Out of 30

4merper4mer

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, the NFL airs non-stop "RAMS - 49ERS Next Thursday Night!" commercials.

The Bengals are terrible. Mike Brown cheaping out has finally caught up, I don't see how they overcome the loss of Whitworth and Zeitler.

Honestly I've been down on the Bills all off-season and still tend to believe the lack of playmakers outside of Shady will do us in, but man, if the QB play around the league wasn't bad enough, some of these offensive lines are incredibly terrible. The Texans / Bengals / Giants / Seahawks / Colts / Jets have all time bad olines. I think we are beginning to see a dramatic shift in the NFL game, one not many would have predicted just a few years ago, but with a "golden" generation of QBs aging out of the game and the difference in quality of play between offensive and defensive lines, I could see elite offensive lines become the "elite must have QBs" of the future, if you have an offensive line that can blow people off the ball, a RB who can make things happen and a QB who doesn't trip over his own feet you are miles ahead of the offense the Texans and Bengals just showed.

I don't think there are many teams worse than the Bengals. They are bad.

Houston I think still have a legit defense but tonight their offense was a rookie QB making his first start on the road on a short week, 3 receivers, a single tight end off the practice squad and an offensive line still missing by far its best player. Their offense will get better as they go and they will be a game either side of .500 again.

Do they finish behind Cleveland in their division this year?

Considered by whom?

Houston, for years, had an offense that consisted of Arian Foster with enough throws from whatever QB was standing behind center to keep the D honest.

They've had a record of 9-7 for the last 3 years and have gone to playoffs 2 of those 3 years because they play in (what has been) a weak division, enabling Bill O'Brien's head to swell to approximately the size of the 1900 lb pumpkin with which 74 year old Hiram Watson of New Hampshire won the annual Topsfield fair as O'Brien contemplates his awesome feat of achieving playoffs with Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, and Brock Osweiler at QB and the last 2 years "no one you know" at RB. I agree, it's an impressive use of smoke and mirrors on offense, but it has to catch up with him sometime and it looks as though this year may be it. JJ Watt can not play all 11 positions on offense, more's the pity for him. But did we really expect something else with Savage slated to start behind center?

The Bengals, on the other hand. Ah yes, the Bengals, 5 straight years of beautiful playoff bound Januaries culminating the annual WC loss, capped with in a 12-4 record (and another WC loss) in 2015. AJ McCarron at QB, they said, if it had been Dalton, it would be Different. Then last year, 6-9-1. Different OK, but going the wrong way. An anomoly, or a sign that they moved away from their strength on D? Overall, I'd say losing talent at LB and secondary and not replacing it. Maualuga was one hell of a player. Offense fell off somewhat too, although I think we all say we'd be happy with 4,200 yds passing and 18 TD/8 INTs from our QB. I think they missed Tyler Eifert's 13 TDs from 2015 and so far this year, *crickets*. One wonders if he's just not himself after the pro bowl injury and last year's back. Or if the RT is a problem for them. Diagnosis: 6 wins not an anomaly. For whatever reason, the Bengals are likely a bad team.

So no, I didn't consider either team average to above. But maybe that's just me.

My point is that preseason power rankings.....admittedly not a perfect source......had neither of these teams anywhere near the bottom. If there are 8-10 teams worse than that , then the NFL has a gigantic problem. That game did not look like a professional sport.

Edited by 4merper4mer

My point is that preseason power rankings.....admittedly not a perfect source......had neither of these teams anywhere near the bottom. If there are 8-10 teams worse than that , then the NFL has a gigantic problem. That game did not look like a professional sport.

And there's the excuse for when the Bills finally make the playoffs this year. "Well it was a down year across the NFL."

And there's the excuse for when the Bills finally make the playoffs this year. "Well it was a down year across the NFL."

That's not the point at all. It really has nothing to do with the Bills about whom I am optimistic. It has to do with what appears to me to be a bad overall product the NFL is currently offering its clientele.

That's not the point at all. It really has nothing to do with the Bills about whom I am optimistic. It has to do with what appears to me to be a bad overall product the NFL is currently offering its clientele.

I know, just saying some people will spin it that way. It's the same negative explanation for the Bills Super Bowl run.

Out of the 30 other teams in the NFL how many teams are as bad or worse than the Texans and Bengals? Tonight's game was an unquestionable disgrace. Preseason both these teams were considered average to above average. OMFG.

The Indians are so hot they might have been able to crossover sports and win this game. The NFL has a problem.

Got home after a tough day at the rat race.\

Watched 3 offensive series and told myself "I can't even pretend to care about this."

Defensively, both teams are pretty good, at least up front. Most of Houston's offensive woes can be attributed to the lack of a good and experience QB. Maybe later in the season Desean Watson will start to help out the offense more, but his "rookieness" really shows at times. Cincinnati really should be a lot better than they have shown thus far this season. I'm wondering if it is the offensive coordinator who is holding them back.

When you're the first team since 1939 to finish your first 2 games without a TD, there's plenty of blame to go around, but the OC is right at the top.

Hasn't happened in almost 80 years...that's all-time bad, especially with today's passing friendly league.

When you're the first team since 1939 to finish your first 2 games without a TD, there's plenty of blame to go around, but the OC is right at the top.

Hasn't happened in almost 80 years...that's all-time bad, especially with today's passing friendly league.

First team whose first two home games did not have a TD, and I did think the play calling was really bad