What would you trade for Smith?

ColdFront_USAF

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Smith has been playing well for KC, but they have his replacement already on the roster. What would you give up to obtain him, or would you not bother and plan on drafting one next year?

I would think Dareus and a 2nd day pick could be enough to grab him, but would it be worth it long term?

I would not give a 7th

I think the better plan would be to draft our own franchise QB next year and have him compete with Peterman for the starting job in 2018.

But if Alex Smith was a fallback option he's proved that at minimum he can be the ultimate game manager QB and is everything Taylor isn't in terms of actually being able to throw the ball with precision and accuracy, and even make plays with his legs.

Don't see anybody stupid enough to take Dareus contract though especially Andy Reid and John Dorsey who are among the top HC/GM combos in the league, if not the best right now.

Uh they fired Dorsey.

Uh they fired Dorsey.

And Reid is the exact kind of GM that would take on Dareus's contract. When Dorsey left you should have just hit a timer because it is only a matter of time until they are in cap hell. The only question is whether he can get a super bowl in before.

The Queefs look pretty solid so far.

A team that isn't one of the worst in the NFL, who hopes Dareus will buy into their "culture."

His contract makes him very untradeable. But don't kid yourself. He will find a new team very quickly if we cut him. He is a very talented football player.

CB, I am not saying that no team would pick up Marcel for a fraction of his ridiculous contract. I am saying that no team would trade a good quarterback for Dareus, his contract, and his issues. Nobody would be that dumb.

Edited by Bill from NYC