Gilmore!!!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Again, one play. i saw no others.

He does a lot of things well, his only bad parts are mediocre-poor tackling, and occasional mental mistakes.

He plays well physically in a bump, or off the line. Keeps his hips low. Has good recovery speed. Good ball skills. Can play zone over, man under. He sometimes will get penalties because he likes to play physically with the receivers.

Yes over the top is the safety's responsibility, but in a cover 2 Shdnt the CB at least jam the receiver at the line instead of playing several feet away?

That said, you need speedy DBs in a cover 2 but nobody on the Pats was gonna keep up with Hill.

So while you can't blame the CB fully - you also cannot absolve him completely.

Gilmore is a bit susceptible with these defense schemes. I remember Fitz and the Jets!! Torching Rex's scheme with Gilmore and Darby last year.

Exactly. Gilmore right away starts chasing after Hill, he obviously had that responsibility as well. He blew the coverage and McCourty did too. It was both their fault.

InfiniteWeepyGordonsetter-size_restricte

@Cianaf

NE tried to disguise their four-man rush with CB coming off opposite side of field. Safeties rotated, Gilmore blew his coverage. Awful D.

@BrianJesterFF

Replying to @Cianaf

Apparently McCourty said after the game that it was his fault. Some sort of Cover 2

Very strange cover 2... looks like a broken mess. Neither player was covering anyone.

Edited by dneveu

Looking at that video again, it looks like Gilmore simply may have guessed wrong -- thinking that the receiver was cutting toward the sideline under the assumption that smith would never throw it deep.

Well it was definitely cover 2, butler pulls up around the same spot. He also has a player in front of him though. Gilmore seemed to be looking for someone and then it was too late.

The funny thing is... that play beats cover 2 even if McCourty is where he's supposed to be. Smith might have to put a bit more air under it, or hit the outside shoulder, but it really doesn't matter.

We'd also have certain posters that can't read a coverage making false statements and getting upset when others point out reality.

Spoiler: I'm talking about you.

If you're going to sling barbs, be a man and name names.

I call the guy out when he plays poorly, and if you bothered to read (and you don't), you'd know that.

Set aside your agenda and view the game objectively.

And PS, it was Devon McCourty that said it was his responsibility, not me, but carry on

Agreed and agreed.

I loved seeing the listlessness from the team and fans in the 4th quarter

Right on cue!

Making false statements? I'm just pointing out exactly what I see watching the game, while you make every excuse in the world for the guy. I also don't live on TBD like you do, I come here to post from time to time. This is just entertainment for me while this is your life, so don't expect me to go back and read every little thing you ever wrote.

I have no personal biases against Gilmore. After one game, Gilmore looks the same as he did in Buffalo, inconsistent. He'll make some great plays and he'll get burned as well. The lack of hustle chasing down Hill I'm sure will not sit well with Belichek. I'm sure either Gilmore will get better and play more disciplined under Belichek as time progresses or Belichek will get rid of him (trade/cut).

Right on cue!

Making false statements? I'm just pointing out exactly what I see watching the game, while you make every excuse in the world for the guy. I also don't live on TBD like you do, I come here to post from time to time. This is just entertainment for me while this is your life, so don't expect me to go back and read every little thing you ever wrote.

I have no personal biases against Gilmore. After one game, Gilmore looks the same as he did in Buffalo, inconsistent. He'll make some great plays and he'll get burned as well. The lack of hustle chasing down Hill I'm sure will not sit well with Belichek. I'm sure either Gilmore will get better and play more disciplined under Belichek as time progresses or Belichek will get rid of him (trade/cut).

The hustle thing is obvious on the gif too... he goes from like 5-10-20 yards away very quickly

Right on cue!

Shocking that I'd respond to a personal attack!

You're ALWAYS wrong about this player.

Literally every time.

You readily ignore the fact that I blast your misstatements when they're false, and only because they're false.

I couldn't care less about Gilmore; what I respond to is when folks demonstrate that they don't know what's happening on the field.

I thought it was Gilmore's guy at first as well, and enjoyed quite the hearty laugh in real time.

When I watched the replay, seein McCourty close the gate on Hill and fail to recover, I revised my opinion.

It's called watching without an agenda.

You, as always, end up resorting to a personal attack when you don't have anything else of substance to contribute.

Live on this site? That's cute considering you're here dropping my name unprompted as though you have an intimate knowledge of my post history.

Just a tip Jer: if you're going to act like you know my MO, maybe don't try to fall back on the "I'm too busy to read your posts" nonsense.

Also, is it possible that some of us work different hours than you? Nah, must be that this is my life.

In the future, if you want to pick an argument with me, try a PM, or at least be man enough to mention me by name.

Watch the play again without the hate. Cover two Zone. McCourty job.

It's not hate. I didn't hate Gilmore. I understand Zone concepts fully. I just know that when I played, I would react off of instinct to such plays. It's a split second decision and it's purely instinct. You can tell if your guy is coming over the top to help you or not fairly quick. Drop your underneath zone to try and run with the guy who's about to burn your defense for a TD. With Hill being as fast as he is though, it's almost impossible to keep up with him. At least try to give Smith something to think about when he's going to release that ball deep versus letting him run a practice play.

Satan isn't infallible. He makes mistakes. He made a huge investment in Gilmore. Inarguably the best coach in football thought Gilmore was great. You can't even question that by the contract Satan offered. Will be interesting to see what happens.

But does Gilmore fall into the good bucket for BB* or into the clunker?

He definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt, but when you look at him dumping Jones, Collins, Ryan - for Ealy, Gilmore, etc it's a very bad trade off on paper and yesterday's game proved it. Once Hightower went down, that defense collapsed.

Don't tell me Satan isn't having second thoughts about Gilmore - not from the long balls, but from his piss poor effort to stop Hunt's 78 Yd TD.

Literally every time.

You readily ignore the fact that I blast your misstatements when they're false, and only because they're false.

I couldn't care less about Gilmore; what I respond to is when folks demonstrate that they don't know what's happening on the field.

I thought it was Gilmore's guy at first as well, and enjoyed quite the hearty laugh in real time.

When I watched the replay, seein McCourty close the gate on Hill and fail to recover, I revised my opinion.

You, as always, end up resorting to a personal attack when you don't have anything else of substance to contribute.

Live on this site? That's cute considering you're here dropping my name unprompted as though you have an intimate knowledge of my post history.

Just a tip Jer: if you're going to act like you know my MO, maybe don't try to fall back on the "I'm too busy to read your posts" nonsense.

Also, is it possible that some of us work different hours than you? Nah, must be that this is my life.

In the future, if you want to pick an argument with me, try a PM, or at least be man enough to mention me by name.

I didn't even mentioned your name and you responded, so you're the one who got your panties in a wad whenever someone says anything negative about Gilmore.

Also, cut the internet tough guy act, it's embarrassing!

It's funny, you say I'm always wrong about Gilmore, but yet I have the same opinions as majority of fans do about him. Guess we're all wrong about him and you're right?! You need to tell the entire Bills Mafia why they're all wrong!

http://us.blastingnews.com/sports/2017/09/bills-mafia-destroys-stephon-gilmore-on-twitter-after-blown-coverage-001992243.html

Oh I get to do the thing...

THE WORLD: Alex Smith can't go deep

STEPHON GILMORE: Hold my beer#OnTVnowDude

Literally every time.

Bandito taking off the gloves!

Don't let him off the mat!

But does Gilmore fall into the good bucket for BB* or into the clunker?

He definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt, but when you look at him dumping Jones, Collins, Ryan - for Ealy, Gilmore, etc it's a very bad trade off on paper and yesterday's game proved it. Once Hightower went down, that defense collapsed.

Don't tell me Satan isn't having second thoughts about Gilmore - not from the long balls, but from his piss poor effort to stop Hunt's 78 Yd TD.

One game dude - one game. Let's slow our roll until October.