Kimmell calls out Sen. Cassidy

Cugalabanza

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My intent was to open up for discussion.

Actually, your intent was to support Kimmel on something you don't understand, and then call Cassidy a dick.

I applaud Kimmell for this. It's a dick move from Cassidy.

I missed the part where you asked people to discuss this with you in hopes of getting a better understanding.

Actually, your intent was to support Kimmel on something you don't understand, and then call Cassidy a dick.

Ok, alright, I jumped to a conclusion a bit.

But, am I wrong. Is this new bill actually worth defending? Or is it just the expedient political play for right now, being pushed through as a hot rush, last ditch, under the wire hail mary pass?

But, am I wrong. Is this new bill actually worth defending? Or is it just the expedient political play for right now, being pushed through as a hot rush, last ditch, under the wire hail mary pass?

why is this bill worth attacking?

If you're going to be open for discussion first make sure you can acknowledge both sides of the argument and not just be a contratiast.

They'll have to pass it so that we can know what's in it.

From Ben Shapiro..........you know, the speaker that Berkley spent $600,000 to protect from it's 'students'

From the Daily Wire:

It’s absurd on a logical level: having a child with a heart condition doesn’t make you an expert on health care anymore than it makes you an expert on heart surgery.
I should know – as I’ve said before (and only in response to Kimmel’s invocation of his own son), my daughter received open heart surgery at a year-and-a-half old at CHLA, at the hands of the same magnificent doctor Kimmel used.

So by this logic, my opinion should be treated with precisely the same kind of moral weight Kimmel’s is. But I don’t think that the fact that my daughter had her heart fixed at CHLA is what grants me credibility to talk about health care. Reading health care law does. Studying health insurance schemes does.
Speaking with my wife, who works inside that health care system as a doctor (including at CHLA from time to time) and thus knows the system from the inside, does.

Anyway, we’d love to see Shapiro on with Kimmel and discuss all of this:

That article doesn't tell me enough to know if Kimmel's criticism of Cassidy is right or wrong. It just tells me he's upset.

It's unclear because of how complex the bill is and Kimmel made a lot of assumptions that could turn out to be true. He presented them as facts which was irresponsible imo. Here's an article fact checking Kimmel's comments.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/sep/20/fact-checking-jimmy-kimmels-reaction-graham-cassi/

Edited by Doc Brown

He presented them as facts which was irresponsible imo. Here's an article fact checking Kimmel's comments.

Too late. It's out there, so it's gospel.

Happens on Twitter all the time. Someone with a big megaphone tweets out something that is totally false, it gets half a million re-tweets, the person returns to say they were wrong, and the admission gets retweeted a dozen times.

Once it's out, it's out. And everyone who does this, knows this, but they do it anyway.

No one watching Kimmel is going to follow it up with an article from Politifact.

From Ben Shapiro..........you know, the speaker that Berkley spent $600,000 to protect from it's 'students'

From the Daily Wire:

It’s absurd on a logical level: having a child with a heart condition doesn’t make you an expert on health care anymore than it makes you an expert on heart surgery. I should know – as I’ve said before (and only in response to Kimmel’s invocation of his own son), my daughter received open heart surgery at a year-and-a-half old at CHLA, at the hands of the same magnificent doctor Kimmel used.

So by this logic, my opinion should be treated with precisely the same kind of moral weight Kimmel’s is. But I don’t think that the fact that my daughter had her heart fixed at CHLA is what grants me credibility to talk about health care. Reading health care law does. Studying health insurance schemes does. Speaking with my wife, who works inside that health care system as a doctor (including at CHLA from time to time) and thus knows the system from the inside, does.

Anyway, we’d love to see Shapiro on with Kimmel and discuss all of this:

I doubt that you actually would. It's Kimmel's show and he controls the narrative. The first sign that he is losing he'll crack a joke and his audience will start laughing and he'll act like he won. What I think we'd all like to see is a debate between the two of them moderated by a Brett Baier type.

I doubt that you actually would. It's Kimmel's show and he controls the narrative. The first sign that he is losing he'll crack a joke and his audience will start laughing and he'll act like he won. What I think we'd all like to see is a debate between the two of them moderated by a Brett Baier type.

What's funny is that particular scenario is just as unfair to Kimmel as it would be to Shapiro's appearing on Kimmel's show. All Kimmel could do would be to crack a few jokes and make a tearful appeal, while Shapiro would simply eviscerate him.

Happens on Twitter all the time. Someone with a big megaphone tweets out something that is totally false, it gets half a million re-tweets, the person returns to say they were wrong, and the admission gets retweeted a dozen times.

Once it's out, it's out. And everyone who does this, knows this, but they do it anyway.

No one watching Kimmel is going to follow it up with an article from Politifact.

A lie travels all the way around the world before the truth even gets it's pants on.

Roosevelt mastered radio. Kennedy/Reagan televison. Donald J. Trump Twitter.

According to Politico, Kimmell "has the better grasp of health policy"

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/20/jimmy-kimmel-bill-cassidy-obamacare-repeal-242932

experts say that Cassidy and Graham’s bill can't guarantee those protections and that Kimmel’s assessment was basically accurate because of the flexibility the bill gives states to set up their own health care systems. For example, health insurers could hike premiums for patients with pre-existing conditions if their states obtain waivers from Obamacare regulations — as Kimmel said.

Of course it does. It also thinks Bill Nye is a scientist.

Yeah, we all know which side your trench is dug on, but do you have anything to say about the content? Can you make a case that this new bill is any good or that it does, for example, guarantee coverage for pre-existing conditions?

Yeah, we all know which side your trench is dug on, but do you have anything to say about the content? Can you make a case that this new bill is any good or that it does, for example, guarantee coverage for pre-existing conditions?

Dolph lungren is more of a scientist than Bill Nye. Hell, Apollo Creed is too Edited by Boyst62

Admittedly I don't know all the details about the bill, which is why you don't see me debating it.

The idea of coming to decisive conclusions without knowing the facts, and then citing a partisan online marketing firm masking as journalism to argue that the guy on TV knows more than the guy who wrote the bill is something I leave to those not smart enough to discern for themselves.