Grateful Dead Movie on WXXI right now

BRH

Sorry, I mis-spoke when I called them "partial bar chords". I meant to call them "small chord voicings"

And you are the type who likes to read guitar mags, but you can't play your way out of a paper bag.

People like you grow tired of your own playing and turn to "jazz" because you think it is cool and nobody but other jazz "musicians" can actually appreciate that souless, droning crap.

If someone says they don't like jazz, you get all snobby and write them off as "not having an ear for it".

Well I don't like jazz.

I say Stanley Jordan on TV a few years back and heard him do Stairway to Heaven. I ran out and bought the Stolen Moments cassette. Well, I quicky learned that his Stairway to Heaven ws a divation from his usual "work" (souless, droning jazz crap). I got some scotch tape and taped a tab on that little hole and erased the rest of the tape.

You want to hear some real music...Where I guy knows how to EXPRESS himself with a GD guitar? Pick up some Magic Slim, Some Tinsley Ellis, Roy Buchannan, Alvert King,Indigenous

264522[/snapback]

I don't read a single guitar mag, but thanks for your concern. If ,again, you were capable with reading comprehension you would see that I have absolutely no qualms with anyone's opinion re : Jazz or any other type of music. You simply lumped these two acts into your own nice little stereotypical category in your head. And then you went beyond that and tried to back up your opinion with musical falsities and assumptions, which can be argued objectively, no opinion involved. You simply don't MUSICALLY know what you're talking about in that rant you began with. Personally, I don't enjoy "Straight ahead" jazz and much more enjoy a rock based environment with a fusion of jazz, blues, funk, and even blue grass. But that's me... If you really care I have been playing for 23 years and have covered the spectrum from Slayer and Metallica to Clapton, Santana, Paul Simon, John Lee Hooker, Genesis, Chet Atkins, DJ Logic, John Scofield, Muddy Waters, BB King, Herbie Hancock, Yes, Zeppelin, Alicia Keyes, AcDc, Robert Cray, Tori Amos, Bruce Cockburn, Mark Knopfler, DMX, David Gilmore, and many others as my influences (not much Soul there ;) ). I have plenty of recorded Studio and live material available that I'm sure you'd love to tear apart. Just say the word... There is no "some real music".. That's half the point here now isn't it?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't read a single guitar mag, but thanks for your concern. If ,again, you were capable with reading comprehension you would see that I have absolutely no qualms with anyone's opinion re : Jazz or any other type of music. You simply lumped these two acts into your own nice little stereotypical category in your head. And then you went beyond that and tried to back up your opinion with musical falsities and assumptions, which can be argued objectively, no opinion involved. You simply don't MUSICALLY know what you're talking about in that rant you began with.  Personally, I don't enjoy "Straight ahead" jazz and much more enjoy a rock based environment with a fusion of jazz, blues, funk, and even blue grass. But that's me... If you really care I have been playing for 23 years and have covered the spectrum from Slayer and Metallica to Clapton, Santana, Paul Simon, John Lee Hooker, Genesis, Chet Atkins, DJ Logic,  John Scofield, Muddy Waters, BB King, Herbie Hancock, Yes, Zeppelin, Alicia Keyes, AcDc, Robert Cray,  Tori Amos, Bruce Cockburn, Mark Knopfler, DMX,  David Gilmore, and many others as my influences (not much Soul there  :o ). I have plenty of recorded Studio and live material available that I'm sure you'd love to tear apart. Just say the word... There is no "some real music".. That's half the point here now isn't it?

264600[/snapback]

Well, let me tell you something, pal...

I was just baiting you. I was talking out of my butt and you called me out on it. I have been playing (with a) guitar for 30 years, but I don't ave the skill or knowledge to ever leave the garage. I can't even read music.

I wasnt kidding about the Dead though I just don't "get" it.

Well, let me tell you something, pal...

I was just baiting you. I was talking out of my butt and you called me out on it. I have been playing (with a) guitar for 30 years, but I don't ave the skill or knowledge to ever leave the garage. I can't even read music.

I wasnt kidding about the Dead though  I just don't "get" it.

265085[/snapback]

;):(:( Others knew better :o I guess I get sucked in a lot easier when it comes to music ;)

BTW, that's cool if you don't "get it".

"I lake big boned women....."

I hate to burst your bubble, but do those women with the big "bones" also have big feet and adams apples?

264524[/snapback]

The bigger the feet the better. No adams apples though. But what if I did? You going to call me out? It's my personal preference.

The point is you guys are bantering about tastes in music.

Give it up.

The bigger the feet the better. No adams apples though.  But what if I did?  You going to call me out?  It's my personal preference.

The point is you guys are bantering about tastes in music.

Give it up.

265215[/snapback]

A test about "girls" wth big feet and adams apples

http://www.eclecticwebs.com/funfile/RawStuff/HeShe/