When Will Tyrod Be Benched?

Fadingpain

Never.

He may not be retained for 2018, that is up in the air now. He may miss games from injury. I doubt he will ever be benched, ESPECIALLY for Peterman. So all of you Nathan's Hotdogs should take some tranquilizers.

He's not getting benched until they have a bonafide upgrade in hand. Peterman completed 54% in the preseason against bubble players and cuts. Tyrod is mediocre and that's what they have to live with until they draft someone better.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long before Miller is benched? What about Mills? Cogs had a rough game this last week...let's go with him...

Taylor will only be benched week 16 at the earliest. My guess is he misses time with injury and before he comes back those that wanted him benched are super excited for him after we see Peterman in real games.

So you are basically voting "no benching". Noted.

Can't imagine Peterman's performance being any worse than Tyrod's.

I mean, if Peterman could come up with seven yards of total passing in the first half of his game, he'd be better than what Tyrod gave us on Sunday.

He's not getting benched until they have a bonafide upgrade in hand. Peterman completed 54% in the preseason against bubble players and cuts. Tyrod is mediocre and that's what they have to live with until they draft someone better.

"No benching."

Noted.

In all fairness, I intended for this to be a poll and created one...didn't seem to post so I did something wrong.

I just thought it would be interesting to get people's opinion on whether or not Tyrod would be benched, specifically.

Didn't really intend for it to be the 10,000 thread on Tyrod in general.

Something like this sounds about right to me. It could come in weeks 9 or 10 or something like that. Our record at that time will play a big role in the whole thing, of course.

...yup...somewhere in that time frame....the braintrusts should have a clear idea as to whether the kid fits in future plans.....many here who are far more astute than me have cited Dennison's "system (or lack thereof)" as not being a good fit for Taylor.....if Dennison is steadfast with his system, you have your answer.....if it is NOT the system but rather Taylor's ongoing struggles with processing the entire field in <5 seconds, Taylor goes and Dennison's system stays for Peterman and your 2018 draft choice.....bottom line is he MUST show significant improvement with this offense to be around in 2018........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

if they lose the cinn game and sit at 1-4 they will make a change. The fan base will be in full melt down at 1-4

if they best cinn it gets tricky , they probably lose the next 2 then they could win the two after that.

now you are 4-5 going into the charger game . If he makes it to 4-5 I think he gets benched for the last 4

losing to the chiefs and pats will finish off any in the hunt talk, and the season will be far enough along that the vets will be ok.

So there is some recent precedent for this organization benching its starting QB, and the fan base at this forum to be surprised when it happens.

Sounds about right. History is repeating itself as I type!

:lol:

In all fairness, I intended for this to be a poll and created one...didn't seem to post so I did something wrong.

I just thought it would be interesting to get people's opinion on whether or not Tyrod would be benched, specifically.

Didn't really intend for it to be the 10,000 thread on Tyrod in general.

Something like this sounds about right to me. It could come in weeks 9 or 10 or something like that. Our record at that time will play a big role in the whole thing, of course.

I expected a poll, and that's an interesting thought for a thread. I'd have no idea how to do a poll myself.... No biggie.

If we want to talk Fair.

It really is not Fair for Jordan Matthews to have to deal with a weak offense and AVG at best QB in his contract year.

You mean the Jordan Matthews who likes Tyrod and thinks it's unfair to criticize him for this play?

If Jordan Matthews didn't wanna be traded to a team with a bad QB, he shouldn't have been a JAG. That's on him for being trash.

Edited by jmc12290