Why no mention of what a CLASS ACT

Man, I'm going to miss this guy, and all you people can do is talk about a replacement.

Cant we get a day or two to grieve the loss of such a classy individual from our team? I, for one, will not forget Jonas, and his selfless play - but it seems some here are content just letting him go, forgetting about him. It's sad really. I mean, the guy was so damn classy. He might be way overvalued right now, be asking for too much money, and be leaving Buffalo to find better weather and more money on a losing franchise, but the guy had CLASS. And that should mean something, damnit.

:devil:

Why is he classy now that he is gone?

Was he classy when he played here? Don't remember reading that here before. Not sure why people treat ex-Bills like deities.

Not saying he isn't classy. Just curious why so many here pull out the steel-reinforced knee pads everytime another piece of laundry heads to another city.

Just curious why so many here pull out the steel-reinforced knee pads everytime another piece of laundry heads to another city.

262147[/snapback]

I think steve forgot to hit the <sarcasm> button. :devil:

Jonas has never been classy, unless you call salivating and saying "I'd LOOOOOOVE to play for the Atlanta Falcons" while he's still under contract w/ the Bills for another two years a classy move.

I think steve forgot to hit the <sarcasm> button.  :devil:

Jonas has never been classy, unless you call salivating and saying "I'd LOOOOOOVE to play for the Atlanta Falcons" while he's still under contract w/ the Bills for another two years a classy move.

262173[/snapback]

I sure as hell wouldn't cash in when I was a hot commodity and some one was willing to overpay for me. I mean... f**k my family.

It just didn’t work out for JJ and us. Wish him well… who cares about SF. We’ll put together a line.

262173[/snapback]

You are correct. He wanted to hang out with the Peerless Faucet in Atlanta. Good thing for Jonas Salk Jennings that the Debartolo Crime Family ponied up a nice amount of cash.

:ph34r:

I sure as hell wouldn't cash in when I was a hot commodity and some one was willing to overpay for me. I mean... f**k my family.

It just didn’t work out for JJ and us. Wish him well… who cares about SF. We’ll put together a line.

262181[/snapback]

I certainly don't blame him for taking the cash (The 49ers version of 'A fool and his money are soon parted'). But "class" means shutting your pie hole and biding your time when you've made a commitment, and then being gracious that someone gave you hundreds of thousands of dollars to play football straight out of college. So far, he hasn't really run off his mouth about how much the Bills are sucky losers, but I give him until tomorrow's first bulldog edition of the SF Chronicle.

Figures he'd go to SF, too. Did anyone read his parting words in the News? "I'm going to let my star shine somewhere else"? Who, outside of Broadway, talks that way? Not that there's anything wrong with that. :devil::ph34r:

Have a nice life, Jonas.

262173[/snapback]

While he did say he'd love to play for Atlanta I liked his quote from an article yesterday on nfl.com: "I couldn't pass up the chance of playing for a team like the 49ers that has the history and some of the great players and all of the Super Bowls they have done in the past," Jennings said. "Growing up (in Atlanta), ironically, they were my favorite team."

He just covers all the bases doesn't he? Once again folks - it's a business. While we bleed red and blue 365 days a year to the majority of the players it's just a job.

BTW, here's the link to the Jonas article:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/SF/8249146

Man, I'm going to miss this guy, and all you people can do is talk about a replacement.

Cant we get a day or two to grieve the loss of such a classy individual from our team? I, for one, will not forget Jonas, and his selfless play - but it seems some here are content just letting him go, forgetting about him. It's sad really. I mean, the guy was so damn classy. He might be way overvalued right now, be asking for too much money, and be leaving Buffalo to find better weather and more money on a losing franchise, but the guy had CLASS. And that should mean something, damnit.

:devil:

262141[/snapback]

Do you also still miss John Fina?

Another guy with CLASS.

What the %^#! are you talking about, Classy??? Their I got my name on the board today and ran my post total up. I can not wait to get to 2,000 posts.

I still remember the game where MW went down and wasn't moving. You could see the fear in JJ's face as he did a few run through's on the field to keep his mind focused. After MW got up, JJ went up to the stands and started waving his arms to fire the crowd up. I will miss him.

B-)

262141[/snapback]

The guy actually owes the Bills for this. The guy was drafted as a Guard

and played his first year as a guard and a bit of center, before they switched

him and Teague places. If the guy went out as a FA Guard/Center he does

not even get 1/2 the money he got yesterday.

Good lukc to him with SF, but I am not mourning his departure.

I thought that Jennings was a very good player when on the field. He was quite visible in the community and always spoke his mind and didn't give you player speak. He's also a pretty funny/ witty guy for a big ole tackle... I'll miss him but agreed with most that the price was not right to retain him.