me the person turned down (for what?) to receive medical treatment? Did they go to begin with or just B word because they didn't try??

Health care is simple as hell to get for free. I get checked by the county for free for STD's while I could pay a doctor $200 for it. And when I got the clap from a 3sum with some chick we brought home I got free pills. Health care is there if ya take it.

the joke is still waiting. It I grew tired and went on a date. Got my fingers wet. Being a resident at a hospital. ... Resident... Of a mental hospital

what is adequate health care? Show me the person turned down (for what?) to receive medical treatment? Did they go to begin with or just B word because they didn't try??

Health care is simple as hell to get for free. I get checked by the county for free for STD's while I could pay a doctor $200 for it. And when I got the clap from a 3sum with some chick we brought home I got free pills. Health care is there if ya take it.

Our network several thousand patients that can get health care now than could before. Yes you can go to a clinic and get penicillin for STDs. The purpose of more comprehensive health care is to prevent illness, not just treat things when they get really bad.

There are two goals; getting people health care and controlling the costs of health care. Seeing more patients early on helps catch and prevent more serious illness and the attendant increased costs of more complex care.

I do not understand how someone that works in the industtry can fail to understand this. But if you are on the insurance side, I can understand because the bottom line is your profits go up by keeping people from getting care.

Our network several thousand patients that can get health care now than could before. Yes you can go to a clinic and get penicillin for STDs. The purpose of more comprehensive health care is to prevent illness, not just treat things when they get really bad.

There are two goals; getting people health care and controlling the costs of health care. Seeing more patients early on helps catch and prevent more serious illness and the attendant increased costs of more complex care.

I do not understand how someone that works in the industtry can fail to understand this. But if you are on the insurance side, I can understand because the bottom line is your profits go up by keeping people from getting care.

oh right, the people too irresponsible to get health care in the past are now looking forward to preventative health.

please, show me the statistics to support that claim because as the last i saw - the ACA has not helped significantly with preventative care.

and, you idiot, i do not work in insurance, nor am i black. i am asian and own a masonry shop which builds custom log houses.

oh right, the people too irresponsible to get health care in the past are now looking forward to preventative health.

please, show me the statistics to support that claim because as the last i saw - the ACA has not helped significantly with preventative care.

and, you idiot, i do not work in insurance, nor am i black. i am asian and own a masonry shop which builds custom log houses.

Stop with the bull **** and talk about all the deliveries you have performed.

Stop with the bull **** and talk about all the deliveries you have performed.

i had to make one last night, middle of the night, it was during a storm and power was going in and out. thought hope was lost, nothing was going right. but, at the last minute i found the house and double cheese with pepperoni for the win.

i had to make one last night, middle of the night, it was during a storm and power was going in and out. thought hope was lost, nothing was going right. but, at the last minute i found the house and double cheese with pepperoni for the win.

You may have made the delivery but there was a slice missing from my pizza

Nothing special to say here. I'm just rotflmao at the thought of Jimmy Kimmel "calling out" anyone other than another lame entertainer. Does the Jimmer wield a cache of political clout outside of a pant load of guffaws?

And yet it happened...doesn't say much for Bill Cassidy. He is either a stupid mother!@#$er, or a dishonest mother!@#$er...okay, I guess he could be both.

That would explain why you have no understanding of health care.

And yet it happened...doesn't say much for Bill Cassidy. He is either a stupid mother!@#$er, or a dishonest mother!@#$er...okay, I guess he could be both.

I have stated where I stand on this issue and wish that there would be a bipartisan solution.

Having said that, in your own words what does this legislation that they are proposing do? What does it take away?

That would explain why you have no understanding of health care.

Same questions go for you as well?

Nothing special to say here. I'm just rotflmao at the thought of Jimmy Kimmel "calling out" anyone other than another lame entertainer. Does the Jimmer wield a cache of political clout outside of a pant load of guffaws?

Republicans deserve every bit of criticism they are getting. They don't give a straw about helping anyone but their money backers. They want tax cuts, nothing more, nothing less. That an entertainer can so easily make the Republican Congress look like idiots is telling.

They are so into the tax cuts that they won't even hold hearings, allow debate or let the CBO score their evil bill. Oligarchy vs democracy

I have stated where I stand on this issue and wish that there would be a bipartisan solution.

Having said that, in your own words what does this legislation that they are proposing do? What does it take away?

Same questions go for you as well?

The issues are that the proposed legislation only says you get access to care and not care. Insurers could set premiums so high you can't afford them. And states can apply for waivers, meaning they can restrict coverage.

Uh, that was a batting practice pitch to you. If you think of deliveries and forceps in the same sentence, what might validate your previous claims?