Gilmore!!!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup.

2 deep safety, against 3 vertical routes. Tough for the safety's but those guys are most certainly theirs to cover.

McCourty gets sucked into the middle vert route, should be playing wider.

Probably so and that route is designed to cross the defense up. It worked.

I think at minimum it was a coordinator dominating another coordinator and the players couldn't adjust.

Not only is he overrated but the best part is he's an 8.5M cap hit and a 22.5M dead cap hit

40M guaranteed for that slacker.

once again proves that belichick is a below average talent evaluator. without brady he's.....well.....unable to score a single point against us in foxboro last year

GEEEEENNNNNNIIIIUUUUUUSSSSSS

I don't know if it was Gilmore's fault but this seems to be a pattern for one reason or another. A play on his side on a man that he was covering gets a long touchdown reception. Then there is a he said she said deal on who gets the blame. Bottom line, TD occurs on a somewhat consistent basis against the guy he was covering at some point during the play. The way I see it that it occurs too often for a supposedly elite corner to happen against.

Gilmore's fault or not, if he were still on the Bills and that happened in week 1, this board would be in full meltdown mode!

The best part of last nights game, for me, was thinking of all the Pats fans streaming out of the stadium on a Thursday night thinking "what just happened!?" :D:beer:

But shouldnt the corner keep bailing if no one is in front of him?

Yes... the OLB on his side would follow any player into that zone on a cross. Smith is pretty fast though, so you might be worrying about a QB scramble too.

He didn't even turn around to look at Hill which screams miscommunication as McCourty was at the hash mark - but that to me is always his issue. He only takes care of himself, and doesn't communicate well.

Edited by dneveu

Gilmore's fault or not, if he were still on the Bills and that happened in week 1, this board would be in full meltdown mode!

The best part of last nights game, for me, was thinking of all the Pats fans streaming out of the stadium on a Thursday night thinking "what just happened!?" :D:beer:

We'd have a certain poster on TBD defend the guy [Gilmore] to death and would blame it on everyone else.

We'd have a certain poster on TBD defend the guy [Gilmore] to death and would blame it on everyone else.

We'd also have certain posters that can't read a coverage making false statements and getting upset when others point out reality.

Spoiler: I'm talking about you.

If you're going to sling barbs, be a man and name names.

I call the guy out when he plays poorly, and if you bothered to read (and you don't), you'd know that.

Set aside your agenda and view the game objectively.

And PS, it was Devon McCourty that said it was his responsibility, not me, but carry on

Agreed and agreed.

I loved seeing the listlessness from the team and fans in the 4th quarter

I watched him as closely as i could last night, and except for the one big play, he looked pretty darn good. The McCourty comment seems to make sense too given that the Chiefs don't throw deep much and cover 2 necessitates a handoff to the safety. Hard to say for sure on that play, though.

Yes... the OLB on his side would follow any player into that zone on a cross. Smith is pretty fast though, so you might be worrying about a QB scramble too.

He didn't even turn around to look at Hill which screams miscommunication as McCourty was at the hash mark - but that to me is always his issue. He only takes care of himself, and doesn't communicate well.

How do oyu know he doesn't communicate well? That's a serious question. Do you have actual evidence?

Watch the play again without the hate. Cover two Zone. McCourty job.

Tyreek Hill was being covered by one guy? Come on, Gilmore obviously needed to stay with him too. He made the wrong move and Hill burned right past him. It's entirely possible BOTH players were responsible.

I watched him as closely as i could last night, and except for the one big play, he looked pretty darn good. The McCourty comment seems to make sense too given that the Chiefs don't throw deep much and cover 2 necessitates a handoff to the safety. Hard to say for sure on that play, though.

How do oyu know he doesn't communicate well? That's a serious question. Do you have actual evidence?

I said "that to me" indicating it was an opinion. But thanks for jumping on me like I'm presenting it as fact.