What's this paper thingy?

Postal service appears to have joined the list of habits abandoned by millennials, including paying by check and answering the doorbell, a device that a majority in a recent Twitter poll agreed was “scary weird.”

:bag:

I think somebody's rang my doorbell twice since I last moved (over a year ago). One was a bum at 3:00am in the middle of a snowstorm looking for shelter and the other was a cop doing a background investigation on one of my neighbors.

Postal service appears to have joined the list of habits abandoned by millennials, including paying by check and answering the doorbell, a device that a majority in a recent Twitter poll agreed was scary weird.

:bag:

I have never in my life bought a stamp. When I need something mailed I take it to the post office and use that or have a prestamped envelope. Stamps are lame

I haven't had checks in my name since 2008. It took me 4 years to use 30 I got for free. If I need a check I give my mom money and she writes the check.

I never check my mailbox daily. I check it once a week at most and have several times just simply thrown it all away without looking when it looks like junk mail.

I have left the house a bunch of times recently without my wallet to shop or get food. I drive there and only have my phone using Galaxy pay.

I disconnected my doorbell 6 yrs ago. It was never used but when it was it was annoying.

Old people are missing out

Edited by Boyst62

I have never in my life bought a stamp. When I need something mailed I take it to the post office and use that or have a prestamped envelope. Stamps are lame

I haven't had checks in my name since 2008. It took me 4 years to use 30 I got for free. If I need a check I give my mom money and she writes the check.

I never check my mailbox daily. I check it once a week at most and have several times just simply thrown it all away without looking when it looks like junk mail.

I have left the house a bunch of times recently without my wallet to shop or get food. I drive there and only have my phone using Galaxy pay.

I disconnected my doorbell 6 yrs ago. It was never used but when it was it was annoying.

I haven't bought stamps except to send Christmas cards to family in years. I pay all my bills electronically, but will occasionally send someone a thank you note. I don't even have a doorbell.

The point of my post was how wussified someone has to be to consider a doorbell to be "scary weird".

I haven't bought stamps except to send Christmas cards to family in years. I pay all my bills electronically, but will occasionally send someone a thank you note. I don't even have a doorbell.

The point of my post was how wussified someone has to be to consider a doorbell to be "scary weird".

i forget my password to every log in every time i use it.

Will there be therapy dogs available if somebody gets a paper cut?

Only hypoallergenic certified therapy canine-americans ('dog' being a culturally appropriated racist term) will be provided at the hate-free safe space in case of an unprovoked attack by a white sheet of paper.

Look above! Enlightenment is non-attachment. That's so cool!

Snowflakes... Does Mommy call you in at work when you are sick with a tummy ache?

I mean dude, you're almost 40 and Mommy still writes checks for you. That ain't cool in the least bit, no matter how much you think it is cool.

Have some shame man! Way too many participation awards & too much self-esteem have been passed out to you Millennials.

God I hope you are joking. Such a rugged guy, so not independent.

For the record... I haven't wrote a check in years and a couple decades ago, installed a single pole switch to turn doorbell on and off. I work midnights and and sleep during the better part of the day. Like going doorbelless is a new revelation with you Millennials.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Doorbells? What ever happened to banging on the door with the side of your fist? Works every time.

Absolutely! :lol:

But this isn't such a new phenomena. I recall decades ago, an old chum who had lived in NYC for a few years came back to visit in bucolic Roch-cha-cha. One night a group of mutual friends came over, rang the doorbell and came in. My friend asked me, "Does that happen often?" I asked back, what do you mean - people come over and drop in unannounced and it's okay? Friend said, "that never happens in the city. You don't do that. You call first."

Absolutely! :lol:

But this isn't such a new phenomena. I recall decades ago, an old chum who had lived in NYC for a few years came back to visit in bucolic Roch-cha-cha. One night a group of mutual friends came over, rang the doorbell and came in. My friend asked me, "Does that happen often?" I asked back, what do you mean - people come over and drop in unannounced and it's okay? Friend said, "that never happens in the city. You don't do that. You call first."

It could be like my mother's cousin's wife. If she would come by unannounced, her husband (my mother's cousin) would sit in the car and not come in. Would not interact one bit.

I mean I guess she was passing by and would decide to stop in. Of course, nobody had cell phones. The weird part is, the husband was driving!

Kids would pile outta car, everybody would have a grand time!

LoL... WTF. Times when men were men and even weirder... Old-school style. /shaking my head

It could be like my mother's cousin's wife. If she would come by unannounced, her husband (my mother's cousin) would sit in the car and not come in. Would not interact one bit.

I mean I guess she was passing by and would decide to stop in. Of course, nobody had cell phones. The weird part is, the husband was driving!

Kids would pile outta car, everybody would have a grand time!

LoL... WTF. Times when men were men and even weirder... Old-school style. /shaking my head

So, this guy was really strange because he didn't want to be around you? Maybe he was just concerned that stupidity might be contagious, eh?