Nancy and Chuck Are My Friends

Tiberius

I would think there could be a deal to be had.

With the So-called Dreamers he could make it permanent for those kids to get a legal status and in exchange he gets his wall fully funded. Basically they could dare the Dems to vote on a bill that would deny these kids permanent legal status. I don't see how Democrats on a large scale would vote no for that.

Package infrastructure with a tax package. Basically you'd have the nationalists and Democrats both in favor of infrastructure with a "Made in the USA" bend to it, tax cuts for everyone except the "rich" which again would be bring these two potentially together and viola! You have enough of a coalition to pass a tax reform bill.

I don't think he'd have enough Republican votes in the House to do any of that as wall funding and infrastructure would come with a heavy price tag. Most are also beholden to their donors and the whole purpose of tax reform to them is to give tax cuts to the rich and large corporations. They're not going to play ball for this outsider.

Nancy & Chuck are neoliberal tools of the establishment. If they are consistent on one thing it's in doing things that don't result in blowing up the economy, like not raising the debt ceiling.

Trump isn't an Austrian and hasn't swallowed the Peter Schiff Jim Richards sound money Kool-Aid and won't be moving the USD back to the gold standard.

I'm wondering why some on the right are surprised considering he was quoted during the Republican primary as saying something to the effect of; 'we can print money and have largest central bank in the world.' Trump is a businessman first, he's not going to make deals with guys like Paul Ryan who have spent an entire career working inside D.C. and have no idea how our nation finances work, Ayn Rand be damned.

On this issue, Trump would rather align with Wall Street neoliberal Democrats than Tea Party conservatives.

Edited by Dr.Sack

I don't think he'd have enough Republican votes in the House to do any of that as wall funding and infrastructure would come with a heavy price tag. Most are also beholden to their donors and the whole purpose of tax reform to them is to give tax cuts to the rich and large corporations. They're not going to play ball for this outsider.

I disagree. Even though Trump isn't popular with the so-called establishment republicans he still has solid support from rank and file Republicans. There is a winning formula of a coalition for him to be had and that coalition wouldn't be there for everything that he needs but in this case he would need the nationalists which Bannon is for this, Democrats, which they could be for this and then the rank and file Republicans which he wouldn't need all that many of them. The pressure would be so great for McConnell and Ryan to put it up for a vote that they'd have to.

I posted this in the hurricane thread

Will this 💵 Cover Donnys resort

http://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/0A593EF8-93C0-11E7-ABA2-C43A401C9AD2

I do give Trump credit for getting more funding for Harvey and Irma relief by going this route. It was the right thing to do.

💯%