What would you trade for Smith?

ColdFront_USAF

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Smith has been playing well for KC, but they have his replacement already on the roster. What would you give up to obtain him, or would you not bother and plan on drafting one next year?

I would think Dareus and a 2nd day pick could be enough to grab him, but would it be worth it long term?

Draft one.

But Smith isnt being dealt this year anywhere.

I fully expect him to be one Jax next year

Alex Smith has been playing well for KC, but they have his replacement already on the roster. What would you give up to obtain him, or would you not bother and plan on drafting one next year?

I would think Dareus and a 2nd day pick could be enough to grab him, but would it be worth it long term?

Two questions. Why in the world would KC entertain trading him when the team is likely headed back to the playoffs again after the season? Why would the Bills want a 34 year old QB with so much work to be done to rebuild the roster?

Nothing.

I want the NUMBER ONE QB on Brandon Beane's board.

That's the mission and the goal this year. Everything else is irrelevant.

Want this crap to end once and for all? Get a franchise guy under center here next year and upgrade the line.

This defense is ready now to win. Missing piece is QB and RT.

Nothing.

I want the NUMBER ONE QB on Brandon Beane's board.

That's the mission and the goal this year. Everything else is irrelevant.

Want this crap to end once and for all? Get a franchise guy under center here next year and upgrade the line.

This defense is ready now to win. Missing piece is QB and RT.

What if we don't get the #1 pick though?

Draft one.

But Smith isnt being dealt this year anywhere.

I fully expect him to be one Jax next year

Agreed. Almost makes too much sense.

Since the Bills attempted to trade for Smith previously ( back in 2013?) and the price then was a third and a fifth it sounds like a 3rd or 4th should do it. Debate the merits of an AS vs drafting an unknown with (multiple?) high picks if you will. That would strike me as about what his value is currently.

Two questions. Why in the world would KC entertain trading him when the team is likely headed back to the playoffs again after the season? Why would the Bills want a 34 year old QB with so much work to be done to rebuild the roster?

It's been announced/speculated that he will be on the trading block by the end of the season. Personally, I would rather take a qb in the draft, but I was wondering what other fans thought of getting someone that would make us relevant instantly. I would still prefer to have our drafted qb sit for a year, and Smith could keep us competitive while that happens.

https://deadseriousness.com/apparently-kansas-city-chiefs-placed-alex-smith-trading-block/

Here's a link citing bleacher report among others. If he could be had for cheap I think it would be a decent option to let our new qb learn while not sacrificing another year completely. He would be better in our system than TT as it fits his strengths more. He would basically be doing what he's doing now, being an effective bridge qb that could still take us to the playoffs with this current defense.

Edited by ColdFront_USAF

You could trade for him.

At end of year has 1 year 17M non guaranteed left on contract (Might need to redo it to get him to come maybe make it two years and give some guarantees)

And still draft your rookie QB.

Seems not the smartest move because you likely will already tie alot of draft assets into your new rookie (thinking gonna have to trade up) to give more Draft assets in the QB position for a 34 year old QB you hope your rookie likey beats out doesnt seem smart use of draft capital.

26 your ridiculous pattern of responding to outlandish posts with resolute and reasoned questions that have answers so obvious they are almost rhetorical points... is .... appreciated

26 your ridiculous pattern of responding to outlandish posts with resolute and reasoned questions that have answers so obvious they are almost rhetorical points... is .... appreciated

I'm not sure what's outlandish about asking for opinions on a potential roster move that probably won't happen. Thought it would be a good change of pace instead of the standard "Tyrod sucks" or "Fire our front office after 2 games" posts. But !@#$ me for asking questions on a message board.

I'm not sure what's outlandish about asking for opinions on a potential roster move that probably won't happen. Thought it would be a good change of pace instead of the standard "Tyrod sucks" or "Fire our front office after 2 games" posts. But !@#$ me for asking questions on a message board.

Your good. Dont let certain folks take their shots.

Sorry no ill will. It's just not rational that the Cheifs would to to trade Alex, nor would he be a good aquisition target for the Bills in their current state.

Your good. Dont let certain folks take their shots.

I prefer tequila 😉