Massive Equifax data breach hits 143 million

ALF

Tell you what... Jack up your own credit. Hoard the cash. Default. Then just DO NOT miss a court date. Deny, deny, deny... You will have a gr8 excuse.

Who needs credit, when you have all that cash and sweet stuff!

And if everybody does this... You won't get a court date for 15 years... Who remembers or even if they keep signed instruments anyway.

Banks will just write the debt off and lawyers on side will buy the voodoo debt for pennies on a dollar.

Carry on my wayward consumers!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exposure of your sensitive data isn't a bug, it's a feature

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/exposure-sensitive-data-isn-apos-223000391.html

Understanding the real significance of Equifax and other incidents requires thoughtful analysis – and some math. This is typically where eyes glaze over and the conversation shifts to ridiculing the use of “fax” in the brand of a 21st century company, relying on an antiquated technology or to the academic background of the now unemployed Equifax CISO.

• We know that 143 million people have had their social security numbers, birthdates, address histories, legal names, and in some cases driver’s license numbers exposed by Equifax.

That is me and my family

• What we don’t know is how many were exposed for the first time. Consider that 4.2 BILLION personal records[1] were breached last year alone.

That is probably me and my family - they have not provided way to check for they probably do not know and they need to let officers know so they can sell more stock first.

• Yahoo lost over 1 billion of user accounts (but no SSNs or drivers’ licenses),

That is me and my family. In fact I have gotten marketing emails and other things using some of the false names I used for Yahoo! account so Yahoo! (or Verizon who bought them) sold info or breachers sold to marketers

• Anthem lost 80 million of our SSNs in 2015, and

Although I did not get notice I had info with them

• OPM breach resulted in a loss of personal background reports on more than 21 million individuals.

And this is me. Less than one month after starting job this information was lost. No government people lost jobs however.

Heard on news that federal regulators are looking into sales of stocks by executives between discovery of hacked accounts and revealing it as insider sales.

If I was in charge those guys would be lined up against a wall and shot, and wed show it on live TV.

Along with their government co-conspirators, they are the worst criminals of all.

Who asked Equifax to collect data about me anyways? They didn't ask my permission nor would I give it to them. I think Equifax is an illegal business.

class action suit for 143 million people, get a settlement of $1.00 billion to equitably distribute to all, $6.99 for all victims.

class action suit for 143 million people, get a settlement of $1.00 billion to equitably distribute to all, $6.99 for all victims.

Who cares about the money. I want Equifax, Transunion and Fair Issac and anyone like them to all go away never to surface again. It's intrusive, big brother watching kind of stuff. Who said they can track all of our purchase and payment history? I didn't give them permission to track my information.

Who cares about the money. I want Equifax, Transunion and Fair Issac and anyone like them to all go away never to surface again. It's intrusive, big brother watching kind of stuff. Who said they can track all of our purchase and payment history? I didn't give them permission to track my information.

agree