This Off-Season

Mopreme

I just dont understand why this is so hard for Donahue to figure out. This is what should be happening:

First off, Bills need to get Kareem McKenzie, tackle from the Jets to visit and sign the man. He is three yr starter and only 25, can play RT and move Mike Williams to LT. The dude is a 4th pick and making the most money on this team, about time he steps up, otherwise, they need to restructure his contract. It's a damn shame he is getting paid so much to play RT.

Then Bills need to sign Fred Smoot, CB from the Skins. I like McGee alot but his coverage skills are sometime not great. I think he'll excel as nickleback. Back to Smoot, I feel in case we can't get Clements resigned, Smoot can play and take over as #1. Similar to Clements, he's a ball hawk and will make plays.

Then Bills need to sign Marcus Bell, DT from the Lions to replace Pat Williams. He is a run stuffer with big body, will come cheap, nothing flashy but a good compliment to Sam Adams.

Then the Bills need to get another wide receiver, someone like David Terrell. With the Bills having one of the better receiver coaches, he can revive this guy's career. As a former #1 round pick, he's big and will make plays. Probably won't be expensive since everyone thinks he's a bust, will compete with Josh Reed for #3.

Finally, the Bills need to address the kicker position, either through the draft with Nugent from Ohio State or get someone like Jeff Reed from Pitt or Mike Vanderjagt from Indi. Lindell sucks!!!

Any thoughts.

I just dont understand why this is so hard for Donahue to figure out.  This is what should be happening:

First off, Bills need to get Kareem McKenzie, tackle from the Jets to visit and sign the man.  He is three yr starter and only 25, can play RT and move Mike Williams to LT.  The dude is a 4th pick and making the most money on this team, about time he steps up, otherwise, they need to restructure his contract. It's a damn shame he is getting paid so much to play RT.

Then Bills need to sign Fred Smoot, CB from the Skins.  I like McGee alot but his coverage skills are sometime not great.  I think he'll excel as nickleback.  Back to Smoot, I feel in case we can't get Clements resigned, Smoot can play and take over as #1.  Similar to Clements, he's a ball hawk and will make plays.

Then Bills need to sign Marcus Bell, DT from the Lions to replace Pat Williams.  He is a run stuffer with big body, will come cheap, nothing flashy but a good compliment to Sam Adams.

Then the Bills need to get another wide receiver, someone like David Terrell.  With the Bills having one of the better receiver coaches, he can revive this guy's career.  As a former #1 round pick, he's big and will make plays.  Probably won't be expensive since everyone thinks he's a bust, will compete with Josh Reed for #3.

Finally, the Bills need to address the kicker position, either through the draft with Nugent from Ohio State or get someone like Jeff Reed from Pitt or Mike Vanderjagt from Indi.  Lindell sucks!!!

Any thoughts.

262165[/snapback]

If we were playing Madden, with the salary cap off, your plan would be fantastic.

McKenzie should be the player the Bills go after, whether he ends up taking over LT or swapping with MW at RT.

Smoot would be a real luxury. He's a high ticket shiny candy-like button. We might be better off putting our cash somewhere else and drafting a CB.

I don't know much about Bell, but I don't feel entirely comfortable relying on what we have in the middle right now. With Sam Adams and Pat Williams, opponents BELIEVED that they wouldn't be able to run up the middle so they didn't bother to try it. That took several plays out of their book. Sometimes that belief is enough to throw a team's gameplan off. I don't think that they have that same belief anymore. We need a presence...hopefully Edwards steps up and performs.

Another WR would be great, but I don't particularly like Terrell. I'm thinking of a possession-type guy that will run across the field.

I'm OK with Lindell but am open minded about other options. Not sure I want a rookie though. Reed would work fine, but last I heard Pitt was well on its way to getting him back on board.

If we were playing Madden, with the salary cap off, your plan would be fantastic.

262207[/snapback]

:devil::ph34r::(:)

Guys, take a xanax - things will fall into place.

As dumb as you want to think TD is, we won't start this season with an empty hole at LT.

Deep Breath... it's friday... drinky...

:devil::ph34r::(:)

Guys, take a xanax - things will fall into place.

As dumb as you want to think TD is, we won't start this season with an empty hole at LT.

Deep Breath... it's friday... drinky...

262244[/snapback]

Yes... drinky... drinky. TDs got this one, I can finally take a day off.