Republican Tax Plan (a nothingburger with cheese)

Tiberius

They can't pass anything that is not revenue neutral.......so good luck

Really surprised they haven't been more aggressive in lowering spending, as well. I know they've made some cuts, but not enough yet to offset some of the tax plans I've seen floating around. They've always harped on small government, low spending, paying down the debt, etc. This is the time to make it happen. If they wait too long, they might lose the votes to push things through.

Really surprised they haven't been more aggressive in lowering spending, as well. I know they've made some cuts, but not enough yet to offset some of the tax plans I've seen floating around. They've always harped on small government, low spending, paying down the debt, etc. This is the time to make it happen. If they wait too long, they might lose the votes to push things through.

Republicans are all about tax cuts and spending cuts when they're out of power. Once in power they enjoy spending as much as Democrats

Okay, it would appear you've attracted a little attention with this, so the floor is yours.

The USD is a free floating fiat currency. Whether you like it or not the Government can create money by spending it into existence. Money is not created by taxation. In fact taxation destroys currency. If a government were to tax more than it spends it is destroying money while expecting the economy to grow.

We can start at how money is created and who creates.

Okay, it would appear you've attracted a little attention with this, so the floor is yours.

The USD is a free floating fiat currency. Whether you like it or not the Government can create money by spending it into existence. Money is not created by taxation. In fact taxation destroys currency. If a government were to tax more than it spends it is destroying money while expecting the economy to grow.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

MMT won't go over well with the conservative bent on this board...

And by "government," I assume you mean the "Federal Reserve..."