NYS Government (you can't make this stuff up)

Perched in the westernmost county in New York, within heckling distance of Ohio, Jamestown has been leaking population for years as many of its furniture factories flopped and textile mills tanked.

Actually PA is really close, Ohio is about an hour away. PA boarder is less than ten minutes. Nice hockey rink there though

I only skimmed the first few paragraphs...but I assume that Andrew Cuomo is somehow directly to blame for that ridiculous idea?

Hah. State invests $10 million into a facility nobody will use, but block fracking rights on top of the biggest gas reserves in the country.

I only skimmed the first few paragraphs...but I assume that Andrew Cuomo is somehow directly to blame for that ridiculous idea?

You are correct, sir....

“I believe this is going to be a national attraction,” Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said during a stop here in early August to announce a promotional package for the center, predicting scores of jobs and millions of dollars for the local economy. “You are already hitting it out of the park.”

Hah. State invests $10 million into a facility nobody will use, but block fracking rights on top of the biggest gas reserves in the country.

If natural gas becomes scarce in the future, the fracking gas in NY will be worth a fortune. Maybe then can be done safer then now.

You are correct, sir....

“I believe this is going to be a national attraction,” Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said during a stop here in early August to announce a promotional package for the center, predicting scores of jobs and millions of dollars for the local economy. “You are already hitting it out of the park.”

I think he should have said that Jamestown is "punching above their weight."