Republican Tax Plan (a nothingburger with cheese)

Tiberius

There is no way that the Dems would support a GOP tax cut, even if it miraculously next day cured cancer, it will always be griping and pointing out anyone they can find who it didn't help.

You also need a President who can convince the country that he is pro-business.

Regan and Trump definitely, Carter and Obama not so much, Clinton surprisingly sorta but not like Reagan and Trump...

Trump is pro-Trump, nothing more nothing less.

You are a Trump Conservative

Canadians can't even begin to grasp what Trump is or appears to be.

It is entertaining though.

My firm was part of a US corporation for a few years, i got to see stark diffs between our cultures.

The best was a partner in Toronto quoted a possible US file for $15,000 in fees, and then our US side re-wrote the estimate at $150,000 intentionally.

Trump is pro-Trump, nothing more nothing less.

Trump is pro-business. There isn't any wiggle room on that one.

Canadians can't even begin to grasp what Trump is or appears to be.

It is entertaining though.

My firm was part of a US corporation for a few years, i got to see stark diffs between our cultures.

The best was a partner in Toronto quoted a possible US file for $15,000 in fees, and then our US side re-wrote the estimate at $150,000 intentionally.

Trump is pro-business. There isn't any wiggle room on that one.

Please, you love Trump. You are a Pro-Trump Trumpkin

There hasn't been such a business-driven public capitalist as POTUS since..... Hoover?

The presumption being that he does so from some sort of deeply held philosophical belief.

But he's not that deep. And he only believes in himself. He would stop supporting business in a heartbeat if it ever became inconvenient for him.

There hasn't been such a business-driven public capitalist as POTUS since..... Hoover?

Trump's narcissistic populism does not equate to a consistent pro-business mindset. Both Bushes, Reagan, even JFK had more clarity regarding private capital formation.

Trump's pro-business credentials are a twitter mirage

Two wrongs don't make your question right...

First, the Chinese are making a choice to purchase US paper in return for continuing to sell their goods to US consumers at "current prices." They accumulate $s through their trade surplus with US, and rather than sell those $s for yuan and cause the dollar to depreciate against it--which would make their goods more expensive, they CHOOSE to purchase US assets to keep the exchange rate stable. We get their cheap stuff and they get an IOU that can gives them other pieces of paper at some future date.

Second, have you paid back any of the government debt that was issued when your parents were working? It never has to be paid back. Just like a corporation that can live forever does, US debt is rolled over as it matures. As the safest and most liquid market in the world, US debt is in high demand by financial institutions, wealthy investors, sovereign wealth funds, et al. As long as the US debt-to-GDP ratio doesn't get out of hand--though no one (not even Rogoff) knows what that means, the debt never has to be paid off.

Now, if Trump's tax plan causes trillion dollar deficits when we're not in a recession, then it's time to worry...but not for the reasons you stated...

Aren't you the guy who thinks the Feds don't actually need to collect taxes....just print money....?

No....its pretty much the way I said it...maybe the Chinese thing is hyperbole as I think they purchase a fraction of our debt....

The GOP has passed authorization to borrow $1.5T to put in the pockets of mostly well off people and companies....if you are for these tax cuts that is what you are for....

Unless you believe in your hocus pocus...

Aren't you the guy who thinks the Feds don't actually need to collect taxes....just print money....?

No....its pretty much the way I said it...maybe the Chinese thing is hyperbole as I think they purchase a fraction of our debt....

The GOP has passed authorization to borrow $1.5T to put in the pockets of mostly well off people and companies....if you are for these tax cuts that is what you are for....

Unless you believe in your hocus pocus...

But it's Tuesday. You're a day early. You don't usually seagull-post until Wednesday.

He will tell you, despite being given link after link which says otherwise, that the Federal Reserve is a part of the US Government and not an independent entity.

Ummm....I was the guy supplying the links, the proof and the smack down. It is part of Federal Government

Aren't you the guy who thinks the Feds don't actually need to collect taxes....just print money....?No....its pretty much the way I said it...maybe the Chinese thing is hyperbole as I think they purchase a fraction of our debt....The GOP has passed authorization to borrow $1.5T to put in the pockets of mostly well off people and companies....if you are for these tax cuts that is what you are for....Unless you believe in your hocus pocus...

no, I certainly never said that. Taxes are necessary to transfer resource claims from private sector to public. The government can't spend $3 trillion without reducing private claims, otherwise it's inflationary. Excess spending over taxes is a different story.

You don't seem to understand the "Chinese thing." We don't borrow from china, rather, they choose to buy US securities to prevent the yuan from appreciating against the $ to protect their largest export market.

I do agree with you statement about the GOP. It's a really bad plan, especially at this stage of the business cycle.