The 10 Most White Trash NY Cities

IDBillzFan

My home town Auburn is a mixed bag. They've come a long way since Bass Pro came and downtown was completely revitalized. Still a heap of white trash floating around, but not nearly as bad as they depict in this piece, IMHO.

Anyone been to Troy recently, BTW? Gentrification in full swing there. The hipsters are taking over the 'hood.

Yeah the prison does Auburn no favors. Being located very close to downtown is just downright idiotic. That said Auburn has come a long ways. Bass Pro started it but the revitalization of downtown has changed Auburn greatly. There is a fantastic arts scene now. Merry Go Round Playhouse has expanded and now has shows in several location during the summer season. There is also live music at many places most nights of the week. It has gone from a dying town to one where there is actually things to do.

The surrounding areas however are filled with rednecks and white trash (and I'm from one of those surrounding areas :bag: )

My home town Auburn is a mixed bag. They've come a long way since Bass Pro came and downtown was completely revitalized. Still a heap of white trash floating around, but not nearly as bad as they depict in this piece, IMHO.

I agree. I left young and never wanted to go back to live there, but over the last decade or so each time back is better. I can't really move right now, but if I could I would likely move back to Auburn.