Out of 30

4merper4mer

Out of the 30 other teams in the NFL how many teams are as bad or worse than the Texans and Bengals? Tonight's game was an unquestionable disgrace. Preseason both these teams were considered average to above average. OMFG.

The Indians are so hot they might have been able to crossover sports and win this game. The NFL has a problem.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I don't think there are many teams worse than the Bengals. They are bad.

Houston I think still have a legit defense but tonight their offense was a rookie QB making his first start on the road on a short week, 3 receivers, a single tight end off the practice squad and an offensive line still missing by far its best player. Their offense will get better as they go and they will be a game either side of .500 again.

Defensively, both teams are pretty good, at least up front. Most of Houston's offensive woes can be attributed to the lack of a good and experience QB. Maybe later in the season Desean Watson will start to help out the offense more, but his "rookieness" really shows at times. Cincinnati really should be a lot better than they have shown thus far this season. I'm wondering if it is the offensive coordinator who is holding them back.

I don't think there are many teams worse than the Bengals. They are bad.

Houston I think still have a legit defense but tonight their offense was a rookie QB making his first start on the road on a short week, 3 receivers, a single tight end off the practice squad and an offensive line still missing by far its best player. Their offense will get better as they go and they will be a game either side of .500 again.

The league should suspend both of these teams for two games for that. I have some theories on why the NFL product sucks so much right now but even if my theories are wrong the product still sucks. The only reason to watch that was to make sure it was actually happening.

The league should suspend both of these teams for two games for that. I have some theories on why the NFL product sucks so much right now but even if my theories are wrong the product still sucks. The only reason to watch that was to make sure it was actually happening.

Ok, don't put the tip in only to pull it out. What are your theories?

Ok, don't put the tip in only to pull it out. What are your theories?

I will get into that but it's too late tonight. In general in starts with the rules favoring passing, protecting the QB to an extreme extent, protecting perceived superstar QBs to a ridiculous extent and general copycatting that goes on in any sport being more pronounced in football.

I will get into that but it's too late tonight. In general in starts with the rules favoring passing, protecting the QB to an extreme extent, protecting perceived superstar QBs to a ridiculous extent and general copycatting that goes on in any sport being more pronounced in football.

Meh, thought you had some entertaining conspiracy theories or something, but either way I will look forward to your post(s) in the coming days... have a good night brother

Watching the game on DVR right now; 7:09 left in 3rd quarter...

Score 10-6 Houston.

I have come to expect crappy games on Thursday night so this is par for the course.

Andy Dalton always seems to promise more than he actually is or is capable of delivering.

Marvin Lewis reached the high water mark of his career a few years ago; he needs to be replaced if the Bengals are going to be more than they are.

Out of the 30 other teams in the NFL how many teams are as bad or worse than the Texans and Bengals? Tonight's game was an unquestionable disgrace. Preseason both these teams were considered average to above average. OMFG.

The Indians are so hot they might have been able to crossover sports and win this game. The NFL has a problem.

Considered by whom?

Houston, for years, had an offense that consisted of Arian Foster with enough throws from whatever QB was standing behind center to keep the D honest.

They've had a record of 9-7 for the last 3 years and have gone to playoffs 2 of those 3 years because they play in (what has been) a weak division, enabling Bill O'Brien's head to swell to approximately the size of the 1900 lb pumpkin with which 74 year old Hiram Watson of New Hampshire won the annual Topsfield fair as O'Brien contemplates his awesome feat of achieving playoffs with Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, and Brock Osweiler at QB and the last 2 years "no one you know" at RB. I agree, it's an impressive use of smoke and mirrors on offense, but it has to catch up with him sometime and it looks as though this year may be it. JJ Watt can not play all 11 positions on offense, more's the pity for him. But did we really expect something else with Savage slated to start behind center?

The Bengals, on the other hand. Ah yes, the Bengals, 5 straight years of beautiful playoff bound Januaries culminating the annual WC loss, capped with in a 12-4 record (and another WC loss) in 2015. AJ McCarron at QB, they said, if it had been Dalton, it would be Different. Then last year, 6-9-1. Different OK, but going the wrong way. An anomoly, or a sign that they moved away from their strength on D? Overall, I'd say losing talent at LB and secondary and not replacing it. Maualuga was one hell of a player. Offense fell off somewhat too, although I think we all say we'd be happy with 4,200 yds passing and 18 TD/8 INTs from our QB. I think they missed Tyler Eifert's 13 TDs from 2015 and so far this year, *crickets*. One wonders if he's just not himself after the pro bowl injury and last year's back. Or if the RT is a problem for them. Diagnosis: 6 wins not an anomaly. For whatever reason, the Bengals are likely a bad team.

So no, I didn't consider either team average to above. But maybe that's just me.

Look back in NFL history. There have always been bad teams. While parity is ideal for ratings, a few bad teams won't kill the NFL.

And as a Bills fan, I say the more the merrier.

Edited by hondo in seattle

They really need to stop Thursday night games. The teams don't have enough time to either recover from the week before or game plan for Thursday. This experiment needed to stop a couple of years ago when the NFL Network used to roll out the worst play by play announcing team in the history of television! I can't believe the Owners and the Players haven't said enough already.

They really need to stop Thursday night games. The teams don't have enough time to either recover from the week before or game plan for Thursday. This experiment needed to stop a couple of years ago when the NFL Network used to roll out the worst play by play announcing team in the history of television! I can't believe the Owners and the Players haven't said enough already.

Totally agree. Players need more than 4 days in between games to recover in today's NFL. Thursday night games have become what the Toronto series became. Time to put them to bed.

What's the fascination with starting a thread on just random thoughts? Is it to watch it grow, like a child. At least 4mer contributes to other threads that he doesn't start, so that's good I guess.

Smh

Edited by r00tabaga

Cincy was BRUTAL and Watson looked horrible. Never went past his 1st read

CBF