Bills Waive/Injured TJ Yates

Roundybout

Not quite.

To make room on the roster for Thornton the Bills released DT DeAndre Coleman and placed QB TJ Yates on injured reserve.

Have to be placed on IR to start the injury settlement process I think. I believe they now have 5 days to reach an agreement. Edited by Scott7975

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to be placed on IR to start the injury settlement process I think. I believe they now have 5 days to reach an agreement.

Yes, but Bobby was claiming Bills could release him injured outright

But but but i was told they cant cut a Concussed player.

So this cant be true.

Vindicated

Yep i am. Still concussed. Off the Roster. Was specially told many times would not happen.

Now can release from IR once healthy or with Injury Settlement

And he could have been cut to there smart one. Just like Butler was.

So can cut one but not the other right. Really people

"Bills waived-injured Jeremy Butler, according to a source

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) September 2, 2"

You seem to be confused about the term "cut".... cut means released, gone, adios, don't let the door hit you on the ass......

Both Butler & Yates were waived-injured, can't directly "cut" an injured player...... will result in Injury settlement or IR at some point

This thread is giving us a major headache :wallbash:

Not quite.

To make room on the roster for Thornton the Bills released DT DeAndre Coleman and placed QB TJ Yates on injured reserve.

That's what waived/injured means GG. He's waived, and another team can claim him if they want. If he clears waivers, then he goes on IR because you can't cut an injured player.

But but but i was told they cant cut a Concussed player.

So this cant be true.

Vindicated

They can't. "Cut" or "waived" means "you're gone"

"Waived/injured" means if you clear waivers, you go on IR - you can not be cut. You can be cut after your injury resolves, or released if you reach an injury settlement.

"Bills waived-injured Jeremy Butler, according to a source

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) September 2, 2"

You seem to be confused about the term "cut".... cut means released, gone, adios, don't let the door hit you on the ass......

Both Butler & Yates were waived-injured, can't directly "cut" an injured player...... will result in Injury settlement or IR at some point

This thread is giving us a major headache :wallbash:

The difference between IR and waived-injured is on IR team has full rights; on waived-injured player (player has to agree) can join another team or even original team but three weeks after original team waived him. If a player is waived the team can sign him back as soon as they wish.

The difference between IR and waived-injured is on IR team has full rights; on waived-injured player (player has to agree) can join another team or even original team but three weeks after original team waived him. If a player is waived the team can sign him back as soon as they wish.

I think you probably know this, but just to clarify for all - waived/injured and injury settlement have different rules for another team (can join immediately) vs waiving team (three week gap). I think that's what you meant, but maybe not quite clear from the above.