Kreator in concert.

Shamrock

Don't know either band. Not to sound like a cranky old man (which I am) but isn't thrash metal just turning everything to 11 and playing fast and horsely screaming until it sounds like a wall of sludge?

As the father of a metal head, I think your description is pretty spot on.

I've listened to dozens of bands (thanks to my son) covering multiple subgenres of metal.

I can confidently say that the only band members with any real talent are usually the drummers.

Many of the bands don't even bother with a bassist, because all they would do is mirror what the guitarist is doing. The guitarists are mostly speed demons, which has no kind of feel or emotion. Just speed.

The "vocalists," are pure crap with not a shred of talent.

But the drummers ... they usually smoke.

EDIT: I will say that the live shows I've been to have been entertaining and well worth the price of admission. To the OP - glad you had a good time at the show.

Edited by Gugny

I've listened to dozens of bands (thanks to my son) covering multiple subgenres of metal.

I can confidently say that the only band members with any real talent are usually the drummers.

Many of the bands don't even bother with a bassist, because all they would do is mirror what the guitarist is doing. The guitarists are mostly speed demons, which has no kind of feel or emotion. Just speed.

EDIT: I will say that the live shows I've been to have been entertaining and well worth the price of admission. To the OP - glad you had a good time at the show.

I'm no fossil when it comes to music. I like a lot of new cutting-edge bands. But thrash/death metal I can't appreciate.

I'm no fossil when it comes to music. I like a lot of new cutting-edge bands. But thrash/death metal I can't appreciate.

There's this one band my son listens to - Bring Me the Horizon.

Their first album was a lot of the growling bull ****.

Their second album had more of a punk edge to it and it's actually grown on me. Same with their third album.

Their latest album .... they have turned into a teeny bopper, bubblegum pop band. They must hate themselves.

But like I tell me son ... gots to pay the beels.

There's this one band my son listens to - Bring Me the Horizon.

Their first album was a lot of the growling bull ****.

Their second album had more of a punk edge to it and it's actually grown on me. Same with their third album.

Their latest album .... they have turned into a teeny bopper, bubblegum pop band. They must hate themselves.

But like I tell me son ... gots to pay the beels.

Sounds like the Goo Goo Dolls. :w00t:

Those aren't Thrash bands, they are Death.

If you want to listen a great band with great guitars, try this;