Sammy watch

dave mcbride

So why is that other great receivers who actually have been more of a threat than Sammy are consistently able to get production? Opposing teams don't make these adjustments to take them out? Why is it that this reasoning applies for Sammy but not all the other good receivers?

That's where this argument that you pose comes apart.

We are only a quarter way into the season, and there is plenty of time for Sammy to turn around his 850 yards 55 catches for the season pace that he is on right now.

The good WR's in this league are in the 70-90 receptions 1000-1200 yards

The elite WR's are in the 80-100 receptions 1200 to 1450 yards

At some point, the production will have to be on par with the elites to justify the money he was looking for. If he doesn't get those elite numbers then there is virtually very little basis for the money he believes he's worth.

Four games in. We'll see where he stands at season's end with his numbers.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Four games in. We'll see where he stands at season's end with his numbers.

I can't argue that. Goff seems to be legit and they are just getting to get comfortable with one another.

I believe there is probably a decent chance he still could be around that 1100 yards 70 catches by the end of the season.

Pierre Garcon played for Sean Mcvay in Washington and never went home with just one catch. From looking at his past two years, he had atleast 3 catches in all but 3 of the 32 games he played in, never one catch.

At some point you have to think they don't trust him enough to give him those targets. They see him in practice, they know what he can do. Still very early in the season though. It's possible they're easing him back in after the concussion protocol.

Watkins can dictate coverage from the opposing team when he's on the field that creates opportunities for teammates. Is that lost on you? There will be adjustments by opponents with the Rams making corresponding adjustments.

Simple minds. You ask them to grasp more than one concept at a time, they can't handle it.

You'd have to think the Cowboys game planned to take him away which could have contributed to Gurley having so much success underneath.

this is your take?

Yet, how did any Bills do? Two catches? 3 catches? And you insist we would have been better just having him here?

That's why you are best sticking to just linking. That take is just off

Simple minds. You ask them to grasp more than one concept at a time, they can't handle it.

rubbish. If Watkins was here the only take would be that he wasn't targeted. Taylor can't get him the ball. It's all Taylor. Sammy is a saint.

Seriously, no one wonders why we miss that coke head? Not one player misses him. Why do the fans?

Edited by Boyst62

this is your take?

Yet, how did any Bills do? Two catches? 3 catches? And you insist we would have been better just having him here?

rubbish. If Watkins was here the only take would be that he wasn't targeted. Taylor can't get him the ball. It's all Taylor. Sammy is a saint.

Seriously, no one wonders why we miss that coke head? Not one player misses him. Why do the fans?

Coke head? :lol:

this is your take?

Coke head. That's quite the statement lol

Coke head. That's quite the statement lol

that more isn't said about the known private lives of players is amazing

I don't want to go too far with it but that would explain the peaks and valleys of his production!

nothing I've ever heard would make me believe it has been a professional issue. Only personal

that more isn't said about the known private lives of players is amazing nothing I've ever heard would make me believe it has been a professional issue. Only personal

There have been a lot of coke heads that produced at an extremely high level on the Bills in the past. Many of our favorites. Many. ;)

Too bad Sammy didnt produce on an extremely high level though.

but he get that 💰💰💰💰 and keeps it 💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯 so he fresh. He ain't bout us lil people and our little jobs. 💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

I think what they say really is true.....the player you lose in free agency means more to you then whatever team that picks them up

That is why biulding through the draft is so important

Depends on the money. I have no doubt he was looking for $12M+/year but he hasn't shown to be worth anywhere near that amount. I doubt the Rams re-sign/tag him.

Depends on the money. I have no doubt he was looking for $12M+/year but he hasn't shown to be worth anywhere near that amount. I doubt the Rams re-sign/tag him.

$12M+ ??

Yeah right!

He would have been looking for $15M+

Might be best for him in the long run. Coke is probably very expensive in L.A.