Final Play--- drop or bad throw poll

Was the Final Play a drop or bad throw  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Was the final Play a drop or bad throw

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it could tell you also that they want the Rookie to continue development and not let his confidence get down. And dont care what happens with TT because in 2018 he wont be here

I would bet you any amount of money no one believes that in the Bills locker room. You might. But you often project your own form of madness onto other people and players and coaches.

That's what I got out of it. Numerous players and coaches spoke about it to some degree. All of them spoke about Jones, none of them about Taylor. That should tell you right there.

Really is that easy. Too many overthinkers trying to place blame on someone that they don't particularly care for as their qb.

I voted drop even though I didn't think he dropped it.

I thought he blew the pattern which caused him to have to dive for it, otherwise he walks in for an easy touchdown. That is a different concept than the two choices, IMO.

Maybe. If we assume he was in the right spot then it is 75% throw, 25% catch IMO. Did you notice his leg wobble a little bit as he made the cut? Could he have slipped just a little or planted funny?

There are a lot of fans, although I am not one of them, who think if a NFL WR gets two clean full hands on any ball, they should catch it no matter what, and Zay had both his hands on the ball.

I'm one of those guys who takes it into consideration when a receiver's body is contorted like Regan MacNeil in order to get his hands on the ball.

Donald Jones explained that Zay "flattened" the route to the sideline instead of "going high" to the back pylon. Zay goes high, we win. He should have gone high based on the position of the safety more to the middle of the field. Given that the whole team said Zay will learn from his mistake, I believe Donald Jones.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

There are a lot of fans, although I am not one of them, who think if a NFL WR gets two clean full hands on any ball, they should catch it no matter what, and Zay had both his hands on the ball.

I think it hits his fingers. Fully extended and twisting off his fingers isn't a drop.

Donald Jones explained that Zay "flattened" the route to the sideline instead of "going high" to the back pylon. Zay goes high, we win. He should have gone high based on the position of the safety more to the middle of the field. Given that the whole team said Zay will learn from his mistake, I believe Donald Jones.

The trip takes him off his route.

I'm one of those guys who takes it into consideration when a receiver's body is contorted like Regan MacNeil in order to get his hands on the ball.

Yep. I think all plays have to be taken individually. Like I didnt think Zay had to catch that ball because he got two mitts on it. It would have been a great catch but wasn't a "drop." I usually think if they get two hands on it they should catch it but not always. I thought the Clay pass in week one was a drop (as well as not a good pass).

Interesting. Thanks.