• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fake Hollywood person attacks the GOP

Geez, that's worthy of note.

Is he right or is he wrong?

Also, it's worth noting that Kimmell was critical of Hillary Clinton too, rightly so...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/7/jimmy-kimmel-clintons-book-reading-about-titanic-w/

Edited by Cugalabanza

Also, it's worth noting that Kimmell was critical of Hillary Clinton too, rightly so...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/7/jimmy-kimmel-clintons-book-reading-about-titanic-w/

Children....

the process of making law is very messy and complicated, requires a lot of trial balloons and empty speeches and bloviating and pork and hopefully hammering out compromise that is suitable.

Thinking it is clean and logical and suits your 3-second attention span is laughable. All deliberative bodies look chaotic when they are doing business.

I like Jimmy. But, whether you like him or not, he's right on this point.

how?

Personal responsibility applies to many things in life and to raising children. A person with mental illness or debilitating disease is generally not going to have kids. A personal without the financial means to support a child should also consider the consequences, too

Life sucks sometimes but it is a gift. Kimmel has shifted his personal viewpoints so much in 25 years it's amazing. I've followed him that long. He has become a joke as much as Ann Coulter

Edited by Boyst62

Would you mind laying out Kimmell's exact charge v. the language used in the Bill proposed?

I ask only because Kimmell, when he laid his original charges some months ago, either lied or didn't know that any child suffering from his child's affliction would have been treated for it exactly as his child was regardless of their parent's ability to pay; so I'm not willing to take him at face on the issue.

So, if Kimmel was critical of Clinton that makes him right regarding this healthcare bill? The link in your OP proves nothing.

That article doesn't tell me enough to know if Kimmel's criticism of Cassidy is right or wrong. It just tells me he's upset.

Of course he's upset. And before he started the rant, he prefaced it with "I'm no expert on this" and then of course proceeded as if he were an expert on it.

No, I didn't say that. The fact that he's critical of players from both teams is merely evidence that he's not grinding an ideological axe. I thought that was clear.

OK, then show me in the article that you posted the specific areas in which this healthcare bill attempt is bad.

OK, then show me in the article that you posted the specific areas in which this healthcare bill attempt is bad.

True, that article does not include details about the actual plan. And I don't have the language of the plan. I'm relying on things I'm reading about it, from multiple sources. There seems to be agreement that this plan (like the other recent versions) will reduce the amount of people covered by millions and it disproportionally targets low income families and people with pre-existing conditions.

I apologize for not doing thorough research, providing links, etc... My intent was to open up for discussion.

I'm curious if anyone is willing to defend this plan on merit. Is it significantly different than other proposals that have been made? I understand that this plan aims to convert funding to states via grants and that's a new twist. Other than that, is there any reason to consider this as a real option for real people and anything other than a political play to nominally honor the "repeal Obamacare" promise that conservatives expect to be honored?

Edited by Cugalabanza